The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’ve read that he’s a master at coaching for attack, if that’s the case that was indeed on show last night.

I saw more in the first 20 minutes of that game than I saw in any other game last year ( well except maybe one , the Storm game I think ).

Our left side was absolutely on fire !!

And the edge forwards running onto balls and creating maximum havoc, wasn’t that bloody awsome.

I doubt we’ll hold on to him much longer than a year so I hope the group learn the maximum they can as I think he’s a pretty smart and modern coach.

Certainly looked a far smoother machine in both attack and defence (apart from that diabolical 5 minute patch they scored 3 tries)
The cohesion was better, the attack was deeper out wide giving far more options, support play was way better and there was willing players who were happy to put a dent in the defence, rather than slowing at the line trying to throw a desperate pass to players for the sake of it....far more direct with the bonus of a dummy half looking to shred the guts apart at every opportunity.
Picture this team with Turbo chiming in all around the park and we look pretty handy early.

Certainly looked a far smoother machine in both attack and defence (apart from that diabolical 5 minute patch they scored 3 tries)
The cohesion was better, the attack was deeper out wide giving far more options, support play was way better and there was willing players who were happy to put a dent in the defence, rather than slowing at the line trying to throw a desperate pass to players for the sake of it....far more direct with the bonus of a dummy half looking to shred the guts apart at every opportunity.
Picture this team with Turbo chiming in all around the park and we look pretty handy early.
Don’t forget , that 5 minute period came when we made a raft of changes and they put their big guns back on.

I don’t take much out of what happened really.

Don’t forget , that 5 minute period came when we made a raft of changes and they put their big guns back on.

I don’t take much out of what happened really.
I thought at that time Tedesco and others were off at that patch ?.... to put it in perspective, it was a sloppy 5 minute patch, where we constantly turned the ball over and got caught out on the back of that.
I do know we made a few changes that I felt made us look clunky when Fulton went to 9 ....Gordy at dummy half seemed to steer the ship so smoothly and that was a clear change of momentum

I thought at that time Tedesco and others were off at that patch ?.... to put it in perspective, it was a sloppy 5 minute patch, where we constantly turned the ball over and got caught out on the back of that.
I do know we made a few changes that I felt made us look clunky when Fulton went to 9 ....Gordy at dummy half seemed to steer the ship so smoothly and that was a clear change of momentum
They put on there starting forward pack including smith at hooker ,we had all our young guns on I agree sloppy but like Mark I don't read to much into it

I have some very high hopes for this team which includes the coaching staff. Love the subtle Des bashing after just 2 preseason games but hey fill ya boots.
For me I guess only a GF appearance will do to top the best football I've ever watched from 2021. 2022 was a low point sure but plenty of reasons for that. hopefully the new coaching team can go one better than old Des and make a GF this year.

I have some very high hopes for this team which includes the coaching staff. Love the subtle Des bashing after just 2 preseason games but hey fill ya boots.
For me I guess only a GF appearance will do to top the best football I've ever watched from 2021. 2022 was a low point sure but plenty of reasons for that. hopefully the new coaching team can go one better than old Des and make a GF this year.
We will go much better than des this year because des is not even coaching in the NRL .

They put on there starting forward pack including smith at hooker ,we had all our young guns on I agree sloppy but like Mark I don't read to much into it
I don't put much on it for a few reason, though I think Flanagan and Seibold will not be impressed and definitely speak about it at training.
I also think the reason behind it is more to do with Manly - than who they had on....as Roosters had them on earlier and couldn't score a point and their obviously best attacker Tedesco was on the bench...
The truth is, soon as Fulton went in at dummy half, the ruck flow broke down and we looked clunky and turned over easy ball and they gained momentum and cashed in, highlighting how important it is to control the game in the middle....that's how and why they scored a cluster of points.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2