The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes I saw. It makes me feel more optimistic than I usually have been.
And lets hope Brett Stewart remains onboard as well. I think its a shame that Glenn Stewart isn't involved in the coaching ranks. Adam Reynolds thinks he has one of the smartest footy brains out there.
The Stewart Bros coaching Manly would be a dream come true.
I like the idea of the Stewart brothers a lot more than the Walker brothers.

Screenshot_20230613_142417_Samsung Internet.jpg

Such a powerful influence on the team. I hope he carries this form through to the Dragoons.

All the best Shane-o. It has been real.

I don’t believe the press. I doubt Flannagan rang Hunt it sounds like BS. He was always looking for a top job and Seibold said from day 1 he wouldn’t stand in his way. IMO it’s Just another media beat up.
I'm not sure how all the ST people that get all hot and bothered about these stories do it. There's so much BS floating around about so many things, it must drive some of us nuts. I'm all for getting the sh*ts and having my say when things actually happen but I do worry sometimes that a few folks are getting upset prematurely. But anyway ......

Good luck to you Flanno.

You were basically the coaches coach - at some stage Seibs needs to be his own man - so I see no problem with this. I like the idea of him remaining with us for the rest of the year.... it is no different to a player changing clubs in future. I seriously can't see why we would worry about him talking our 'stars'. If players chose a club on coach alone - then we can't stop them..... I would like to think we have a more compelling proposition than purely having Flanno as an assistant.

Pour the efforts in for the rest of the year, let him focus on immediate results and performance (maybe don't CC him on the FY24 strategy packs email etc!!!!) and hopefully walk out with head held high and a great end to the year with the mighty eagles.

The question will/should be about who replaces him

I just find it frustrating.

The bloke is running around interviewing for jobs, calling players and making promises, commentating on Fox, etc. I get he has every right to do it, but the team has been struggling and it would just be nice to know that the coaching staff are putting in 100% to get this team firing. The only time we hear about Flanagan is when his name comes up for another head coaches job. Or he’s trying to get his son a gig at Manly.

I’m just suss on his priorities. If his heart isn’t in it and he’s not fully committed to Manly, then he should go.
I think when he signed on that everyone knew he'd be jumping ship as soon as an opportunity became available, I say good luck to the guy, whatever he's done in the past is in the past, he's done his time. Manly was always going to be nothing more than a stepping stone to his next head coaching role

Good luck to you Flanno.

You were basically the coaches coach - at some stage Seibs needs to be his own man - so I see no problem with this. I like the idea of him remaining with us for the rest of the year.... it is no different to a player changing clubs in future. I seriously can't see why we would worry about him talking our 'stars'. If players chose a club on coach alone - then we can't stop them..... I would like to think we have a more compelling proposition than purely having Flanno as an assistant.

Pour the efforts in for the rest of the year, let him focus on immediate results and performance (maybe don't CC him on the FY24 strategy packs email etc!!!!) and hopefully walk out with head held high and a great end to the year with the mighty eagles.

The question will/should be about who replaces him
Laurie Daley, yes I know, before I get shot down, he cant because of his betting connections but like I said before Mason and Farrar are still working with their clubs even though they are connected with betting agents. and I reckon he would be good

Get rid of him.

His focus will be on his new role, his media crap, moving players on and around. I don't see it as just a coincidence two up and coming youth players went there, and we got a washed up hack.

Get prepared for more if this.

Last edited:
When you shut the door on the last day Flanno make sure there's another premiership behind you.
Will his head even be with us for the rest of the year? More like he spends his time planning and assessing his upcoming role, what will be more important to him, his last half the season with us or working on his head coaching role, getting a head start at our expense, quite literally, time to say thanks and move him on I‘d think.

Hasler won us a premiership with his mind on another club and Bennett did well with Saints in 2011 when he knew he was off the Newcastle the following year, and they were head coaches. This is an assistant coach. He’ll be fine to complete his duties this year.

It’s a real shame because he seems like a good assistant but we all knew this was going to happen. If only Ryles had taken the role 😡
Anyway as far as Flanno goes, no hard feelings, best of luck.

Hasler won us a premiership with his mind on another club and Bennett did well with Saints in 2011 when he knew he was off the Newcastle the following year, and they were head coaches. This is an assistant coach. He’ll be fine to complete his duties this year.

It’s a real shame because he seems like a good assistant but we all knew this was going to happen. If only Ryles had taken the role 😡
Anyway as far as Flanno goes, no hard feelings, best of luck.
I agree with the best of luck part, the big difference in the other 2 you mention, they had the head role and an important job to finish.
Flano on the other hand takes no responsibility, it falls on Seibs, the big difference being Flanno can apply his time to his up coming task, which I believe he will (I would) and therefore is of little benefit for us, secondly we may as well move someone in who will be vested in with us going forward, no distractions, our club, our future is no longer his priority.

I agree with the best of luck part, the big difference in the other 2 you mention, they had the head role and an important job to finish.
Flano on the other hand takes no responsibility, it falls on Seibs, the big difference being Flanno can apply his time to his up coming task, which I believe he will (I would) and therefore is of little benefit for us, secondly we may as well move someone in who will be vested in with us going forward, no distractions, our club, our future is no longer his priority.
I can see where you're coming from. I'm torn because I genuinely take your point. Regardless of whether he stays on or leaves early, I think there's been value in what having him along for the ride. Most assistant coaches are somewhat timid people pleasers, looking to make a good impression on their more experienced leader. Flanno is an old hard head and he would have been good sounding board for Seibs (something he didn't have at the Broncos). It's not often you get a premiership winning assistant coach sitting next to you.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8