The race for the top 8.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate the loss v Parra first up and Turbo going down was it for me. Man that was a depressing night.
100% agree, so many lowlights this season. I can't remember a time when we have actually been at full strength in the forwards. Ailoi was a huge loss on Friday night on top of Keppie and Boyle, then only got a short cameo from Paseka, another injury I guess. Which left just Sipley and Marty....and you know the rest !!

Just looked at the ladder.
If Manly didn't have 7 players withdraw over the jersey we could be level with Chooks on 22 points!
Added to that, if Lawton wasn't sent off in the 1st 10 minutes we could be level with Souths on 24 points!!
And added to that, if the ref didn't hate Manly so much back in Round 11 we could be level with the Eels on 26 points!!!
And added to that, if the game against the Cows was .... Aagghh!

It seems this season wasn't meant to be for Manly.

1659914412467.png

If Manly didn't have 7 players withdraw over the jersey we could be level with Chooks on 22 points!
Added to that, if Lawton wasn't sent off in the 1st 10 minutes we could be level with Souths on 24 points!!
And added to that, if the ref didn't hate Manly so much back in Round 11 we could be level with the Eels on 26 points!!!

View attachment 21895
Totally disagree

I will tell why

Our Seasons finals journey is based on our whole Seasons performance and not just one game

Even if we won that game that our team was divided by our clubs marketing mess

We would still have been out of the eight

The crux of the matter is that we struggled to win games against top 8 teams all year

and this is why we have not earned our place in the top 8

The Penrith Panthers have over come adversity and beaten the raiders without their Star halfback Cleary and 5/8 Luai and also their Star second rower Kikau

The moral of the story
EXCUSES ARE LIKE LOSES
EVERY MEDIOCRE TEAM HAS THEM ACCEPT FOR CHAMPION TEAMS

Totally disagree

I will tell why

Our Seasons finals journey is based on our whole Seasons performance and not just one game

Even if we won that game that our team was divided by our clubs marketing mess

We would still have been out of the eight

The crux of the matter is that we struggled to win games against top 8 teams all year

and this is why we have not earned our place in the top 8
Wasn't just the one game Bozo, robbed by Cumstains in the first Parra game and some dubious ref's decisions in the Cowboys game to keep it an exciting finish. But clocking of with 10 to go was unforgivable though.

We have been inconsistent and have played like a mid table side for the majority of the season. Tired of excuses the coaching and on field leadership have been unsatisfactory.

We have been inconsistent and have played like a mid table side for the majority of the season. Tired of excuses the coaching and on field leadership have been unsatisfactory.

100% Correct ..... No Excuses !!!

2022 was a Season defining under achievement and all are accountable

We had 20 rounds to round up momentum of resilience and prevail

but each time we came up against a top 8 competitor all we did was fail

I have been a proud Manly supporter as a very young kid in the 70s and have been inspired by our many Decades of Dominance and my Legendary Manly winning teams has taught me what great Manly wins are all about !!!

Nothing inspiring about a Manly team that can not beat a top 8 team and not make the top 8

Let us not talk about excuses .

Lets not go there .

Lets have some back bone , character and Leadership and refuse to shrug off our responsibility for our own lackluster perfomance year

1660001172759.png

Wasn't just the one game Bozo, robbed by Cumstains in the first Parra game and some dubious ref's decisions in the Cowboys game to keep it an exciting finish. But clocking of with 10 to go was unforgivable though.
We are responsible for our position , all teams get bad calls ( ie Tigers worst ever) for me the 2 games we lost when they score tries per minute to run us down is not acceptable , ref or no ref,
that's our fault and 4 points.
Then don't start on the office F up with the jersey , the club in the whole has to be better along with players , office , etc etc.
Even if we scrape into the 8 we are only cannon fodder for the other teams , next year i hope.

We are responsible for our position , all teams get bad calls ( ie Tigers worst ever) for me the 2 games we lost when they score tries per minute to run us down is not acceptable , ref or no ref,
that's our fault and 4 points.
Then don't start on the office F up with the jersey , the club in the whole has to be better along with players , office , etc etc.
Even if we scrape into the 8 we are only cannon fodder for the other teams , next year i hope.
Agree with most of your assessment Pete, but gota say we were royally robbed by Cummins and the clueless bunker crew in the 1st Parra game. The rest, sure, probably our own doing.

View attachment 21895
In reality we are 6pts behind, even if we draw level with the chooks our for and against (115 to the good) is so bad compared to the chooks it's like they've got an extra win on us.

With the roosters and souths getting up and now Brisbane looking like also winning are we completely finished ? Is there any hope even if we win all
Four I can’t see us making it.

With the roosters and souths getting up and now Brisbane looking like also winning are we completely finished ? Is there any hope even if we win all
Looking at the ladder predictor... the Roosters and eels look the most vulnerable of the bottom teams.... they could potentially both lose 2 out of the remaining 3....

Meaning we would need to win all 4 and hope our for and against gets the job done!

Not completely, yet. Looking at the draw, the Broncs and Eels look the most vulnerable but we have to win all four. As I said elsewhere, the fat lady hasn't sung...there's still a glimmer of hope. A big win tomorrow is imperative!

Nope. Unlikely and undeserved. We put in some Shockers this year. Games that immediately come to mind include the Sharks and the Broncos.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6