The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The first to go must be Croker...has a contract for 2021 but should see out his time at Blacktown. At least he'll be playing against guys that are more his standard.

Levi is gone and you can't really argue. He tried hard but you don't get to choose your natural skill set and Danny is just not quite there.

I'd add Jorge to the purge list. The game has moved past him as much as I like the guy.

I know many rate Jetski but I think he's expendable. I think Guac offers more.

Hopefully the swap with Garrick for Saab happens. He's struggled this year but I have to admit he hasn't exactly been helped by our style and his inside men. His goal kicking has been pretty disappointing too.

I think Parker is going to be depth in 2021 behind Suli and Walker.
Are you saying the Garrick thing isn't confirmed yet??. OMG I am so depressed. I honestly will be sick next year if I see that chopper kicking goals again, and he has become so ineffective in attack and defence I want to call him UATE. He has fallen that badly.

Please get him out of Manly.

NYEagle

By the way, sorry for the late post but I wanted the game late without knowing the score.

What a disgrace, and what gets me if that I actually hate it when the commentators call this team "Manly".
I honestly don't want this bunch of men as a collective because called "Manly". Manly never gave up 35 points a game over 9 weeks in their history.
Can we just call them the muppets or something?.

Anyway, Des and the coaching team have an almighty task trying to piece together a competitive squad next year for round 1. Gee I hope they can do it. To be brutally honest by the end of this season Manly became as poor as the Bulldogs and Brisbane - completely left behind by the rule changes. These are traditionally three teams that play the game pretty tough, and they have had their backs broken. Rubgy league is nowhere near as tough now - it is all about how tall the players are, and how fast.

NYEagle

Are you saying the Garrick thing isn't confirmed yet??. OMG I am so depressed. I honestly will be sick next year if I see that chopper kicking goals again, and he has become so ineffective in attack and defence I want to call him UATE. He has fallen that badly.

NYEagle
His defence is appalling, id even say that it's far worse than Taufua's. Taufua's main problem in defence is having no speed, hence having to rush up and in to cut down the play. Meanwhile Garrick shows speed in attack every 6 or so games, yet in defence he is either caught infield, rushes up/in at the wrong time or freezes and takes the opposition's bait during attacking raids down his edge, stuffing up our shifting defence and causing him to get beat constantly. One on one tackling is poor as well (a lot of arms). He's had enough chances to fix it now. We heard it was one of his biggest problems when he arrived but it has been exposed badly without trbo saving him and with our team's confidence shot.

The first to go must be Croker...has a contract for 2021 but should see out his time at Blacktown. At least he'll be playing against guys that are more his standard.

Levi is gone and you can't really argue. He tried hard but you don't get to choose your natural skill set and Danny is just not quite there.

I'd add Jorge to the purge list. The game has moved past him as much as I like the guy.

I know many rate Jetski but I think he's expendable. I think Guac offers more.

Hopefully the swap with Garrick for Saab happens. He's struggled this year but I have to admit he hasn't exactly been helped by our style and his inside men. His goal kicking has been pretty disappointing too.

I think Parker is going to be depth in 2021 behind Suli and Walker.
On Fox Blocker was quoted as saying Levi is off contract and would be a great pick up
I cant believe he said that .
Thats perception for you

NYEagle
Just saw the highlights and oh my god he is woeful, cant kick, catch or defend. Has he got involved with drugs in the offseason because that stupid hair cut he has speaks volumes, I think the fact he got a 2 year contract has gone to his head, he looks like an ass clown and plays like one now too.

He got a nasty injury so it may take a long time to get back to first grade. Other players (Funa, Hoppa or Saab? Miski?) will get first shot on the wings so will have the chance to nail down a spot - if they are good enough.

Those wishing or hoping for the demise of Jorge are going to be sadly disappointed.

he is the No 1 winger in the Club.
Yep he won’t be going anywhere. The only reason Garrick will go is if the Dragons want him back but with his performances this season I can’t see why they would?!?!

Yep he won’t be going anywhere. The only reason Garrick will go is if the Dragons want him back but with his performances this season I can’t see why they would?!?!
So stuck with two **** wingers for another two years , wow isn’t that something to look forward to!!

Got to be honest he looked like he was in conservation mode today, a couple of tries out his way where he didn't even look interested in tackling.

Today, his whole game is basd on conservation
In the last few weeks he has been hit hard and clearly shows dissent every time, lashing out or playing the ball slower than tafua, shaking his head and muttering

His reluctance to take the ball to the line ever. The reason why his try assists come from cross field running is all about preservation

His defence is praised but there is never a shoulder in it, its very alfie langer like

When tom was playing and winning us games he went missing big time. Pulled his head in and played 3rd fiddle, so when tom when down we had to reinvent our playing style.

So stuck with two **** wingers for another two years , wow isn’t that something to look forward to!!

There will be no mass purge @Mark from Brisbane I am sorry to inform you.

30 man squad needs to be cut to 28 for next year.

So from our current 30

-4 = Waddell, AFB, Boyle and Thompson.

+1 = Foran.

That leaves us with 27.

In that 27 we can safely assume Danny Levi, Luke Metcalf and Tony Williams will all go. Plus maybe Albert Hopoate and Brendon Elliott.

So we have (minimum) 4 to (max) 6 vacant spots, of which 2 will be taken by Schuster and Ben Turbo.

So maybe we are getting 2, 3 or 4 new players. Of which one must be a hooker and a goal kicker.

There is of course the now unlikely Garrick trade.

Have I missed anything?

So from our current 30

+1 = Foran.

That leaves us with 27.

In that 27 we can safely assume Danny Levi, Luke Metcalf and Tony Williams will all go. Plus maybe Albert Hopoate and Brendon Elliott.

So we have (minimum) 4 to (max) 6 vacant spots, of which 2 will be taken by Schuster and Ben Turbo.

So maybe we are getting 2, 3 or 4 new players. Of which one must be a hooker and a goal kicker.

Have I missed anything?
Squads still at 30 next year mate. All players will be taking a ten percent cut of pay

So from our current 30

+1 = Foran.

That leaves us with 27.

Have I missed anything?
Still 30 for 2021

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4