The rebuild 2020 and beyond

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So we have seen a much improved effort across the board in 2019 and we aren’t that far away from making a run at the top four in coming seasons if we can recruit well.

What do we need to get there?

In my opinion we desperately need two centres and a winger.

Assuming Thompson, Walker, Hodkinson all leave plus our salary cap penalty being lifted that leaves us with roughly $2mil to spend, not allowing for any other players of lesser note who may also be released.

I would be targeting:

Clint Gutherson
Euan Aitken/Kotoni Staggs
Luke Thompson

What do we do at hooker as well? Did Api end up getting re-signed last year because I remember they were going to then all that salary cap **** happened and I thought they put him and Siro on ice.

Anyway - I don't think Fainu and him will be happy sharing. You need one and a veteran back up, even Hodko on reduced coin. Someone for last 10/first 10 of first/second halves. Clubs are always in need of good hooking so a swap would be nice. Maybe send Api to Newcastle for Ramien haha

So we have seen a much improved effort across the board in 2019 and we aren’t that far away from making a run at the top four in coming seasons if we can recruit well.

What do we need to get there?

In my opinion we desperately need two centres and a winger.

Assuming Thompson, Walker, Hodkinson all leave plus our salary cap penalty being lifted that leaves us with roughly $2mil to spend, not allowing for any other players of lesser note who may also be released.

I would be targeting:

Clint Gutherson
Euan Aitken/Kotoni Staggs
Luke Thompson
So far our reported targets have been:
Luke Thompson ( alot of competition )
Jacob Liddle ( gone quiet? )
Wade Graham ( extended with sharks )
Kurt Capewell ( ???? )
Kotoni Staggs ( rejected offer )
Clint Gutherson ( close to signing?? )
Euian Aitken ( gone quiet? )

With the players above there doesn't seem like many if any will come to fruition as of late. I don't think we will be able to compete dollar wise for Thompson. I'm surprised Aiden Sezer hasn't been linked to us yet somehow. Capewell may be a good a signing?? Id like to see us sound out Scott, Faitala mariner, Leiluia and Rapana.

What do we do at hooker as well? Did Api end up getting re-signed last year because I remember they were going to then all that salary cap **** happened and I thought they put him and Siro on ice.

Anyway - I don't think Fainu and him will be happy sharing. You need one and a veteran back up, even Hodko on reduced coin. Someone for last 10/first 10 of first/second halves. Clubs are always in need of good hooking so a swap would be nice. Maybe send Api to Newcastle for Ramien haha
Yeah I reckon api will be shopped around with the possibility of Liddle coming in

I really like our squad, a Topline centre and we are pretty close to a top 4 team.

I’d be sending Api on his way if possible. Not sure about liddle, would rather get Parcell back from England to play a Cook type role or alternatively Robson from the Dragons.

Now let me see… so we have released Winterstein. Next to go should be:-Lachlan Croker, Brendan Elliot, Jack Gosiewski, Trent Hodkinson, Lloyd Perrett, Moses Suli, Kelepi Tanginoa, Jorge Taufua, Joel Thompson,

And we sign: The accountant from Roosters and then sign Latrell Mitchell, Tyson Frizell, Christian Welch, Waqa Blake, Jordan Rapana, the rest I think should sort itself :rock:

I do not understand this Clint love fest, I hope we do not try paying overs for him. I would rather that we target someone like Corey Oates or Jordan Rapana instead plus I do not think Clint is worth $750K.. no way.

Corey Oates and Gutherson. Then concentrate on resigning Fainu, Waddell, Schuster, Ben T. , Albert Hoppa, Anderson, Garrick, Gosiewski, Parker, Sipley, Sironen, Suli, Tanginoa, Taufua and Cust, who are all off contract

We may not be horribly served in offering walker a drastically reduced contract, there doesn’t seem to be much interest in him from other clubs.

Who is going to show interest in a player who could be de-registered in 6 weeks?

Its like saying nobody is showing any interest in signing De Belin.

Nobody (including Manly) will be doing anything regarding Walker until the court case is finalised.

Re-signed until the end of 2021.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/amp...deal-2021-re-signed/b1wph9os7p1v1sqfgi4d7gq32

We may not be horribly served in offering walker a drastically reduced contract, there doesn’t seem to be much interest in him from other clubs.
Great idea. Very smart thinking. That’s a good fallback option if Katoni Staggs falls through should we give Staggs an upgraded offer. Gutho will be a good signing for the fact alone that it will bring so much to our lacking backline and allow a foundation to quickly build off. If we get Gutho we could either try retain Walker for less or try sign someone like Staggs. Then the backline is nearly complete

If LG develops
I think we need some outside backs and some backrow depth.

I think our front row stocks are good.

I think the only certains in our back 5 are Jorge and Tom.

The blokes who could make it or are great back up are Elliott Garrick and Parker.

The jury is out on suli and walker. Suli for commitment and walker for value for money and excess baggage.

I love the improvement of Jorge and Parker this season

The two players I think we should be targeting assuming we lose Joel Thompson are Luke Thompson from Superleague and Manu Ma’u. With T-Rex and Simona promoted to the top squad

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4