The problems we might figure as fans in the dark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I feel less informed as to what's going on with this train wreck of a club than ever before and, judging by the pages here, so does everyone else. So maybe we could use this thread to look at what we know and can surmise because the club tells us nothing.

We know that DCE and the Turbos take up 1/3 of our salary cap making roster management very difficult.
We know our owner lives on the other side of the world.
We know that Albert Hopoate has been loaned to the Warriors despite our decimated ranks.
We know John Hopoate posted on instagram that they don't want to be anywhere near the club and this post was liked by Manase and Sipley.
We know that Manase is on stabbing charges and won't be in court again until July next year. The club has given no idea of use of dispensation offered by the NRL.
We know that Manase loves posting gangsta stuff on his insta.
We know that the insta of Moses often sees him smoking some sort of a water pipe.
We know that Des gives us nothing re selections and especially the progress of exciting prospects like Schuster.

What else? Help me out here. I cannot understand what's happened to this club.

Last edited:
It seems to me our group of young wannabe gangster players arent thinking longterm - if they happily sabotage the club from within, do they think they'll all be picked up by one club so they can continue to play happy gangstas & throwing gang signs at the same club, or will they be scattered amongst other clubs (those lucky enough to be picked up) & have to make do with acting street together in the off season instead?

Seriously though, if the situation is that this group of (what is starting to look like) undesirables is holding Des over a barrel then unfortunately we as a club are better off without them.

Can you provide a link to that post? Thanks
837E3F1B-0AC0-45CE-BB24-7A30D12001CB.jpeg

I feel less informed as to what's going on with this train wreck of a club than ever before and, judging by the pages here, so does everyone else. So maybe we could use this thread to look at what we know and can surmise because the club tells us nothing.

We know that DCE and the Turbos take up 1/3 of our salary cap making roster management very difficult.
We know that Albert Hopoate has been loaned to the Warriors despite our decimated ranks.
We know John Hopoate posted on instagram that they don't want to be anywhere near the club and this post was liked by Manase and Sipley.
We know that Manase is on stabbing charges and won't be in court again until July next year. The club has given no idea of use of dispensation offered by the NRL.
We know that the insta of Moses often sees him smoking some sort of a water pipe.
We know that Des gives us nothing re selections and especially the progress of exciting prospects like Schuster.

Nice summary Budgie, saved me some time trawling through rubbish.

I say send Igor around to sort the young gangstas out.

You will find that there are plenty of other 'gangstas' for them to join up with at other clubs - it's a modern culture driven by social media imaging...
Losing our crap at Hoppa Snr is going to achieve just as much as blaming Barrett did - S.F.A.
...we need a coach and a football manager to be given the remit to tear this place down and start again... new people, new culture, new systems and new levels of performance-based accountability...

We need.... drum roll.... a 5 YEAR PLAN!!!!

Jesus, I'd like to make a list of all the times the club has backed Hoppa. Fights fingers and foul language. A zillion suspensions, stood by his son who was jailed for a horrid assault, groomed them all from juniors through to NRL and rep level. Helped Hoppa become a "coach" and kept investing in the next hoppa jnr.
But somehow Manly is the bad guy.

Hoppa would be back the minute someone flashes enough cash his way.

If that's his attitude then let Albert stay at the Warriors - I'll quite happily follow a Manly team that doesn't have a Hopoate playing for them. Who needs the drama, and why invest time and energy into that family anymore.

Time for DCE to move on, captain he is not, I am sure the donkeys will take him, Jake has gone backwards this year, injuries might have being an issue, but are we a one man team- turbo goes down and we fall apart. Hasler might not have the players, but how do we not know, his methods are pretty conservative, no one accountable can’t believe players not getting axed Garrick kicks them ball out twice and nothing happens. On a serious note you could probably move on three quarters of the team. They are not at NRL standard. I hope Hasler has tapped more than one on the shoulder to find another club next year because if not we will get the same result next year. The back line is woeful Parker Suli Garrick Elliot wouldn’t bust a grape. We need a powerhouse Centre and winger to show them the way.

Great thread @Budgewoi Eagle. I've just had a look at Hoppa senior's account. When a grown man in his 50s?? responds to replies with f words and c words as a direct insult to people, that shows you the role modelling his boys are getting. It will be a shame to lose a talented kid but do we really want this type of family at Manly? The other wanna be gangstas need to leave too.
There are much more important things than winning on the football field. Being a decent human is one of them.
In other posts Hoppa senior also claims Covid is a hoax. I wonder how he'd feel if he lost a loved one to it, like hundreds of thousands of people across the world.
Regardless of our position this year I believe in Des and that the Manly spirit will return. Tough times come and go.
I think the biggest rebuild needs to be in attitude. Get this right and good things will come.
I also hope all those Hoppa boys don't turn out like their dad.

The way I see it re Albert, and I have never seen him play.

If he is as good as everyone says we can't afford him for the next 5 years.

Money and opportunities best saved for young Turbo and Schuster.

I'd say the club and Des has already made the decision.

As for the numb skull hooker, cut him now and chase one of the Raiders or Roosters back ups.

Last edited:
We have been supporting Hopoate Senior since before he played first grade when he was suspended by the club by doing something entirely inappropriate on a plane coming back from a game against the GC.

We took him back and gave him another chance and paying his wage after finger gate.

We watched him get suspended multiple times, we kept him in the club ‘family’ when he was in trouble with the law and also involved with shady characters up the Cross.

We were embarrassed by his antics in the local junior RL - abusing and threatening officials.

We watched his son William walk out of the club chasing the cash the day after a GF win for which the Parra CEO apologized.

Now this, see you later

I would say that we offered Albert a deal but it wasn’t the million dollar a year John was wanting for his unproven boy. John carries on like a baby and starts airing his grievances through social media, which is pretty predictable from him.

That’s my guess on how things have played out

Great thread @Budgewoi Eagle. I've just had a look at Hoppa senior's account. When a grown man in his 50s?? responds to replies with f words and c words as a direct insult to people, that shows you the role modelling his boys are getting. It will be a shame to lose a talented kid but do we really want this type of family at Manly? The other wanna be gangstas need to leave too.
There are much more important things than winning on the football field. Being a decent human is one of them.
In other posts Hoppa senior also claims Covid is a hoax. I wonder how he'd feel if he lost a loved one to it, like hundreds of thousands of people across the world.
Regardless of our position this year I believe in Des and that the Manly spirit will return. Tough times come and go.
I think the biggest rebuild needs to be in attitude. Get this right and good things will come.
I also hope all those Hoppa boys don't turn out like their dad.
This needs repeating plenty more times. Winner winner

I would say that we offered Albert a deal but it wasn’t the million dollar a year John was wanting for his unproven boy. John carries on like a baby and starts airing his grievances through social media, which is pretty predictable from him.

That’s my guess on how things have played out
100% all about money.
Once the Souths kid made headlines john would have doubled Albert's price.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4