The raiders game and how to win.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
To win this, and we can easily, we need a solid week of training our forwards to run forward with conviction and MENACE. Forget about the crabbing sideways runs and the offloads, just tuck the ball under the arm and run over the Canberra forwards, especially targetting Tongue.  In their twenty metre zone Kite needs to stand back and run onto the ball.  Take Choc aside and remind him of what discipline means and tell Matai to stay in the line. we have better players across the park and they need to settle down and be PATIENT. 

great plan, run at the only uy they have that doesnt miss tackles.

Whats next, deliberately passing the ball to them so we can tackle them more, as we all know you are so fixated with defence.

Get a grip

DMS5 - Do you think that at training Des says to run without conviction, that they are asked to crab sideways and just toss the ball back on the ground.

Does Kite normally say to Watmough - go and give a few penalties away - it will test our character!!!

We need to play to the match plan with intensity. At times last night we were good - but we didn't finish off. Posts like this make it all appear simplistic but it is a heck of a lot harder on the paddock.

Good points above, no one here would no any better that any coaches in the nrl so i'm sure we wont see any posts saying things to that extent from now on.

Thanks for the advice guys.  I'll just stick to bagging in future.  I really don't know what Des says to the guys at training, but they haven't show that menace that other teams have displayed lately.  Soft  is how I'd describe it.  Seriously, the games pretty simple.  Make the yards first before the tricky play and then make your tackles.  We were'nt last night and there you go.  I really didn't see the 'game plan' last night from where I stood, and on replay, but maybe someone here can tell me about it.   

We only looked dangerous when we had several players in motion running at the line.  But they're all running on the diagonal and Orford is slecting which one to hit. 

Why isn't there someone straightening it up or even coming the other way????  We used to be able to do a scissor in primary school rugby fer pete's sake.

When was the last time we saw a ball get turned back to the inside as well?  It's always shovel it out wider and wider and wider and hope the opposition run out of numbers or tackle the guy that doesn't get the ball. 

And as the game wears on we get more and more frustrated and more and more desperate unless the opposition runs out of juice (the Cowboys did, the Dragons didn't). 

The way to win: Tell Matai we are playing the Warriors in New Zealand, and that the rest of the team will meet him down there.

No doubt Tongue will be giving Beaver a good tongue lashing this week. 

It beats me why we don't have a lot mroe backline moves similar to when Williams scored his first try on Friday night. 

It was anice change to the Ox passing to Stewart behind the decoy runners backline play which they usually put on week after week. 

tookey link said:

It beats me why we don't have a lot mroe backline moves similar to when Williams scored his first try on Friday night. 

It was anice change to the Ox passing to Stewart behind the decoy runners backline play which they usually put on week after week. 

wasn't it the same play? stewy got teh ball rand to the sideline and flicked it inside to Williams. Also tried a dummy flick later in the game which failed.

DVS Matt link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=177557.msg185382#msg185382 date=1211764975]

wasn't it the same play? stewy got teh ball rand to the sideline and flicked it inside to Williams. Also tried a dummy flick later in the game which failed.
[/quote]

And for a minute there I thought that we actually had two bacline plays.  But yes you are right we only have one. 

Makes it pretty easy for the opposition to defend against. 

I like Williamson and all but please stop using him as a hole runner. Three or four times Orford threw a nice flat pass hitting Williamson on the chest and he was in the fetal position before he hit the defence, we have plenty of guys who can break the line, Williamson isn't one of them though.

Simply need to hold the ball, especially in the play the ball area. Ox is going OK. Yeah he makes mistakes. But he handles the ball plenty of times during the game so he's bound to make mistakes and besides he's no Monas ;)

Canberra are not easy at home, I am thinking of not tippig us in this one.  Thankfully if we lose I will be so sh!tfaced I wont know whats going on as I have a long lunch on that day!!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6