The Repeat Set: Why Clint Gutherson should tell Manly to 'stick it'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
LEAGUE
  • 23/03/19
  • 5 Slides

Written By THE REPEAT SET

After an off-season that got crazier and crazier, the football has finally begun.

To help you through it all, The Repeat Set is back with another dose of the rugby league news you may have missed.

Why Clint Gutherson should tell Manly to ‘stick it’
    On April 27, 2015, a smiling Clint Gutherson appeared in a photo with his arms around the Trbojevic brothers after the three local juniors signed new deals to stay at Manly for a further two years.

King Gutho had the following to say: “I spoke to the brothers and they want to do the same thing as me. They want to keep the legacy built here and to keep going for the next 10 years.”

Five months later he was gone, released to join Parramatta.

Gutherson, out with a knee injury at the time, did not play a game between signing the upgrade and being punted.

In a bizarre press release, Manly explained their decision this way: “It became clear that Clinton would no longer receive the opportunity to further develop through consistent selection at NRL level with the Sea Eagles.”

At least they called him Clinton.

The Sea Eagles instead tipped money into extensions for Peta Hiku, Jorge Taufua and Brett Stewart.

How’s that working out for them?

From five-eighth to fullback, Gutherson could take his pick and walk into any position in the Sea Eagles line-up to meet the Roosters this round.

He’s off contract at the end of this season but one gets the impression he’d enjoy telling Manly to ‘stick it’ when they inevitably come knocking.

“I said when I first came over I didn’t expect to leave (Manly), but I am happy as over here at Parra,” Gutherson told The Repeat Set.

“I’ve been here four years now and I’ll let that sort itself out and keep playing footy.

“My manager will talk to me when he needs to.”
Spot on he should tell us to shove it what Bob the builder did to him and Buhrer was disgraceful and how has it turned out? Treat people like **** you get what you deserve and that's what we are getting at the moment. I have no problem not giving players a new contract but when under contract to threaten that they will be in reserve grade if they stay is shocking. Typical fulton though greatest player I have seen but a classless fool.

Every week Gutho has no idea where he will play ... from half to 5/8 to centre to fullback ....

The reason for this is that although he is a very good footballer ... he is not the best footballer in any given position ....

He is continually moved around to accomodate others .... possibly the world's best back up player ...

He would be our best winger,5/8 or centre take your pick.

Looking at next year

Taupau koroisau AFB
Waddell sironen
Jake

Chez Elgey
AITKEN GUTHO
Suli Garrick
Turbo

Paseka Tanga POMMY fainu

Saunders/ Deluis
Gosiewski
Sipley
Olokatau
Schuster
T rex (minimum wage)

Cust
Metcalfe
Croker

Elliott
Hoppa
Funa
Parker/ miski

Out
Perrett taufua hodko kioa Thompson walker

Thoughts???
I would be exceptionally surprised if Hoppa isn't a mainstay in the starting 13 next year.

Pretty sure Gutho has said he’s not keen on playing centre... wants the FB role.

Otherwise, it’s a nice balanced looking team.
Just one signing and we could get the following. Forget Aitken if we could land Gutho
1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Albert Hopoate/Moses Suli
3. Tom Trbojevic
4. Dylan Walker
5. Reuben Garrick
9. Manese Fainu
14. Apisai Koroisau

Now that's actually a bloody good backline. Garrick is a star. At the moment Tom is a great player at the back although he throws out the balance of our backline. Move him to the edge and place in a reliable fullback. Fullbacks lack purpose at the moment

Just one signing and we could get the following. Forget Aitken if we could land Gutho
1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Albert Hopoate/Moses Suli
3. Tom Trbojevic
4. Dylan Walker
5. Reuben Garrick
9. Manese Fainu
14. Apisai Koroisau

Now that's actually a bloody good backline. Garrick is a star. Tom is a great player at the back although he throws out the balance of our backline. Move him to the edge and place in a reliable fullback. Fullbacks lack purpose at the moment
Halves?

I reckon Kane Elgey will fit fine, so I vote Elgey and DCE. Just think it's hard to show his quality in just two games where it absolutely pissed down. He has created some spark on occasion and that rarely tried combo with chez will one day develop, dry games will only speed it up.

That is a brilliant looking backline H but the moment we start paying $900k for centres (Turbo) we’ll be back in cap trouble quick smart...

Turbo, whilst on the kind of money we are paying him, has to be FB.

In my opinion.
Yeah that is a good point.

If he could be anywhere near as effective as players like Latrell Mitchell, he could make the centre position rise in value. Fast, manouverable and could ball play.

Pretty sure Gutho has said he’s not keen on playing centre... wants the FB role.

Otherwise, it’s a nice balanced looking team.

We could tell him he will be starting fullback, use this premise to sign him, and then tell him he won't be fullback because that will be played by someone else.

This is exactly how BA and Parramatta pinched him from us in 2015.

Agree 100%. Problem being the Roosters probably pay Latrell $100k per year.

Turbo won’t want to take a pay cut either to play for centre money which probably ranges from $400-$700k as apposed to FB money which is up around the $1m mark.
How the Roosters aren't over the cap stuns me still

Good little piece on gutho featuring on the Sunday footy show. All the parra players saying he is a weirdo but an absolute machine in terms of fitness and that every team needs a gutho in it. His input off the ball is second to none

He would be our best winger,5/8 or centre take your pick.

At the moment ... yes he would ... but then again, if I could find my old gum shield, I would be our best centre ..... doesn't change my point that even at the wooden spooners he was contiually moved around to accomodate others ... very good player in many positions ... but rep level at none of them ...

My view is that he would be a great pick up .... but at utility player coin ... not club captain 5/8 coin ...

What a baby...fancy taking time out of your day to write this nothing article? Are we even interested in Gutho? Why is this on the agenda right now? Who said anything about Gutho and Manly? Bizarre piece indeed.

At the moment ... yes he would ... but then again, if I could find my old gum shield, I would be our best centre ..... doesn't change my point that even at the wooden spooners he was contiually moved around to accomodate others ... very good player in many positions ... but rep level at none of them ...

I would legit fly out from Canada oops I mean my secret lair, to see that! Also to teach you to spell continually and accommodate correctly. Sheesh, I mean even the spell check picks it up!

P.S. I hope the nicotine free life is going well.

What a baby...fancy taking time out of your day to write this nothing article? Are we even interested in Gutho? Why is this on the agenda right now? Who said anything about Gutho and Manly? Bizarre piece indeed.
Maybe he knows about an approach..

LEAGUE
  • 23/03/19
  • 5 Slides

Written By THE REPEAT SET

After an off-season that got crazier and crazier, the football has finally begun.

To help you through it all, The Repeat Set is back with another dose of the rugby league news you may have missed.

Why Clint Gutherson should tell Manly to ‘stick it’
    On April 27, 2015, a smiling Clint Gutherson appeared in a photo with his arms around the Trbojevic brothers after the three local juniors signed new deals to stay at Manly for a further two years.

King Gutho had the following to say: “I spoke to the brothers and they want to do the same thing as me. They want to keep the legacy built here and to keep going for the next 10 years.”

Five months later he was gone, released to join Parramatta.

Gutherson, out with a knee injury at the time, did not play a game between signing the upgrade and being punted.

In a bizarre press release, Manly explained their decision this way: “It became clear that Clinton would no longer receive the opportunity to further develop through consistent selection at NRL level with the Sea Eagles.”

At least they called him Clinton.

The Sea Eagles instead tipped money into extensions for Peta Hiku, Jorge Taufua and Brett Stewart.

How’s that working out for them?

From five-eighth to fullback, Gutherson could take his pick and walk into any position in the Sea Eagles line-up to meet the Roosters this round.

He’s off contract at the end of this season but one gets the impression he’d enjoy telling Manly to ‘stick it’ when they inevitably come knocking.

“I said when I first came over I didn’t expect to leave (Manly), but I am happy as over here at Parra,” Gutherson told The Repeat Set.

“I’ve been here four years now and I’ll let that sort itself out and keep playing footy.

“My manager will talk to me when he needs to.”
Yea hahaha he loves parra so much that he didn't take there offer
Bottom line is he will goto whoever pays him the most

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10