The Prince of Brookvale - Where do you think he is at

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
i think he is closer than most to his best.

Only lacking areas i see is combos up the middle and 5/8 stuff

Speed is there, defence is there, scoring 11 from 15 is there.

Just remember Stewy makes the freakish look ordinary, slater the ordinary look freakish

There was actually a good example of that weekend before last

Slater pulled down a Penrith forward close to the line who looked certain to score, and it was raved about

Stewart pulled down Mose Masoe 2m out and hardly rated a mention

get over it Kiwi, it's getting long winded, Slater is miles ahead off Brett at present, give it up mate!!

Brett has done great for all the injuries he has carried. I'm sure next season he will be much quicker and looking like the guy we knew.

Darren said:
get over it Kiwi, it's getting long winded, Slater is miles ahead off Brett at present, give it up mate!!

Brett has done great for all the injuries he has carried. I'm sure next season he will be much quicker and looking like the guy we knew.

Did anybody say he isn't ? And does it change the fact that a lot of his work gets over rated ?

Any chance you can start writing off Ballin and Kite mate ? They are 2 guys we need to pick up their form and if you get into them they will rise again. Can check with Jase first on their form if you like

Just to add to that though, if there is a bomb going up in the closing stages of a big game, I would rather have Brett under it every day of the week

Slater deserves all the accolades he receives, he is a champion, like Cam Smith, annoys me about people going on and on about them. If we had them, we would be first!! Ballin and Kite are going fine in my opinion. Watmough has been not at his best though.

Jerry, look at Bowen, he is back but it did take three years, a great offseason will do wonders for Brett!! He does look gingerish when he runs though, I wince when he gets hit, just great to see him back!! Hate to say it but 1 more major injury and it may be it!!

The Eagle said:
Slater deserves a boot to the face,period

He is the ultimate pretender
What a disgusting disgraceful thing to say Shane.

I wouldn't want to contaminate my foot lol

His last line defence is second to none.

The opposition are certainly targeting him, when they can find him, lurking about behind the back line.
Opposition coaches are telling their charges to close him down before he has a chance to get away.

Great to have both Stewarts back on the paddock, together!

To be honest I think he's still a little ways off where he used to be. He is getting better but he has made more errors this year than he did in about 4 years in a row. Also his work under the high ball hasn't been as good, he has even decided not to contest a few but when I think of Stewart prior to his injuries (bar one game against the Broncos), I think of fullback who was sensational under the high ball.

Nothing to be overly worried about and he will get there, and I'm looking forward to when he gets back to his very best. Look out the rest of the comp when he does.

I am happy to have him back & he is producing some of his old magic occasionally but I still think he's a long way off where he was. .

He is taking an age to start his kick returns and the ball always seems to find the ground when kicked to him. He drifts in and out of game much more than he used to and has periods of 10 and 15 minutes where you dont notice him much. But yes he is still bobbing up for tries regularly so he hasnt lost that anticipation.

For me still a bit down....but I hope its just cause he is saving himself for the semi's to take off the hand brake.

Slater is nothing without Cam Smith in the team. The 2008 Grand Final proved that. Melbourne wouldn't make the 8 without Cam Smith.
The only thing Slater has over Stewie is size. He is not more skillful. Give me Brett Stewart over Slater any day.

Have to agree with the commander, will be back to his best with a full pre-season under his belt.
It is great to see him back in Manly colours though, and awesome to see some of the brilliance that he has conjured up on occasions this year. The most freakish being that 1 handed pick up and pass to set up DCE.

bones said:
Slater is nothing without Cam Smith in the team. The 2008 Grand Final proved that. Melbourne wouldn't make the 8 without Cam Smith.
The only thing Slater has over Stewie is size. He is not more skillful. Give me Brett Stewart over Slater any day.

Stewert is a lot taller than Slater.

Peter C said:
bones said:

Maybe two or three inches taller, but Slater would have at least 10 kg's on Brett in weight.

bones said:
Peter C said:
bones said:

Maybe two or three inches taller, but Slater would have at least 10 kg's on Brett in weight.

I'll show you why mages are FEARED!!!
I'd pick Anders anyday over Slater,i believe he would rip his face of,Snake has looked really pissed all year

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6