The problems we might figure as fans in the dark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great thread @Budgewoi Eagle. I've just had a look at Hoppa senior's account. When a grown man in his 50s?? responds to replies with f words and c words as a direct insult to people, that shows you the role modelling his boys are getting. It will be a shame to lose a talented kid but do we really want this type of family at Manly? The other wanna be gangstas need to leave too.
There are much more important things than winning on the football field. Being a decent human is one of them.
In other posts Hoppa senior also claims Covid is a hoax. I wonder how he'd feel if he lost a loved one to it, like hundreds of thousands of people across the world.
Regardless of our position this year I believe in Des and that the Manly spirit will return. Tough times come and go.
I think the biggest rebuild needs to be in attitude. Get this right and good things will come.
I also hope all those Hoppa boys don't turn out like their dad.
Did you read an earlier one commenting on AFB abuse of the ref?What I also found interesting about that post was Tevita Pangai Jr “liked” it.Says so much

This is a distraction. We should have given the kid run. This has stubbornness written all over it. If he played well and doubled his price so be it. We needed talent on the field and wins. That should have been our focus. Poor selections have been made other than Hoppa.

These players may not be running out but their attitude affects others and they are taking up cap space and roster spots. You can’t argue that team culture and harmony don’t have an impact on performance.
Mate. Its a footy club. If you have leaders (even if I buy all the gangsta rubbish which I don’t) then 18 year old kids get sat on the ass first week of training if they create issues. They’d last two ****ing minutes at the Roosters.

From what I’ve heard you might be closer to the mark looking at the other end of the spectrum. The joint doesnt have leadership on the field. That’s why we don’t manage games,that’s why we fold under adversity and that’s how you actually DO get rifts in footy clubs.

Pinning it on two or three kids is a joke. Can you imagine Bellamy or Robinson letting a couple of pimply teenagers causing trouble. BRking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:
Pinning it on two or three kids is a joke. Can you imagine Bellamy or Robinson letting a couple of pimply teenagers causing trouble. BRking up the wrong tree.

I can imagine them relegating them to reserve grade, not picking them and dropping them at the end of the season if it were the case. Maybe that’s what’s going on here? What else could Des or anyone really do? Especially without reggies and having to abide by the bubble.

I can imagine them relegating them to reserve grade, not picking them and dropping them at the end of the season if it were the case. Maybe that’s what’s going on here? What else could Des or anyone really do? Especially without reggies and having to abide by the bubble.
If
He gets a million bucks to manage people.Kick heads when needed, cuddle when needed.

One thing I do know for certain. People can’t have it both ways. You can’t cry from the hilltops what a great coach Des is and then on the other hand say a few juveniles are running the show. Can you imagine Bellyache in that situation lol !!

Good coaches don’t let 18 year olds **** their season.

The only reason this is even an issue is because Des has ruffled some of the younger feathers by not picking them even as we get flogged every week.I don’t like it at all like plenty of others but thats Dessie. And he may end up being right , who knows.

That’s all that’s going on here. He is implementing his philosophy re young blokes.

To say he’s being hamstrung by young gangstas is ridiculous.Seriously ! a15 year veteran! It’s laughable .

This happens all the time at clubs. Our problem is a badly balanced roster with zero depth and maybe/ maybe not a coach who is too conservative...which may cost us young talent.Thats the big issue.
Gangsta stuff is rubbish.

Last edited:
So Hoppa Snr,who is a blitherer of the highest order ,is bringing the club to its knees lol

The so called “gangstas “ Hoppa and Fainu are not actually playing. They are not in the 17 going out there and getting flogged every week.

Nope this is a nice pretty well gangsta free team getting lapped each week. One of these “gangstas “ who actually IS in the team was basically voted the best prop in the world a few weeks ago.

If two or three 18 year old to twenty year old kids and an old has been washed up ex winger are responsible for bringing down an entire football club that says more about the club than it does about them. To be honest it’s patently ridiculous.

It’s just usual stuff all clubs deal with when handling athletes , the vast majority of whom have large egos.Some do it better than others.

The real reason we are going like busteds is pretty simple We have a club with a pretty good first 13, extremely ordinary depth, a serious lack of pace, injuries to key players plus a coach who is coaching for a game that ceased to exist three months ago, which is putting a few noses out of joint.

Been happening for 100 years. Got nothing to do with child gangstas. We have an unbalanced , top heavy, slow squad and this is what you get.
Thank f*ck there is someone who gets it... blaming and sacking players because you dont like their attitudes will give you a short term sugar hit but building a system of support, reward and accountability will help you to shape attitudes and deliver success...
Thinking everyone should think and act the same regardless of their upbringing, past, influences etc is just pure utopian moralizing BS that will achieve nothing and kick the can down the road for another 5 years...

I feel less informed as to what's going on with this train wreck of a club than ever before and, judging by the pages here, so does everyone else. So maybe we could use this thread to look at what we know and can surmise because the club tells us nothing.

We know that DCE and the Turbos take up 1/3 of our salary cap making roster management very difficult.
We know our owner lives on the other side of the world.
We know that Albert Hopoate has been loaned to the Warriors despite our decimated ranks.
We know John Hopoate posted on instagram that they don't want to be anywhere near the club and this post was liked by Manase and Sipley.
We know that Manase is on stabbing charges and won't be in court again until July next year. The club has given no idea of use of dispensation offered by the NRL.
We know that Manase loves posting gangsta stuff on his insta.
We know that the insta of Moses often sees him smoking some sort of a water pipe.
We know that Des gives us nothing re selections and especially the progress of exciting prospects like Schuster.

What else? Help me out here. I cannot understand what's happened to this club.
Known, the pathways system in place for junior development is probably the strongest I have seen at the club in many years.

Known, the salary cap and the squad balance, the philosophy the club has is junior retention due to 7 players absorbing most of the cap.

Unknown, Des decided post Covid to drop Guaca from the 17, this is way before the innuendo on finances of the club we’re being highlighted. There is a disconnect between the Des and the system.

Unknown, Why Des is rewarding under performing players with a jumper each week.

Unknown, is there actually a division at the club between the players and Des / Administration?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2