The Terrible Position I Am In

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nuttybott

Reserve Grader
I hate the Bulldogs. I mean really HATE their worthless scumbag club with a simmering passion.

I hate their grub players, from Michael "Hopalong" Ennis through to that ginger Pommy git James Graham (although I DID hear he came down with food poisoning during the 2012 GF lol! :D). Grubs, the lot of 'em.

I hate their odious fans.

I hate the way they spoiled our 2011 premiership celebrations by destabilising our club with backdoor dealings that led to our coach defecting to them a year earlier than planned, along with spreading unsettling rumours that practically our entire playing staff was about to move to Belmore.

I hate their dishonourable history...in particular the treacherous move to Super League in 1995, and the fact that they came away from such a dog act (pun intended) completely unscathed, with tons of News Ltd support & a guaranteed place in the new NRL competition, while Manly - just about the only club which had behaved honourably and with total integrity throughout the whole sorry mess - was sent broke and forced into the disastrous Northern Eagles merger with North Sydney.

In short, I hate the Bulldogs. I HATE HATE HATE them.

And yet tonight I have to cheer for them. Because they are playing Souths...my oldest and bitterest enemy in the Rugby League world. I am constitutionally incapable of cheering for the Rabbitohs, under any circumstances, ever.

What a terrible bloody situation! :-/

I think we are all in a similar situation, friend. As someone said in another thread, just enjoy the fact that at full time one of those two teams will have lost. Think of the loser, not the winner :)

I suppose I have to watch it. Being the last game of the season. So far this has been a season to forget - I can't see it getting any better if either team wins.

I will be going for the dogs. Lesser of two evils. Can't see them winning though.

I will only be watching the losers tonight. The winners will not register in my memory or consciousness. I will revel in their misery. So the question is which loser will I get more amusement and joy out of. Souffs will be hilarious. So many mongs and bogans at their depths of despair, that would be so good to savour. Whereas the dogs, the joy of seeing the devil himself foiled again, as well as the misery inflicted on their arrogant fkwit supporters. It's tough and I still dont know so I'll just let Ch9 and Greenturd decide the result as per usual.

I have been mulling over it all week.

I wish both teams could lose miserably, so I guess the best result is for one team to lose miserably.

Souths or dogs by 39-0

NYEagle

I think the Bulldogs & Manly have both won 8 premierships. I don't really want them to overtake us BUT I am finding it hard to support Souths. There supporter are already talking about how they will go back to back. They have become so cocky even though they havn't won anything for almost half a century. What also pissed me off was those feral Bunnies supporters always give it to us when they beat us, where as the Dogs supporters celebrate hard but don't rub it into our faces like those feral Souths fans. The Dogs fans even admitted they were lucky against us. Saying all that I think I will be going for the Bunnies. Prediction Rabbitohs 20 Bulldogs 21 with T-Rex Clive Churchill Medal winner.

At the end of the day, it's just a game. Take it easy nutty bott. .....I don't like neither of them but I rather rabbits win.

cliffhanger said:
At the end of the day, it's just a game. Take it easy nutty bott. .....I don't like neither of them but I rather rabbits win.

Of course it is just a game...but without the passionate emotional involvement we all feel, we might as well go and watch the opera instead.

voicefromthehill said:
You could simply not watch

I may well not watch it, but I can hardly fail to become aware of the result afterwards, and that is bad enough... :(

You're in the same boat as all of us.

At the end of the day they are all men like the rest of us (except for the ladies of course). As much as we hate it, we're out. Let's just sit back and watch a good game of football from great footy players who deserve to achieve what they do.

Hate them during the season all you like; if we aren't there they deserve it and I dont let it squash my enjoyment of our great game, whoever they are. Regardless of what i might say on here rugby league is to big a treasure to let it's biggest day rott because our beloved team's not there.

Go doggies. I'll say it. Des deserves the win. He's a fantastic coach regardless of what he did in regards to our board/club.

Super league turncoats, defecting des... Reason enough.

Go 'the pride of the league'! Bout time we give that baby it's bottle.

I'm surprised the true fact that you have to lose one to win one hasn't come up this week. I guess it gets in the way of souths destiny rhetoric. 12 of the dogs lost in 2012. They'll win tonight.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6