The team left broken by NRL halves transfer circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Also a great back up for Greenturd...everytime there's a scandal not only will he continue to blame Manly, but Carney too because he plays for Manly!!

I have a feeling Carney might have finally “ grown up”.

He’s had a ton of misdeeds and a lot of lives , but if this one was granted it would surely be his “ last chance saloon”.

And no doubt ,he would know it!

The whole Todd Carney situation is a joke. About 10 years ago now, he did break a couple of laws. Since then his indiscretions have been harmless to anyone other than himself, and not a big deal at all, but we ban him

We have Lodge playing for the Broncos this year after some very serious incidents. Past few seasons have seen Wicks, Matagi, Packer and Mau playing, who have all spent time behind bars. Some other guys have been convicted of stuff as well, but still play, while Carney is banned for minor things

I have a feeling Carney might have finally “ grown up”.

He’s had a ton of misdeeds and a lot of lives , but if this one was granted it would surely be his “ last chance saloon”.

And no doubt ,he would know it!

I don’t think Carney has been given permission play in the NRL and I can not seeing getting permission if Manly sign him. Carney’s best chance to back into the NRL is by signing with either the Broncos, Roosters, Dogs or Eels.

History says your assessment is wrong, Chez does need a quality halves partner and the 2016 season proves it.
Green wasn't a big name on massive coin. Walker almost certainly a bigger name with a higher salary. All Chez needs is a game manager. Someone with a great boot. General play, conversions who can steer a team around the paddock. Need not cost the earth. But if they are not that type of half, then we have some probs.

Bumper Farrell was allowed to bite a bloke’s ear off and still play because he was a cop.

Carney can’t even light a bloke’s genitals on fire, pretend the prescription drugs weren’t his, do a bubbler, run from a drunk car accident, be banned from goulburn, date lauryn eagle, get photographed with schapelle and Mercedes, or tattoo “Darryl” on his neck without being slapped from pillar to post.

Right now we have a phantom 5/8 because the reality is that we don't know who it will be. Is Hastings training there right now? Is Cullen or Croker or Metcalf?

Maybe we should give this guy a go. I hear he was pretty elusive on his feet ;)

11960021_10153061354132747_2437585866843638252_n.jpg

Walker was trumpeted as a 5/8 when we signed him wasn't he ? Played all his junior footy there and was looking forward to the challenge...blah....blah...blah. Seems he fooled Bozo and Baz among others

There are similarities there with Tom Wright. Both were running 5/8's in the juniors, but with DCE as our halfback for basically the rest of his career we don't need a running 5/8, that much was proved with the failed Walker experiment. We need an organiser with a good football brain, a good passing game and a good all-round kicking game. And right now the player we have that probably most fits that bill is Hastings.

I've calmed down on the axe murder thing though, now I just laugh at the idiots on Facebook who bang on about how Wright is going to be the games next great 5/8 and he'll be in the Manly #6 jumper next year. But then, the mentality of some on FB lead them to believe that our best option would be to move Tommy Turbo to pivot and play either Wright or Parker at fullback.....

Green had a substantial offer on the table and really wanted to go. What makes anyone think it would have been a good idea to force him to stay if he wanted to go?

As for Pearce, would have been good to have him with DCE but at that coin we would have been hamstrung with strengthening/balancing our team elsewhere. We tabled an offer that we could afford, he didn’t want it so he went for the $$$. I think it’s actually good that our club knows what they are prepared to pay and not go overs.

We have a heap of juniors knocking on the door for a shot and whilst it might not be an instant fix we might unearth the next superstar without blowing our cap position.

I’m not stressed at all. 2016 we struggled for a number of reasons not all DCE. TB was in his first yr as headcoach at a time when we had a lot of player changeover in a short space of time. We have a settled squad that gave the comp a real shake and i think it will be nothing like 2016.

Let's wait and see what Santa has for us around Christmas. Too early to be worrying about next years season

Yep Green would have stayed I think if we could compete with the deal. We chose not to. A gamble on Pearce that went south.

Now hodgo? A reject from the wooden spoon team. What is the strategy here?

I didn't really want Pearce ( at the sort of $$$$ he was asking ) and not convinced he was the right fit for us....... better than nothing yes but that's life.

I really reckon we'll take Hodkinson and see if his old knees will last the season (they probably won't ) and add him to the mix of Hastings, Croker and Cullen and to a lesser extent Wright and Metcalfe and by the end of 2018 see what happens.

If taking an extreme "glass half full" of our halves at least we have ummmmmm lots of options and ummmm good depth.

All the good halves in the NRL were rookies once so maybe one of our young guns will go well?
I'd like to Api take a few kicks from dummy half a la scam smyth, to take pressure off DCE and whoever is our six

The more I think about it the more I hope we don't get Hodko. What can he really offer? He's got no pace, ordinary kicks in play, not the greatest defender and he's got the body of a 99 year old. He's overpriced and can't even make the run in squad for wooden spooners as @desreturnoftheking has stated. Let's give our youth a go next to an experienced and inspiring DCE..that's why Brock lamb is highly rated.. He was given an opportunity.

The more I think about it the more I hope we don't get Hodko. What can he really offer? He's got no pace, ordinary kicks in play, not the greatest defender and he's got the body of a 99 year old. He's overpriced and can't even make the run in squad for wooden spooners as @desreturnoftheking has stated. Let's give our youth a go next to an experienced and inspiring DCE..that's why Brock lamb is highly rated.. He was given an opportunity.
His last season at the dogs was uninspiring and he has gone down hill from there
No deal.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11