The Official Dessiemeter ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which hashtag sums up your current feelings ..

• #InDessieWeTrust

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • #InDessieWeHope

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • #InDessieWePray

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • #InDessieWeWorry

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • #InDessieWeDespair

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
I find it funny the way these two guys get thrown up. Not one single NRL club has identified them as coaches they want to pursue. The hype they received from implementing short kick offs and what not is hilarious.
I like them just because they are different.

I watched much of the QCup when it was on last year and it’s very enjoyable as it’s the footy we used to love

That said their team was spanked when they played on the state final a few years ago.

To keep it real, Des has many great qualities and is a great motivator, but like most coaches, has his share of weaknesses.
Chief weakness is lack of third party sponsors

#5.

Lets be honest - dropped us like a bag of potatoes, tried to take support staff/players, turned the Bulldogs into a boring, salary cap bereft team, locked up big $$'s of the cap, resigned a busted Foran and last year we started to look and play like the Dogs.
Well, yeah, that too!

ps Woodsie why didn't you add a poll option, #WishWeStillhadBarrett? :)

# 4, Our defensive efforts and techniques left more questions than answers this season, lots to work on before 2021.

Our attack was very ordinary, even in the first six rounds where we were competitive with Turbo the attack was disjointed.

We had some key injuries to players as an excuse for Des, but our defensive and attacking structures were not well coached in my opinion.

He's a top coach and glad he is at Manly. I just hope he isn't trying too hard to live up to the reputation. He was an experimenter back in the late 2000s. That's partly what won it for him. Knows how to get the players on side, just needs to be a little more adventurous and also get back to basics with defence and fitness. My goodness there was no one fitter and defensively better than the Dasler in his time.

I find it funny the way these two guys get thrown up. Not one single NRL club has identified them as coaches they want to pursue. The hype they received from implementing short kick offs and what not is hilarious.
Have the Walker Brothers recruited Saab yet to their imaginary NRL team? They seem to be generating the same untested hype.

Well, 70 respondents is a fair sample group to get a realistic picture of how the Silvertails faithful are feeling ... in summary .. and assuming that 100% of people started with trust ..

37% of people still have complete trust in Dessie ... less than I would have thought
40% of people have become less trusting and more hopeful ... fair enough
4% of people have gone from hope to prayer .. where is the Omnipotent one when needed ?
17% of people have gone past the rosary beads straight to worry mode ..
and 1.4% of people are driving to the gap ...

... so if at any time we suddenly sign Tedesco ... or Jake asks for a transfer to Parra ....

Remember you can change your vote

2021 promises to be a fun filled season.

The great man goes searching for a fifth premiership with the mighty Eagles.

We get to watch Barrett and his ten million dollar coaching team attempt to win his first.

Josh Schuster and the return of Foz.

Seeing how Des and the team adapt to the new rules with a full off season...

So I guess you're not really keen on Dessie?
You know what? Des was one of my favourite all time Manly players. Loved the way he competed at 1/2 and later at Lock. Gave 100% every game and never gave in. When he coached Manly he was a lot like that. However the way he left, and more importantly the way he tried to bring Manly to its knees by poaching support staff and players, well that wasn't Des or Manly. For that I can't forgive of forget. There may have been things going on in the background that I am not aware of but if you want to be considered a Manly great in my eyes you put th eclub above all else and you leave it better than you found it. Can't say that about Des.
p.s. his coaching now seems tired, repetitive and outdated. I want to play like the Panthers - refreshing and attack based with a good dose of exciting youth. We have it.

There may have been things going on in the background that I am not aware of but if you want to be considered a Manly great in my eyes you put th eclub above all else and you leave it better than you found it. Can't say that about Des.
My guess is that 100% there were things going on in the background that weren't made public, there was some stuff made public but, from memory, that came from the other side (Penns) not from Des. Possibly reflecting the fact that even in a bitter dispute he wouldn't publicly put crap on the club. Could be wrong.
As for leaving the club better than he found it, do you say he didn't? He left us as premiers and with a squad still good enough to make the GF 2 years later and almost win the minor premiership 3 years later. Go back and see what we were when he started as coach, we were not very good!

The great Wayne who I admire and respect has not coached a team to a premiership in 10 years and has had some amazing rosters at broncos, dragons, and now souths. When he was tasked with leading a club with financial issues and a weak roster (i.e. massive rebuild similar to what Des has had to do, not once, but 3 times), the Knights missed the finals two out of three years and he literally walked out, giving up entirely. Des doesn't give up, and compared with Bennett, Bellamy, and Robinson (the only 3 coaches with more success), he has literally built teams from the ground up with much less fancied players. #INDESWETRUST !

The great Wayne who I admire and respect has not coached a team to a premiership in 10 years and has had some amazing rosters at broncos, dragons, and now souths. When he was tasked with leading a club with financial issues and a weak roster (i.e. massive rebuild similar to what Des has had to do, not once, but 3 times), the Knights missed the finals two out of three years and he literally walked out, giving up entirely. Des doesn't give up, and compared with Bennett, Bellamy, and Robinson (the only 3 coaches with more success), he has literally built teams from the ground up with much less fancied players. #INDESWETRUST !
#INDESWETRUST !

• 👍
Reactions: bSw

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8