The Question - where will Manly finish in 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well if turbo has done his hammy like some are saying on here we are in for another tough season.

just don’t feel confident at all about 2021, even before this news!!

Last edited:
Just remember 2 great halfbacks got turned into great # 9s at the backend of their career. Des and Tooves. Foran will be #9 rotated with Croker.

1.Turbo
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walker
7. DCE
8. Aloai
9. Foran
10. Taupau
11. Sirronen
12. Gosiewski
13. Jake T.

14. Croker
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Olakuatu.

18. Schuster
19. Cust
20. Davey
21. Boyle
No major season ending injuries we'll finish 5th.
Schuster has to surely be in the 17 Mick.

We’ll improve on 13th but I’m not sure how much with the two big questions being,

Turbo , how long will he last and more importantly when he goes down who replaces him.

And , ah yes of course , Hooker. How will TNI go, and will we get Fainu back?

Maybe 8-9th but if the majority stay fit could be a little higher.

Thoughts of top 4 are just a tad optimistic in my view but stranger things have happened.

Agree with most we will improve on last year and i think 9 or 8 , if we have another injury hit year maybe only 11 , as we do have more depth this year .
But fingers crossed we get to 4 or 5 ??

Definitely top 8
Key players playing majority of the year and semis then premiership is a possibility. We have the Australian half, the best player in the game (Turbo) a monster forward pack with plenty of depth, we have lighting quick backs, we have threats under the high ball we have X factor with the likes of Suli, Walker and Schuster etc and we have game management and the most experienced half combo in the comp with Foran/Chez. What's not to like? I'm not buying this whole #9 weakness. We have that much attack, speed and X factor that our #9 just needs to tackle and give early ball. We will be fine!!!

Should be top 8 and even able to press for the vital top four , only concern is that the forward pack from last season [ and most who will go around again this year [and were relatively intact last season ] were often outplayed and just the leaking of so many points from the whole team on a regular basis , such a down side . So no doubt every reason to feel reasonably confident this season with the talent and potential on offer and with a better run with injuries but will have to have serious improvement in defence in particular and some better attacking options to really be able to be a serious contender again . Error rate was often on the higher scale last season also , so will have to address that to maximize their chances .

Definitely top 8
Key players playing majority of the year and semis then premiership is a possibility. We have the Australian half, the best player in the game (Turbo) a monster forward pack with plenty of depth, we have lighting quick backs, we have threats under the high ball we have X factor with the likes of Suli, Walker and Schuster etc and we have game management and the most experienced half combo in the comp with Foran/Chez. What's not to like? I'm not buying this whole #9 weakness. We have that much attack, speed and X factor that our #9 just needs to tackle and give early ball. We will be fine!!!

I think all they can do with Croker is keep it as simple as anything , tackle your heart out in defence , crisp passes from dummy half and don’t try anything stupid as you aren’t Cameron Smith !!

Historical records show that the Sea Eagles had a cr#p 2020 season. However, there is renewed hope for 2021 with injured stars returning & astute new signings. For perspective, compare the 17 that competed in the 2019 final v. Souths with a possible starting 17 for 2021. Based on this, 2021 should be a much better year than 2020. Of course, the 2019 side had two of the best hookers in the comp. To compensate for this lack, we will have superior playmakers & strike players in 2021.

2019 2nd Week Finals Team
  1. Brendan Elliot
  2. Jorge Taufua
  3. Brad Parker
  4. Moses Suli
  5. Reuben Garrick
  6. Dylan Walker
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
  8. Addin Fonua-Blake
  9. Apisai Koroisau
  10. Martin Taupau
  11. Corey Waddell
  12. Jack Gosiewski
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Manase Fainu
  15. Haumole Olakau'atu
  16. Sean Keppie
  17. Lloyd Perrett
Possible 2021 Team
  1. Tom Trbojevic
  2. Jason Saab
  3. Dylan Walker
  4. Moses Suli
  5. Reuben Garrick
  6. Kieran Foran
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
  8. Taniela Paseka
  9. Cade Cust
  10. Martin Taupau
  11. Andrew Davey
  12. Curtis Sironen
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Josh Schuster
  15. Haumole Olakau'atu
  16. Sean Keppie
  17. Josh Aloiai

Again it all depends on injuries..
I think we can get by without a standout 9 if the rest stay healthy..

I love the idea of dce and foran combining again..

The only time the dogs have looked dangerous in recent years was when foz had to single handedly drag the team to a win... IF he stays on the park, were automatically a far more dangerous side than in 2020...

All fit, were a top 4-6 team...

Lose turbo dce or foz and were a 10-8 team

Last edited:
I think all they can do with Croker is keep it as simple as anything , tackle your heart out in defence , crisp passes from dummy half and don’t try anything stupid as you aren’t Cameron Smith !!
Exactly. He gets it wrong trying to go for a big play. We don't need that from him. Learn Ballin style of play and he will do exactly what is required from him

Exactly. He gets it wrong trying to go for a big play. We don't need that from him. Learn Ballin style of play and he will do exactly what is required from him

I seriously can't see Croker playing this role i.e. Balin style of play effectively.
I would love to be proven wrong BUT with Croker as the nine we don't make the eight. We finish 12th/13th at best.
If we take Croker out of the equation (18th man at best barring injuries), we get creative around the nine, (rotate through Cust & Foran, plus we back our young players (Schuster, Saab, Tupilota, Turbo) as well, we finish 4th/5th.
Unfortunately, this won't happen......

If injuries don't play rip apart our top players, i think top 4 isn't out of the realm.
But i have to say 5th or 6th to be conservative.
Really looking forward to this year.
Some good new sigings and the team looking super fit. Bring on 2021.
We might make alot of noise!!

I just realised - the premiership drought Manly is currently in is already the second longest premiership drought we've endured since breaking through for our first win way back in 1972.
No wonder I've been getting impatient.
So get moving boys, we need to finish top 4.

Can they do it? I'm undecided, I think probably 4th, 5th or 6th. Aw hell, I will say 4th :)

I just realised - the premiership drought Manly is currently in is already the second longest premiership drought we've endured since breaking through for our first win way back in 1972.
No wonder I've been getting impatient.
So get moving boys, we need to finish top 4.

Can they do it? I'm undecided, I think probably 4th, 5th or 6th. Aw hell, I will say 4th :)

You always are optimistic aren’t you !!!!

Hope you are correct.

If foran and turbo play 20 games we are top 6
If they are injured for extended we are 10- 12 th

If the season is cut short due to covid and the turbinator plays plenty and foz we could do better

But des is angry

Never wish a player injury but id like to see a few games that didnt feature DCE to see what we miss

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4