The problems we might figure as fans in the dark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Well Hoppa certainly goes off like he was **** faced last night but it looks like Hoppa jnr will never play for Manly if Hoopa snr has anything to do with it.

The facts are is that Hoppa has not been selected for Manly, against the wishes of 95% of Manly supporters.

Either Des selects him, or set him adrift and Des can fuk off the wanna be gansta Fainu at the same time.

Time for DCE to move on, captain he is not, I am sure the donkeys will take him, Jake has gone backwards this year, injuries might have being an issue, but are we a one man team- turbo goes down and we fall apart. Hasler might not have the players, but how do we not know, his methods are pretty conservative, no one accountable can’t believe players not getting axed Garrick kicks them ball out twice and nothing happens. On a serious note you could probably move on three quarters of the team. They are not at NRL standard. I hope Hasler has tapped more than one on the shoulder to find another club next year because if not we will get the same result next year. The back line is woeful Parker Suli Garrick Elliot wouldn’t bust a grape. We need a powerhouse Centre and winger to show them the way.
Hit it on the head! It’s a rabble
Between 2004 & 2008, our roster was fluid. Out with the non performers and in with the succession plan for winning comps.
Hell, Des even retired Beaver from the NRL and run him off the bench in his prime.
My thoughts are Des has bugger all say at this stage. It is still a Barrett squad except for Turbos and DCE
Maybe Des got his keys to the kingdom confiscated.

Last edited:
There’s only 5 games left in the season. On the whole, the players just want to play footy. They’ll tolerate training but usually just because it leads to a game on the weekend.
However, there seems to be a real mixture of attitudes to actually playing this year. Some players always look up for the game, some look like there’re genuinely trying but struggle to keep motivated. Then unfortunately, there are those that seem to be just going thru the motions. This is what I think Des is having difficulty handling during the week. For probably a variety of different reasons, he just can’t get them all on the same page.
I do believe that DCE is a big part of it. He’s one of the ones that can look highly motivated 1 week and disinterested the next. He’s a fine player, who’s won us plenty of games over the years but he’s simply not worth the money he’s on, never has been. Considering he’s the club’s highest paid player and Captain, it’s having a huge effect on the club. Off the top of my head, I think he’s still got 2 more years of his contact to go. So it’s a case of managing the situation as best as the club can until, we can move him on and get better value, for that money.

There’s only 5 games left in the season. On the whole, the players just want to play footy. They’ll tolerate training but usually just because it leads to a game on the weekend.
However, there seems to be a real mixture of attitudes to actually playing this year. Some players always look up for the game, some look like there’re genuinely trying but struggle to keep motivated. Then unfortunately, there are those that seem to be just going thru the motions. This is what I think Des is having difficulty handling during the week. For probably a variety of different reasons, he just can’t get them all on the same page.
I do believe that DCE is a big part of it. He’s one of the ones that can look highly motivated 1 week and disinterested the next. He’s a fine player, who’s won us plenty of games over the years but he’s simply not worth the money he’s on, never has been. Considering he’s the club’s highest paid player and Captain, it’s having a huge effect on the club. Off the top of my head, I think he’s still got 2 more years of his contact to go. So it’s a case of managing the situation as best as the club can until, we can move him on and get better value, for that money.
You may be correct but if players are motivated to not play their best because their captain is getting more money then I don't want them representing the famous maroon and white.

You may be correct but if players are motivated to not play their best because their captain is getting more money then I don't want them representing the famous maroon and white.
They won't like most clubs if that is an actual issue.

Great thread @Budgewoi Eagle. I've just had a look at Hoppa senior's account. When a grown man in his 50s?? responds to replies with f words and c words as a direct insult to people, that shows you the role modelling his boys are getting. It will be a shame to lose a talented kid but do we really want this type of family at Manly? The other wanna be gangstas need to leave too.
There are much more important things than winning on the football field. Being a decent human is one of them.
In other posts Hoppa senior also claims Covid is a hoax. I wonder how he'd feel if he lost a loved one to it, like hundreds of thousands of people across the world.
Regardless of our position this year I believe in Des and that the Manly spirit will return. Tough times come and go.
I think the biggest rebuild needs to be in attitude. Get this right and good things will come.
I also hope all those Hoppa boys don't turn out like their dad.
Last thing I want as a fan is a bunch of nice guys that finish last... get some decent systems and stop blaming the outcomes of the present systems...

Guys, footballers aren't paid for their brains or social etiquette. They are paid to play football. What they do in their personal life as long as its not illegal, is their business as long as it doesn't interfere with their behaviour on the field and training.

I dont give a rats what Hopa sen says. He can claim the world in flat and God lives in the flat next door as far as I'm concerned. Surely that's their business. But his son is paid to play football full stop.

It is up to the club and coach to not allow these personal issues to interfere with their efforts on the field and to get them out there. The Hastings issue is an example. Wasn't handled well here, going great guns in the UK. Good management handles these oddball behaviours.

The players aren't rocket scientists, and the young ones are just out of diapers. And we expect them to fit into this stereotype of well behaved, sensible, articulate, well meaning saints. Doesn't happen. Never happens. They are there to play football full stop. Good managers handle divergent personality idiosyncrasies

So Hoppa Snr,who is a blitherer of the highest order ,is bringing the club to its knees lol

The so called “gangstas “ Hoppa and Fainu are not actually playing. They are not in the 17 going out there and getting flogged every week.

Nope this is a nice pretty well gangsta free team getting lapped each week. One of these “gangstas “ who actually IS in the team was basically voted the best prop in the world a few weeks ago.

If two or three 18 year old to twenty year old kids and an old has been washed up ex winger are responsible for bringing down an entire football club that says more about the club than it does about them. To be honest it’s patently ridiculous.

It’s just usual stuff all clubs deal with when handling athletes , the vast majority of whom have large egos.Some do it better than others.

The real reason we are going like busteds is pretty simple We have a club with a pretty good first 13, extremely ordinary depth, a serious lack of pace, injuries to key players plus a coach who is coaching for a game that ceased to exist three months ago, which is putting a few noses out of joint.

Been happening for 100 years. Got nothing to do with child gangstas. We have an unbalanced , top heavy, slow squad and this is what you get.

Last edited:
John Hopoate isn't exactly a decent or intelligent man. I wouldn't be basing my opinion of the club's inner workings on an instagram brain-fart relating to his son's non-recall and selection.

Anyone that's got the mentality and morality of that flog should need permission from his carer to spew two word expletives in the form of a public temper tantrum.

And please, Fainu liked a post by John Hopoate? Color me surprised that a man on attempted murder charges finds himself agreeing with the brain dead.

Last edited:
Tom Trbojevic
Reuben Garrick
Dylan Walker
Brad Parker
Morgan Harper
Cade Cust
DCE
Morgan Boyle
Lachlan Croker
Sean Keppie
Curtis Sironen
Jack Gosiewski
Jake Trbojevic

Luke Metcalf
Corey Waddell
Martin Taupau
Zac Saddler

Would this Manly team be rid of a gangsta mentality?

Too bad the tough gangsta mentality and attitude isn't produced on the field on a weekly basis, otherwise we woulda won some matches......bitches.....just sayin'

We have been supporting Hopoate Senior since before he played first grade when he was suspended by the club by doing something entirely inappropriate on a plane coming back from a game against the GC.

We took him back and gave him another chance and paying his wage after finger gate.

We watched him get suspended multiple times, we kept him in the club ‘family’ when he was in trouble with the law and also involved with shady characters up the Cross.

We were embarrassed by his antics in the local junior RL - abusing and threatening officials.

We watched his son William walk out of the club chasing the cash the day after a GF win for which the Parra CEO apologized.

Now this, see you later
Hoppa Snr is a 50 + pathetic gangsta wannabe with a mental capacity the size of a pea. Grow the f..k up.

These players may not be running out but their attitude affects others and they are taking up cap space and roster spots. You can’t argue that team culture and harmony don’t have an impact on performance.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6