The squad takes shape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sione was voted the best player in the Blues 2019 Under 18s SOO team.

Both teams were full of talent with several players already starring in the NRL. At least 9 players from each squad have played NRL. There is no reason why Sione can't emulate them. He is said to have good ball playing skill and is very mobile for a front rower - see his try @ 2:09 & chase @ 3:07 in the highlights reel below

NSW Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights); Mitchell Black (Newcastle Knights), Oliver Clements (Central Coast Roosters), Sione Fainu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Matthew Feagai (Illawarra Steelers), Max Feagai (Illawarra Steelers), Siua Fotu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Noah Griffiths (Bathurst Panthers/Melbourne Storm), David Hollis (Parramatta Eels), Sam Hughes (Parramatta Eels), Trey Mooney (Parramatta Eels), Viliami Penisini (Parramatta Eels), Joshua Schuster (Manly), Tyrell Sloan (Illawarra Steelers), Jayden Sullivan (Illawarra Steelers), Jackson Topine (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Ben Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Alec Tuitavake (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Junior Tupou (Canberra Raiders), Kaeo Weekes (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles).

QLD Xavier Coates – Tweed Seagulls, Juwan Compain – Tweed Seagulls, Harrison Graham – Wynnum Manly Seagulls, Reece Hoffman – Wynnum Manly Seagulls, Jack Howarth – Easts Tigers, Joshua James – Norths Devils, Alofiana Khan-Pereira – Burleigh Bears, Trent Loiero – Sunshine Coast Falcons, Jack Martin – Ipswich Jets, Fanitesi Niu – Souths Logan Magpies, Brendan Piakura – Tweed Seagulls, Tristan Powell – Burleigh Bears, Jake Simpkin – Wynnum Manly Seagulls, Hamiso Tabuai–Fidow – Townsville Blackhawks, Carsil Vaikai – Tweed Seagulls, Sam Walker – Ipswich Jets, Reece Walsh – Tweed Seagulls, Toby Sexton – Tweed Seagulls

2019 SOO under 18's highlights

2019 SOO under 18's full replay (game starts @ 11:57)

No doubt he can and probably will play NRL but I'm yet to be convinced he is as special as some make him outbto be on here.

Yes OR Schuster to centre. Didn't really rate him as a backrower to be honest. He had a few good moments and tackled well but our team dynamic was way off last year with Jake, Walker and Schuster in the forwards. We are weak in the backs and have a wealth of forwards so for me Schuster to centre makes sense.
Without Schuster at 5/8 ,we will add nothing to where we were in 2021 .Hopefully after the preseason he is ready to guide this team with Evans to the GF .I don't think Foran has a lot more left in him than what he showed this year , but I can see plenty of plays that Schuster can unleash in 2022 .

Sandwich is a talented player and should not be pigeon-holed solely as a winger. I'm sure he could move into the centres, should wingers like Tippytoes and Koala play well in reserve grade at the start of the season.
Currently our two centres are solid defenders but I wouldn't describe either as 'runners'. I think there will need to be changes in our backline in 2022 if we are to improve against the better teams. The Shoe should be one of the changes, and it's good to know we have options in the outside backs.

Screenshot_20211018-090151~2.png
Screenshot_20211018-090200~2.png
Screenshot_20211018-090538.png
We are just waiting in the status of Dylan Walker now i believe?

Is it the year to take a punt and recruit experience in big dance's first and foremost?
Ie GF's or origins

I'm looking at those problem child's like BJ, Curtis Scott, Eddrick Lee and think if ever there is a time it's worth it. Is it now?

Is it the year to take a punt and recruit experience in big dance's first and foremost?
Ie GF's or origins

I'm looking at those problem child's like BJ, Curtis Scott, Eddrick Lee and think if ever there is a time it's worth it. Is it now?
It’s an interesting point isn’t it.

Whilst we are all in the “ give the role to a junior “ camp there was no doubt our less experienced players were either just worn out or overawed a bit in the finals.

I’ve been advocating for a hard nose forward and centre but I’m not sure I’d pick those particular ones.

Ie GF's or origins

I’d be happier with someone who contributed significantly to the win, not a mere passenger in the win.

Ie GF's or origins

Only one way to get experience and that is for the young bloke's to play big games,I think the whole team would be disappointed with the final series and do better next year

Premiership window is now. Keep the majority of the team together next few years and they will be there and there abouts a again.

Not much on offer experience wise without lots of baggage ATM.

Player managers will aggitate someone free that has more appeal if MAN have the coin left.

If we don't have the coin, I do see more up side in taking a punt on a troubled big game player, then a player who might not even make the step up. The worst case neither plays a game next year, best case the big dance experience is playing come crunch time.

fox site with a piece on 'young stars in the making set to dominate next season".

SEA EAGLES - Christian Tuipulotu

Christian Tuipulotu may have played just one game in 2021, but that was more due to the form of Jason Saab and Reuben Garrick than his own form.

The 20-year-old has scored one try in two games since his debut for the Roosters in 2020 and was signed to a monster four-year deal by the Sea Eagles from 2021 to 2024.

Tuipulotu is powerfully built and has the speed to make him an ideal winger in the modern game.

If injuries should strike in the outside backs at Manly next season expect Tuipulotu to get plenty of chances to show his wares.

fox site with a piece on 'young stars in the making set to dominate next season".

Christian Tuipulotu may have played just one game in 2021, but that was more due to the form of Jason Saab and Reuben Garrick than his own form.

The 20-year-old has scored one try in two games since his debut for the Roosters in 2020 and was signed to a monster four-year deal by the Sea Eagles from 2021 to 2024.

Tuipulotu is powerfully built and has the speed to make him an ideal winger in the modern game.

If injuries should strike in the outside backs at Manly next season expect Tuipulotu to get plenty of chances to show his wares.
I wonder what constitutes a "monster" deal? Does it means the length of term (four years) is monstrous, or the salary he is being paid?

I think lazy journalism, they just picked him without researching. He did ok in the few lower grade games but was on a par with Jorge and Funa. Good player, but not as much upside as a few other juniors in the 30. Koula, weekes, tuitavake, fainu etc

I think lazy journalism, they just picked him without researching. He did ok in the few lower grade games but was on a par with Jorge and Funa. Good player, but not as much upside as a few other juniors in the 30. Koula, weekes, tuitavake, fainu etc
I'm not so sure. The recruitment team can hardly be faulted over the last year or so, and for the club to have signed off on a 4 year contract means those whose opinion counts think he has something. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what it is! :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4