The real problem with Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don’t know the root cause of the issues within the club, the team played better this week than last week and showed more commitment against a well coached team.

Des needs to review his style of defence now with the game dictated by speed.

Our attack was ordinary even when turbo was playing, his individual brilliance was the reason we got away with some games.

We need to play a more attractive style of footy to compete, the grind style just ain’t working.

The biggest problem is for me is that standards have slipped and by not insisting through team selection that the standards must be upheld, thru have slipped further.

Pride in personal performance is massive, you make a mistake, you make damn sure you make three tackles in a row or lead the linespeed or set yourself for a big run the next set.

There is just no application, urgency, pride or desire to compete.

It’s sad.

Cherry isn’t the biggest problem, but his shortcomings are amplified in a poor functioning team.

The issue is we have too many players cruising and no leadership and lack of skills and strike in the vast majority of our squad. No one who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take the team with them.

And we have been getting worse, so what exactly are we being coached or working on at training. We look like blokes who were thrown together in the Carpark 1/2 before kickoff

Not trying to be argumentative here guys, but my honest opinion, is our clubs starting 1, 6 & 9 have been out pretty well all season (and our best centre now). When they were in at the start, we were one of the top teams (and would have been top 2 if some blunders in the video box ALA Parramatta at the time).

Also,we have players returning, or playing through injury.

People forget:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

with Brendan Elliott, Tevita Funa, Corey Waddell, Jack Gosi etc to step up if required.

I think this is a patience year guys. That's all. Damn those injuries to hell...but let's get em out of our system to have a healthy season next season.
That backline still looks slow to me.
Just sayin’

DCE can create mate, he is the only decent player out there FFS. Have a look at the back line and hog Siro, and the service he gets from hooker.
DCE could come up with 4 try assists and you would still say it's not good enough. Put DCE in a Penrith side and he would kill it. Give the DCE bashing a rest. He needs a better half partner, a hooker, some outside backs, back rowers that can pass, Turbo etc etc. If they were all playing and he could not come up with consistent footy, I will agree with you.

Put any other half in Manly current side the way they keep making stupid errors and you reckon it would make any difference?
So a whole team lol to be fair he is the big part of the reason why we cant get these types of blokes your talking about. He is paid to make the players around him better. He is paid to carry the team

View attachment 15292this guy is our problem..

Lost on the last
No repeat sets
No linebreaks
No linebreak assists
No trys
No try assists
No combinations whatsoever with anyone
Can't read the game bombed many opportunities with poor options
Perfect kick to Munster leading to an instant try.
Your a drop kick. Every week same dribble.

we're just too slow with the set restarts shaping the game nowadays. AFB and Taupau are both quality props of a mould which the game has passed by. Look at Storm's forwards: Cheese, Bromwich, Bromwich, Welch, Tino, Kaufusi, Finucane, NAS. They all have agility and/or penetration and mostly both. AFB and Taupau are big bodies but they don't get quick play the balls etc.

I'd say half current side are pretty avg ATM. DCE ain't the main problem. Having a few has been players to go with injuries is the problem.
Ok fair call.. im not calling out dce for today's performance whatsoever but we had these players beginning of the season and yes we won a few but he wasn't playing very well at the time either. And people were still saying its because of this because of that...

So a whole team lol to be fair he is the big part of the reason why we cant get these types of blokes your talking about. He is paid to make the players around him better. He is paid to carry the team
No one is paid to carry a team.what a load of crap. Every player needs to be accountable, not carried by the half back, and that is the way they are playing. That's how you and Biff think, DCE needs to carry the side every week. Absolute rubbish. Every player needs to step up, including DCE. Plus the key injuries, we have not had adequate replacement. I wish DCE wasn't paid so much, but cannot change that. We can compete very well at full strength, but only when we play as a team and not make silly errors and missed tackles. We play well in patches then drop off

Ok fair call.. im not calling out dce for today's performance whatsoever but we had these players beginning of the season and yes we won a few but he wasn't playing very well at the time either. And people were still saying its because of this because of that...
Agree 100%. He was avg at the start, but is far from the problem lately. Have not recovered from losing Tom and Walker, a few players are carrying injuries such as Siro, AFB and Suli and then the rest are just not good enough such as Tafua, Levi, Crocker etc

Don’t know the root cause of the issues within the club, the team played better this week than last week and showed more commitment against a well coached team.

Des needs to review his style of defence now with the game dictated by speed.

Our attack was ordinary even when turbo was playing, his individual brilliance was the reason we got away with some games.

We need to play a more attractive style of footy to compete, the grind style just ain’t working.
Agree defence. We cannot compete with a jamming defence against fast backlines. We are too slow. We don't slide laterally well.

No one is paid to carry a team.what a load of crap. Every player needs to be accountable, not carried by the half back, and that is the way they are playing. That's how you and Biff think, DCE needs to carry the side every week. Absolute rubbish. Every player needs to step up, including DCE. Plus the key injuries, we have not had adequate replacement. I wish DCE wasn't paid so much, but cannot change that. We can compete very well at full strength, but only when we play as a team and not make silly errors and missed tackles. We play well in patches then drop off
Every player does need to Be held accountable. Your right. But dce is the only person who escapes it from people on here. People like you make every excuse under the sun as to eby he shouldn't be accountable for results. Halfbacks wear losses, wear the performance of thr team, and are paid to lead the team in sense, especially the captain. So anything else is rubbish.Your best players indeed carry teams, carry teams to victory, carry players not as talented. Otherwise they'd be payed the same as everyone else. Again, I'm not bashing dce for his performanve, I think he is a decent player, it was actually your post that triggered thr response. Because its always everyone else's fault in your eyes

DCE can create mate, he is the only decent player out there FFS. Have a look at the back line and hog Siro, and the service he gets from hooker.
DCE could come up with 4 try assists and you would still say it's not good enough. Put DCE in a Penrith side and he would kill it. Give the DCE bashing a rest. He needs a better half partner, a hooker, some outside backs, back rowers that can pass, Turbo etc etc. If they were all playing and he could not come up with consistent footy, I will agree with you.

Put any other half in Manly current side the way they keep making stupid errors and you reckon it would make any difference?
Take DCE out of this year's team we are dead last.

Every player does need to Be held accountable. Your right. But dce is the only person who escapes it from people on here. People like you make every excuse under the sun as to eby he shouldn't be accountable for results. Halfbacks wear losses, wear the performance of thr team, and are paid to lead the team in sense, especially the captain. So anything else is rubbish.Your best players indeed carry teams, carry teams to victory, carry players not as talented. Otherwise they'd be payed the same as everyone else. Again, I'm not bashing dce for his performanve, I think he is a decent player, it was actually your post that triggered thr response. Because its always everyone else's fault in your eyes
this is utter bs. I see no one else cop it more than DCE. He's been by far our best player this season. Maybe he isn't worth the most expensive contract in the league, but he's genuinely not far off.

this is utter bs. I see no one else cop it more than DCE. He's been by far our best player this season. Maybe he isn't worth the most expensive contract in the league, but he's genuinely not far off.
Agree to disagree according to Simon its only biff and myself.. and he probably isn't far from right. I feel like there's only a few. More than anyone else? Croker, levi, paseka, garrick, parker, suli, cust, walker? Not so sure.. these players are

Cam Smith carried the Storm today... the rest of the team was sh1t.

DCE escapes criticism? FMD...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8