The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Suli will be on the sidelines for a while so centres could be out of Walker, Parker, Harper, Funa and Hopoate... probably Walker and Funa but not sure

Des if the purge is serious croker has to go.
Croker, like a few others that a "purge" would move on, is under contract for next year and paying them out to leave achieves nothing...they still take up a top 30 spot (because of their contracted cost)and their salary comes off our cap. We have 3 or 4 contracted that really should be moved on but I doubt there are buyers for them.
Purge who you can, keep who you can't sell. No choice.

For me, renewing Cust was PROBABLY the worst money we spent this year, he ain't sellable.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Albert Hopoate
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Moses Suli
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Sean Keppie
16. Huamole Olaka
17. Jack Gosiewski

Without a solitary signing (which is unrealistic) seems pretty darned strong, considering I've left out:

18. Brad Parker
19. Lachlan Croker
20. Tevita Funa

Reuben f#$king Carrot. The epitome of 2nd year syndrome self-sabotage. I was hopeful with the reported Saab swap (fully knowing the risk in Saab with attitude and performance), but now looking questionable. Argghhhh! I hope Reuben rises to the challenge next season if he stays because he's been a huge disappointment in 2020. FFS, even if he couldn't keep his winger form he could have at least held it together and contributed through his goal kicking.... NOPE. Big fat dud. Zilch. Zero. Get your centre of gravity down low and sort out your goal kicking, dude

Croker, like a few others that a "purge" would move on, is under contract for next year and paying them out to leave achieves nothing...they still take up a top 30 spot (because of their contracted cost)and their salary comes off our cap. We have 3 or 4 contracted that really should be moved on but I doubt there are buyers for them.
Purge who you can, keep who you can't sell. No choice.

For me, renewing Cust was PROBABLY the worst money we spent this year, he ain't sellable.
If we can move Crocker on, not so bad. Having both Crocker and Cust is not needed.

As I have pointed out in a few posts, apart from one shocker against the Bulldogs in Rd 3 (2/7), Garrick's kicking percentage in his other 15 games has been reasonable 77% (37/48). The only game we have lost due to missed goals was Rd 17 v Tigers when DCE was kicking.

Lose Garrick and our goal kicking stocks are DCE, Walker and Funa.... :sick::sick::sick:

Des effect in full swing, he knows what he's doing & is shedding the deadwood now instead of renewing dud contracts.

Davey might not seem that inspiring a signing but bear in mind, Des has been involved in his selection, so unlike other "no names" we've signed in recent years, this one will have some potential.

I'm looking forward to seeing our top 30 plus 6 devs for 2021.

Still seems surprising that there is no indication if young Hoppa is staying but would certainly prefer him to and holding down a likely wing spot [ with Garrick ] . After Harper "s impressive past couple of weeks , now think that he should be a front runner as a permanent centre . can "t see Suli being considered as a forward , not too sure why he is a bit injury prone being tackled . ,Maybe he submits too easily and should put in more effort after the collusion . Needs some decent early ball and room to move as a centre and again can only see Walker staying and only an opinion but him at 6 and Schuster to lock . That leaves Funa and Parker to still be well in contention and to put some competition into back line spots

Des effect in full swing, he knows what he's doing & is shedding the deadwood now instead of renewing dud contracts.

Davey might not seem that inspiring a signing but bear in mind, Des has been involved in his selection, so unlike other "no names" we've signed in recent years, this one will have some potential.

I'm looking forward to seeing our top 30 plus 6 devs for 2021.
That's the thing. We do need some guys on minimum wage in our squad. We already have 6 development players so why not add some experience in the top 30 for minimum wage. This guy is not a world beaters but will do a job if or when required.

That's the thing. We do need some guys on minimum wage in our squad. We already have 6 development players so why not add some experience in the top 30 for minimum wage. This guy is not a world beaters but will do a job if or when required.
AND, you can’t have 30 world beaters , well
Unless you are the Sydney Roosters who operate on a whole different level.

PS: I just read that Uncle Nicks holding in AP Eagers has increased in value by about 600 million since March , poor bastard!!

The urge to purge.

I like it a lot. We desperately need some new blood and some new culture. The type of culture that keppie, paseka and fainu have shown by knocking back better offers or signed for reasonable amounts to be part of something

Always been a des fan, always will.
He can do it
Skill is good attitude is better

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4