The sum of us: Rugby league hero Steve Mortimer proud of his son's gay union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Will you be able to watch the Knights game over there? Does your partner go for manly? These are important concerns.
She's gone from "Sport? Really?" to knowing every Manly player's name, who we're playing each week, and even opinions on form and selections! My own, personal, triumph.
Am looking into how I can watch the Knights game from there - anyone have any suggestions?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not in New York. We're getting married there on April 19 after 17 years together. Got sick of waiting!

Congratulations!

wow, 17 years!

and if Trump gets elected and bans everything....you can always come up here to Canada! They even let an Aussie marry one of their own so you two will be fine!

:)

:ring::ring::ring::ring:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Congratulations!

wow, 17 years!

and if Trump gets elected and bans everything....you can always come up here to Canada! They even let an Aussie marry one of their own so you two will be fine!

:)

:ring::ring::ring::ring:
Thanks GE!!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
At the deepest level, I see no difference at all – none, zero, zilch - between Ralphie and me. If I was born in Ralphie’s place and had his experiences and life, I have no reason to think I’d be one iota different.

There’s a fundamental, basic logical error behind your entire argument. You’ve equated acceptance with agreement. Why have you done this? I can only speculate.

I totally accept Ralphie. I wish him well. I am not in the least bit upset by his presence in the world and I welcome his presence. I accept his postings, and I feel the pain behind them. I don’t agree with his postings on this topic and see his attitudes are harmful to gays, and to himself, and to those around him. And I speak my mind - like you are doing now. Would you have me do any different?

Is that difficult to comprehend Woodsie – that you can accept someone and not agree with them? Ralphie invited himself into this conversation, he engaged when he wanted to, and he chose when he left. He’s an adult. It seems you have extreme compassion for Ralphie – and feel the need to rescue him - perhaps because you share his views? – and you display little compassion for people he harms with his attitudes.

I am wondering why you’ve taken off with such extreme emotional intensity here. You did this weird extreme emotional reaction thing when SER8 challenged you in a pretty low-key way. Is this what you normally do when challenged? You certainly didn’t have similar emotional intensity supporting gay rights – and in fact reading between the lines of your postings gave hints that your stance is something quite to the contrary – which is behind why I challenged you - so I’m bemused. Will you come clean and clearly state where you stand? Or are jokes and outrage all you do?

I have already clearly and succinctly replied to your posting on judgements - which you have apparently not bothered to read or digested. The first response was very short and clear. I'll put it in new words for you:

There is a world of difference between making discernments (judgements) and blame (judgements). One is an essential life skill, the other is negativity in action. Is that too wordy or complex for you?

Yes because that’s what I see they are. You can disagree, you can have a different view, but that is what I see.

Ralphie’s stance is belief without enquiry - that gay behaviour is immoral – he can’t - or won’t - provide any reasons why, he just indicates that he believes it is. And this (widespread) belief in immorality has direct, tangible, negative consequences in how gays are mistreated.

Your stance that you purportedly admire Thorpie – on the surface - seems to me to be utter b*sh*t designed to make you look credible. In my view it was gutless of you to defame Thorpie in a forum where he doesn’t even have an opportunity to respond. But that is your prerogative - to be gutless - and defame someone who cannot respond. I am wondering if your friends all wonder if you similarly defame them and call them names behind their back? If I was in your inner circle, I would, if that is how you do what you do here.

You have a problem when I am succinct. You have a problem when I expand at your request. You have a problem no matter what.

If you can’t gather my feelings from what I have said, then you’re not even trying. I feel for the pain inflicted on gays. I feel for the pain of the people inflicting that pain. I know both types of pains – at a visceral level - very well. I have seen first hand, close up, the pain coming from insensitive comments, like yours, first hand. And beyond the pain, I feel deeply, deeply sad about it all.

As I expected, you are calm, compassionate, and rational whilst Ralphie is the reason why gays worldwide suffer, and I am an emotional nightmare who's friends lie awake at night dreading the moment I call them names.

But you, understand all this, Ralphie is only the result of his poor environment and I am an attack dog whose is hiding and fighting my latent homosexual tendencies.

As I said you are becoming increasingly irrational, and with each post you make you are raising our crimes against humanity one level higher, and your assertion and self promotion more obvious and desperate.

You are having difficulty staying on topic, so I will remind you, what our disagreement is about.

Do you agree or disagree that people have the right to disapprove?

PS. Your childish attempt to draw me into the gay debate is noted, and I will happily engage once you admit you were wrong, and that declare that people really do have the right to disapprove.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
She's gone from "Sport? Really?" to knowing every Manly player's name, who we're playing each week, and even opinions on form and selections! My own, personal, triumph.
Am looking into how I can watch the Knights game from there - anyone have any suggestions?

From bed

As I expected, you are calm, compassionate, and rational whilst Ralphie is the reason why gays worldwide suffer, and I am an emotional nightmare who's friends lie awake at night dreading the moment I call them names.

But you, understand all this, Ralphie is only the result of his poor environment and I am an attack dog whose is hiding and fighting my latent homosexual tendencies.

As I said you are becoming increasingly irrational, and with each post you make you are raising our crimes against humanity one level higher, and your assertion and self promotion more obvious and desperate.

You are having difficulty staying on topic, so I will remind you, what our disagreement is about.

Do you agree or disagree that people have the right to disapprove?

PS. Your childish attempt to draw me into the gay debate is noted, and I will happily engage once you admit you were wrong, and that declare that people really do have the right to disapprove.
Keep it simple-he is a dickhead....I think he actually likes being one lol

Keep it simple-he is a dickhead....I think he actually likes being one lol
I can't believe this prick painted me as a homophobe. It bothers me, because i have a lot of friends who are gay. and I don't particularly judge. I am religious and a christian. I don't think I calculate religion as something that defines me, but I have my own firm beliefs.
I am in awe of a couple of Manly posters on here displaying their true feelings, and whilst I have a differing view, I love their passion and conviction.
You see, this is the real problem. I respect anybodies feelings and rights. but I will not cop a grandstanding dickhead full of personal diatribe, telling me what I should be or think. Congrats @Budgewoi Eagle on your impending marriage-it must be a fantastic feeling for you to perpetuate your dreams.
Deep down I love all you Manly fans, I wouldn't be here otherwise.
To Rex... FU

Me personally this is my view/stand point on Gay marriage in a general sense--- i will vote yes to legalize gay marriage as i feel i don't have the right to deny another human the right to do so.

From a more personal perspective i will not accept the relationship as a marriage but i accept their right to marriage---i would also represent this viewpoint to my family if i had kids but not enforce it---they are free to form their own viewpoint once they are old enough to do so.

In the end it is now becoming more of an agenda and a form of pride in being different, bonding people through a common cause/belief to the point of being entertained by the combined passions---- so basically people like myself will barely exist in 30yrs or so.

It is like acceptance is a one way funded streak now---just remember acceptance is a two way street with a middle ground which seems to be forgotten in all this.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Not in New York. We're getting married there on April 19 after 17 years together. Got sick of waiting!
Congrats hope you have a blast.

I'll be honest while I'm someone who is really sympathetic to LGBT community the whole gay marriage thing is a bit of a non event to me today. Because marriage like Xmas and Easter is just a commercial exercise now about pushing retail sales and helping businesses make money which isn't a bad thing. Traditional hetro marriage has lost significance now there isn't the whole moral based stigma of living in sin and the shagging out of wedlock bs.

Each to their own who am I or anyone else to tell someone how they should live their lives.

However what I don't understand is why the family lawyers are getting right behind the push for same sex marriage. Because when it does become legal their market for divorces is technically going to double

• 👍

Ralphie

Bencher
Me personally this is my view/stand point on Gay marriage in a general sense--- i will vote yes to legalize gay marriage as i feel i don't have the right to deny another human the right to do so.

From a more personal perspective i will not accept the relationship as a marriage but i accept their right to marriage---i would also represent this viewpoint to my family if i had kids but not enforce it---they are free to form their own viewpoint once they are old enough to do so.

In the end it is now becoming more of an agenda and a form of pride in being different, bonding people through a common cause/belief to the point of being entertained by the combined passions---- so basically people like myself will barely exist in 30yrs or so.

It is like acceptance is a one way funded streak now---just remember acceptance is a two way street with a middle ground which seems to be forgotten in all this.
The incredibly ironic sideshow to this whole marriage thing is that marriage is a construct of the Church/religion and was solely administered by the Church for a milenium. I think it was in the early 1800's that Governments decided to regulate marriage and so it was essentially taken from the Church.

No one wants a civil union, they want a marriage, but the simple fact is there is absolutely no difference other than a name. I think Cameron is right about large numbers of people turning their back on marriage and just being happy with defacto status.

Each to their own I guess, the reality is married, not married it just doesn't matter one way or the other.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Congratulations on the big step:bride:
:h:

You could have gotten hitched in NZ after the Warriors game on Saturday @:D

This place has the footy on in NY
http://wp.theaustraliannyc.com/
20 West 38th Street, between 5th & 6th Ave
@TheAustralianNY is their twitter address

• 📚

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Congratulations on the big step:bride:
:h:

You could have gotten hitched in NZ after the Warriors game on Saturday @:D

This place has the footy on in NY
http://wp.theaustraliannyc.com/
20 West 38th Street, between 5th & 6th Ave
@TheAustralianNY is their twitter address
Thank you HM -You'd have to be THE most reliable finder of info on Silvertails!

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Congrats hope you have a blast.

I'll be honest while I'm someone who is really sympathetic to LGBT community the whole gay marriage thing is a bit of a non event to me today. Because marriage like Xmas and Easter is just a commercial exercise now about pushing retail sales and helping businesses make money which isn't a bad thing. Traditional hetro marriage has lost significance now there isn't the whole moral based stigma of living in sin and the shagging out of wedlock bs.

Each to their own who am I or anyone else to tell someone how they should live their lives.

However what I don't understand is why the family lawyers are getting right behind the push for same sex marriage. Because when it does become legal their market for divorces is technically going to double
Thanks Cambo. Appreciate the good wishes.
The reality is I've never really wanted to get married but there's a few little rights that married people have that others don't - such as access to a partner in emergency, a say in what happens to them etc. While the piece of paper may not be legal here yet, it is, at the very least, a piece of paper which may get either of us through the door should the other one be in that emergency ward. I know it's not a problem for most fair minded people, but you don't want to run into the exception at the wrong time. So, in the end for me, it is primarily equal rights, not the whole palaver that goes with it!

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I am a troll now. Correct me if I am wrong-were you not barred from the forum? I look forward to your response fool
I'll give you some free advice sunshine. If you don't know the facts about an issue you are best to keep your mouth shut. Or risk looking like more of a twat than you seem to look most times when post you here.

Do what you want with that advice champion and have an amazing weekend

• 😆
The incredibly ironic sideshow to this whole marriage thing is that marriage is a construct of the Church/religion and was solely administered by the Church for a milenium. I think it was in the early 1800's that Governments decided to regulate marriage and so it was essentially taken from the Church.

No one wants a civil union, they want a marriage, but the simple fact is there is absolutely no difference other than a name. I think Cameron is right about large numbers of people turning their back on marriage and just being happy with defacto status.

Each to their own I guess, the reality is married, not married it just doesn't matter one way or the other.
I think making marriage a big formal in relative terms expensive event (as much as it annoys the out of me) helps in making people think twice before going through the hassle, it is too easy to get married now.

There may or may not be future tax abuse implications that i have not looked too into detail with that may arise but i might be wrong.

In the end as long as the ruling does not apply to churches all should be fine, but you never know what the next "bonding to feel apart of something entertainment mentality will think up as next on the agenda"

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am a troll now. Correct me if I am wrong-were you not barred from the forum? I look forward to your response fool
Calling other members dickhead and prick is tantamount to trolling, it's also a breach of ST terms of use which of course is enough to get one banned.

This thread has actually dealt with sensitive issues over many pages with only a smattering of personal abuse until now.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18