The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Below is the Shane Flanagan Influence with Compliments from Tony Mestrov that allows him to be paid by Manly and rebuild the Dragons whilst the Manly club is struggling

NRL fox 21/7/23

Dragons roster clean-out begins with players told they can leave as Flanno targets revealed​

The Dragons rosters rebuild under incoming coach Shane Flanagan is starting to take shape with another two players told they’re free to leave the club.

Flanagan told foxsports.com.au he wants to “spark an attitude change” in Wollongong by signing up to five players ahead of the 2024 season.

That means space must be created in the St George Illawarra’s top 30 and several names are already on the chopping block.
Zane Musgrove and Jaiyden Hunt both have contracts for 2024 but have been given permission to leave early, while Moses Mbye’s contract won’t be extended when it expires at the end of the season.

Musgrove, 27, has played just six games this year after the front-rower was embroiled in the club’s infamous pre-season controversy in Mudgee.

The Dragons were thumped 42-24 by the Rabbitohs in the Charity Shield back in February, but players were allowed to go out afterwards as they had the bye in Round 1.

The players were well behaved out on the town but there was an issue when they returned to their accommodation after Musgrove and Mikaele Ravalawa stayed up drinking.

The pair ended up in a heated exchange at 6am and needed to be separated by teammates, with Ravalawa later admitting he was “too drunk to remember” the incident.
Hunt, 25, has played seven games this season and backrower has 14 NRL appearances to his name since debuting in 2021.

The Dragons are looking at signing Bulldogs front-rower Luke Thompson and Papua New Guinea hooker Edwin Ipape, who Flanagan coached at the World Cup.
Titans duo David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui are also in Flanagan’s sights after the pair became free agents with the sacking of coach Justin Holbrook.

The 2016 premiership-winning coach confirmed last week that he’s after a hooker, two middles and two outside backs.

“I’m looking at bringing four or five new players in there to freshen it up, give us a bit of life,” Flanagan told foxsports.com.au last week.

“The roster is not that bad to be honest but with where they are on the table, we need some new players in there to spark a bit of attitude change.
“I want to recruit some top-end players, whether I can do that this year I’m not quite sure.”

Flanagan rejected halfback Ben Hunt’s immediate release request last month and said he would sit down with the club captain after Origin.

Hunt captained St George Illawarra in their win over the Wests Tigers on Thursday night and is committed to the club for the rest of the season.

The 33-year-old is contracted until the end of 2025 and Flanagan is determined to ensure the club’s best player stays.

Tautau Moga and Billy Burns are off contract at the end of the season, while Michael Molo and Ravalawa have mutual and player options respectively for 2024.
Tyrell Sloan, Junior Amone, Jack de Belin, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Francis Molo, Jaydn Su’A, Mathew Feagai, Max Feagai and Zane Musgrove will all hit the open market on November 1.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
It is truly embarrassing now!! We have our assistant coach now openly working for his new club and is somehow still on our coaching staff.

He needs to be removed immediately!! Surely someone can come in and fill the breach for the remainder of the season.

This is such a bad look. There is no way Flanagan is focused on our cause. Cut him loose!!
It's an absolute farce.

Im glad the club got record numbers for members this year, because next year might be a different story. Me, like a lot on here are walking around shaking our heads thinking ,what is going on here, in total disbelief about what is going on around us. I dont know about anyone else but I'm struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Im glad the club got record numbers for members this year, because next year might be a different story. Me, like a lot on here are walking around shaking our heads thinking ,what is going on here, in total disbelief about what is going on around us. I dont know about anyone else but I'm struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel
Yep.I renewed this year in support of the Club seemingly trying to change direction but renewal next year? Can't really see why I would and it's because of such idiot things as keeping Flannagan around.

We have a rival coach from next year who has a front row seat to observe all our plans for 2024. Genius.

manly al

First Grader
Mentioned previously that probably does not make much difference with Flanagan's continuing presence now as he has already been part of the scene for many months now .
Still can not exclude a bit of awkwardness however in the whole matter and if he is the designated or main designated attacking coach , certainly a bit lacking there with Manly "s attacking shape for some time now
Shu is certainly not helping with some luck luster efforts at 6 but surely the side is capable of offering some improved attacking measures in general .
If it can be shown conclusively that he [ Flanagan ] is not performing his normal expected duties , of course no case for him to still be part of the coaching regime .
Probably quite a few other precedents , maybe even when Brad Arthur was leaving for the Eels from Manly .
Unless something quite dramatic can happen for Manly on the form front and with only 7 more regular season matches left , not quite a non issue with Flanagan staying till season 's end and can understand the uneasiness on him staying but again probably not such a big deal in the overall scheme of things .

Kalvin

Bencher
Yep.I renewed this year in support of the Club seemingly trying to change direction but renewal next year? Can't really see why I would and it's because of such idiot things as keeping Flannagan around.

We have a rival coach from next year who has a front row seat to observe all our plans for 2024. Genius.
Wait.... there's a plan for next year???

If everyone thinks it's ackward now, wait until we play dragons next week!

LeonardCohen

Bencher
A big part of the problem with the attack is fullback. Garrick is one of my favourite players at Manly and is all heart, but he is a winger. If you watch Brisbane and the Warriors, their halves go deep into the line and attract defenders, with the 1 out the back, who can link and find a pass. Tom can do this but Ruebs can’t. In fact, he isn’t even in position to try and do it, he simple isn’t in the frame on many occasions.

Schu will go to the line and play short or out the back but needs to run to keep defenders guessing. Then you’ve DCE’s style that is more ‘playing before the line’ and you can see why we are struggling for points. That’s before we even discuss the lack of effective ruck speed inside the opposition red zone.

double hoops

First Grader
One things for sure. Blake Green is not the assistant coach signing who is going to give hope for the year ahead.

Club need to be careful.

The Sea Eagles have a fair supporter base in Qld who will be paying members.

Expansion with the Dolphins, who in year 1 may yet finish higher than Man, plus a real Manly connection at the Gold Coast in 24. Those clubs will steal some members and dollars from the club. The only thing manly club can control right now via it's decisions is how many they lose.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A big part of the problem with the attack is fullback. Garrick is one of my favourite players at Manly and is all heart, but he is a winger. If you watch Brisbane and the Warriors, their halves go deep into the line and attract defenders, with the 1 out the back, who can link and find a pass. Tom can do this but Ruebs can’t. In fact, he isn’t even in position to try and do it, he simple isn’t in the frame on many occasions.

Schu will go to the line and play short or out the back but needs to run to keep defenders guessing. Then you’ve DCE’s style that is more ‘playing before the line’ and you can see why we are struggling for points. That’s before we even discuss the lack of effective ruck speed inside the opposition red zone.
I have said it before but i think Koula is well and truly our best bet from an attacking point of view at 1, Reubs to center
And we need something extra at 9

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

Our only hope is that Seibold really IS the smartest guy in the room ... and he has a plan ... but we are just too numb-nutted to see it yet ..

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Has anyone heard what the club is planning to do to honour Shane and the profound impact he has had on our club?

Will we name a stand after him?
Maybe rename Brookie after him completely?
Or do we just go the whole hog and rename ourselves the Shane Flanagan Sea Eagles?

I know I know what everyone will say… clearly we should do all 3…

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have said it before but i think Koula is well and truly our best bet from an attacking point of view at 1, Reubs to center
More likely Garrick is chosen there because it's such an important position for organising the defence. Need to not only be able to see where the holes are but be loud enough to tell everyone. Weekes also was a bit quiet at the back, probably just inexperience.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
When watching live at Brookvale oval last weekend from the LMS stand when koula played 1 we looked more potent in attack and he scrambled well in defence. I would koula at 1 for rest of season

LeonardCohen

Bencher
More likely Garrick is chosen there because it's such an important position for organising the defence. Need to not only be able to see where the holes are but be loud enough to tell everyone. Weekes also was a bit quiet at the back, probably just inexperience.
Yes and I think he is still the best option back there, in spite of my opinion that he does offer enough out the back of shape; it's only one shortcoming. He is safe under the high ball, well positioned, busy, gets a good quick play the ball and marshals the defence at the back.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Seriously what other club would allow this continual farce to occur. Every week there's articles about who Flannagan is signing for the Dragons. Fuk me dead we are a dead set circus of a club.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Flannagan talking about the Dragons AGAIN.

Just speaking to Ben he reminds me of when I had Paul Gallen, Luke Lewis and Michael Ennis at Cronulla,” Flanagan said, “he’s that experienced and has so much to offer a football club.”

As for Lomax, Flanagan could not be happier with his attitude.We revealed on these pages three weeks ago that Flanagan had offered him the opportunity to apply for permission to look elsewhere.

“Zac’s 100 per cent on board,” Flanagan said.

“All of our conversations have been 100 per cent positive and committed"

Flannagan talking about commitment to the cause is a bloody joke.

SHOW SOME BACKBONE ANTHONY NOBALLS AND FLICK THIS TOSSER!

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I don’t really care about Flanagan’s conflict of interest, because I know assistant coaches are mercenaries regardless of whether they have another gig or not.

However, I do find it interesting how brazen he is. You’d think he would pull these strings behind closed doors, knowing the perception…but no, he keeps talking to anyone who will listen. It’s strange. It reads almost like he cannot contain his excitement at getting another opportunity (probably didn’t think he ever would) and is over enthusiastic to the point it’s colouring his behaviour.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13