The Official Dessiemeter ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which hashtag sums up your current feelings ..

• #InDessieWeTrust

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • #InDessieWeHope

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • #InDessieWePray

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • #InDessieWeWorry

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • #InDessieWeDespair

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Friends, Brookie tragics and Silvertails .. do you come to bury Dessie .. or praise Dessie ...

Again reading through the threads, it his hard not to be intrigued by the differing feelings of many Silvertails as to our progress ... either through a lack of information, disappointment at the known signings, on field performances, inability to adapt as a team to the post Covid changes, fitness, injuries, loss of AFB or just a general shortage of that one big bit of news that will fill us all with enthusiasm ...

And yes, a good narrative can be mounted for why these events unfolded ....

Many are 100% confident Dessie is the man ... and fairly so, he has 2 Premierships as coach .. some are a bit worried he is losing his mojo ... and a smaller group are starting to vocalise their real concern ...

So here's your chance for Silvertails to take the temperature of the great unwashed sausage roll eaters on the hill ...

So vote ... and you can always come back and change your vote as either news comes in or the season progresses ...

I voted 2. I am cautiously optimistic about our future under Des. I do think a fresh voice / ideas is needed as assistant coach (has an decision been made on this?). The rest of the coaching staff, as far as I know, are former players under Des...Monas, Ballin, Snake, Randall, so not sure they're bringing any new ideas for Des to consider.

Most current assistants probably aren't interested in a sideways move, but maybe look at some promising coach's who are that next rung down. I don't know enough to suggest names other than Mat Head, and that's only because a mate of mine is his lower grades assistant at St George and I know he's a had a big hand in the development of the likes of Jason Saab, Cody Ramsey etc.

I've mentioned before I also don't mind a left field approach and sounding out someone like a Phil Blake or Michael O'Conner who have Rugby coaching experience and may provide a different view point and ideas.

Des is a great man manager and the players love and respect him, just a little worried he's been left behind tactically, so an outside voice may be of benefit.

I voted 2. I am cautiously optimistic about our future under Des. I do think a fresh voice / ideas is needed as assistant coach (has an decision been made on this?). The rest of the coaching staff, as far as I know, are former players under Des...Monas, Ballin, Snake, Randall, so not sure they're bringing any new ideas for Des to consider.

Most current assistants probably aren't interested in a sideways move, but maybe look at some promising coach's who are that next rung down. I don't know enough to suggest names other than Mat Head, and that's only because a mate of mine is his lower grades assistant at St George and I know he's a had a big hand in the development of the likes of Jason Saab, Cody Ramsey etc.

I've mentioned before I also don't mind a left field approach and sounding out someone like a Phil Blake or Michael O'Conner who have Rugby coaching experience and may provide a different view point and ideas.

Des is a great man manager and the players love and respect him, just a little worried he's been left behind tactically, so an outside voice may be of benefit.

I must say that’s the bit that really worries me.

It’s all well and good surrounding yourself with old players who get the culture BUT if they are just “ yes men” then it really doesn’t achieve much does it?

I believe the Walker Brothers “ could” be a revelation in this new game , love to see them get a run somewhere.

Last edited:
To keep it real, Des has many great qualities and is a great motivator, but like most coaches, has his share of weaknesses.
I reckon he is very stubborn to change, including giving youngsters with ability a go and also at times has seemed reluctant to change game plans to accomodate the new flowing modern game.
In saying that, it may be slightly unfair due to the Massive injury list and a few tough calls in 2020....as in the fact if we won the Premiership, there would be zero debate and he would be seen to walk on water.
Will be maybe fairer judging him with a Full roster, though coaching is cut throat and if your in the chair, you are going to be assessed regardless....

#5.

Lets be honest - dropped us like a bag of potatoes, tried to take support staff/players, turned the Bulldogs into a boring, salary cap bereft team, locked up big $$'s of the cap, resigned a busted Foran and last year we started to look and play like the Dogs.

To keep it real, Des has many great qualities and is a great motivator, but like most coaches, has his share of weaknesses.
I reckon he is very stubborn to change, including giving youngsters with ability a go and also at times has seemed reluctant to change game plans to accomodate the new flowing modern game.
In saying that, it may be slightly unfair due to the Massive injury list and a few tough calls in 2020....as in the fact if we won the Premiership, there would be zero debate and he would be seen to walk on water.
Will be maybe fairer judging him with a Full roster, though coaching is cut throat and if your in the chair, you are going to be assessed regardless....

Which is why I said that a good narrative can be made for why we had a bad year ... but I am not so much interested in the quantifiable reasons ... but more the gut feel, or instincts of people that have been watching and supporting for years .... what are the hairs on their willy's saying to them ... just ... how does our progress feel ...

Which is why I said that a good narrative can be made for why we had a bad year ... but I am not so much interested in the quantifiable reasons ... but more the gut feel, or instincts of people that have been watching and supporting for years .... what are the hairs on their willy's saying to them ... just ... how does our progress feel ...
Ok you want blunt - I was dissappointed of the "EFFORT" regardless of players out....I mean, NZ and Titans had as many outs and maybe didn't win anything, but had a damn good go....but alas, on the positive, happy enough Des is at the helm in 2021 and think we may well come good (I hope)....as for the hairs on the Wilbar, try to manscape Woodsie...but keeping my private life to myself from that point.

#5.

Lets be honest - dropped us like a bag of potatoes, tried to take support staff/players, turned the Bulldogs into a boring, salary cap bereft team, locked up big $$'s of the cap, resigned a busted Foran and last year we started to look and play like the Dogs.
So I guess you're not really keen on Dessie?

Friends, Brookie tragics and Silvertails .. do you come to bury Dessie .. or praise Dessie ...

Again reading through the threads, it his hard not to be intrigued by the differing feelings of many Silvertails as to our progress ... either through a lack of information, disappointment at the known signings, on field performances, inability to adapt as a team to the post Covid changes, fitness, injuries, loss of AFB or just a general shortage of that one big bit of news that will fill us all with enthusiasm ...

And yes, a good narrative can be mounted for why these events unfolded ....

Many are 100% confident Dessie is the man ... and fairly so, he has 2 Premierships as coach .. some are a bit worried he is losing his mojo ... and a smaller group are starting to vocalise their real concern ...

So here's your chance for Silvertails to take the temperature of the great unwashed sausage roll eaters on the hill ...

So vote ... and you can always come back and change your vote as either news comes in or the season progresses ...

I must say that’s the bit that really worries me.

It’s all well and good surrounding yourself with old players who get the culture BUT if they are just “ yes men” then it really doesn’t achieve much does it?

I believe the Walker Brothers “ could” be a revelation in this new game , love to see them get a run somewhere.
I find it funny the way these two guys get thrown up. Not one single NRL club has identified them as coaches they want to pursue. The hype they received from implementing short kick offs and what not is hilarious.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6