The NO LOOK pass poll.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Schuster's no look passing ....

• Turns me on .. more please.

• Is a weapon .. love it

• Yeah, nah ... over it.

• Piss it off ...

• Bloke is obsessed and needs an intervention.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay, let's here it .. what is your opinion, view or attitude to the Schuster no look play.
He looks a classy player in the making, no off season has hurt him with his fitness so far 2022.

Looks the best ball player in the squad, typically on the left side last season, have seen him float to the right side occasionally and he always looks threatening and creative.

He will come good no doubt in my mind, only young and there will be plenty of highlight reels with the no look pass!!

A weapon for me.

Bring on the no look pass!

Bring on the behind the back pass!

Bring on the into the gap pass!

Bring on the double and triple pump pass!

Bring on the cut-out pass!!

Bring on the harbour bridge pass to an unmarked Tippy and Saab!

Bring on the dummy and Schuster runs thru the gap!

Bring on a bunch of Manly players inside and outside Schu backing him up!

Just bring on Josh at 5/8th!!
Love the Shu
Bring it on !

I suppose the way our season has gone he's got a free pass for the rest of this year to fine tune what will work and what won't. Only a madman would keep doing the same stuff if it's not working cough Des cough

Starting a thread … questioning a kid who has be flagged as special and is still finding his feet in the game… only on silvertails would you find this “numbnutery”. Good one.

Seriously ... in case you missed the 60 (so far) people that have expressed an opinion ... it is an issue ... it has been raised by commentators and fans alike ...

But, it is okay ... you stick your head up your own #### and ignore it ... no one will miss you.

Schuster is ready to play 6 for the rest of the year with Foran leaving . As Madmax said ,a lot of the best judges in rugby league see him as the next superstar of rugby league .If he plays 6 till the end , not only will we make the finals , we will also be a very dangerous challenger for the title .
Let's go Manly .

Better qualified judges than anyone on Silvertails have spoken highly of Josh’s talent….especially one Benji Marshall. If he & others say he’s a star in the making then that’s good enough for me! What people on here think matters zero…..coz none of them are qualified to make assumptions on a players ability!
Maybe , but this is an opinion forum not a media circle jerk and unless I’m incorrect we are allowed views !!

I’m sure Benji loves him.

I don’t disagree BUT I just think the no look pass should be a part of the armoury but in no way the major part of it.

Better qualified judges than anyone on Silvertails have spoken highly of Josh’s talent….especially one Benji Marshall. If he & others say he’s a star in the making then that’s good enough for me! What people on here think matters zero…..coz none of them are qualified to make assumptions on a players ability!

No one I have seen has overtly bagged or challenged his ability ... the poll , and the opinions expressed have been solely on the "no look" pass debate ...

Is it valuable or/and overused?

It is not a schuster witch hunt ..

And as far as other good judges in the media go ... I think Freddy and others have dropped him down the rankings this year ... I think that is most probably because of injury and the position he is playing ...

But either way, he is not a sacred cow .. with over 20 1st grade games played he is entitled to have his game discussed critically.

As long as there is no personal abuse ... that is exactly the role of a forum like Silvertails ..

If he plays 6 till the end , not only will we make the finals , we will also be a very dangerous challenger for the title .
That might be true, but I can only see that happening if Foran is his partner in the halves, not DCE. The way they play, Foz and Josh will complement each other's game, much like Foz has always paired well with DCE. But a DCE/Schuster halves partnership has chaos written all over it. I guess we'll see that next year.

Why bother with the forum at all then? The entire purpose of the forum is for people to share opinions...you don’t have to agree with them, but if you think every opinion on here that’s laid out by anyone other than an NRL affiliated person is garbage, where does that leave your own opinion? You mean to say you’ve never had a contrary opinion about anything that Hasler has done? Of course not, he is a better judge than you?! I think you’ve painted yourself into a corner here.

Further, of course he has an abundance of talent. Of course he has the potential to be a star. That doesn’t mean his approach to game at present, is entirely what Manly needs. Come to think of it, a few of your ‘far better judges’ (Greg Alexander, Cooper Cronk, Braith Anasta) have all said as much about him picking his moments and putting the miracle play aside on occasions.

Why bother with the forum at all then? The entire purpose of the forum is for people to share opinions...you don’t have to agree with them, but if you think every opinion on here that’s laid out by anyone other than an NRL affiliated person is garbage, where does that leave your own opinion? You mean to say you’ve never had a contrary opinion about anything that Hasler has done? Of course not, he is a better judge than you?! I think you’ve painted yourself into a corner here.

Further, of course he has an abundance of talent. Of course he has the potential to be a star. That doesn’t mean his approach to game at present, is entirely what Manly needs. Come to think of it, a few of your ‘far better judges’ (Greg Alexander, Cooper Cronk, Braith Anasta) have all said as much about him picking his moments and putting the miracle play aside on occasions.
Snake I never disagreed with your post. I agree with what you said. Let the kid play & do what he does best. It’s the X factor he brings that will win us games not putting the no look pass away.

Snake I never disagreed with your post. I agree with what you said. Let the kid play & do what he does best. It’s the X factor he brings that will win us games not putting the no look pass away.
All good Max! I love the no look pass, but I really want to see him think run first and roll the sleeves up. I’ve worked with Schu in a footy capacity and he is a terrific talent and even better human being. I want to see him succeed, just don’t want him to end up like David Fafita.

Am I wrong to think that in a slightly different world Josh might have made a great x-factor full back. Strong, agile and can run lines. Loves being in the action. Wiki says 4 kegs heavier than Turbo and 3 inches shorter.

As much as anyone here I don't like weakening two positions by moving a player out of their preferred but if the choice was second row or full-back?

Anyway, many years of Turbo magic starting 2023.

With over 80 votes cast ... opinion at Silvertails is split right down the middle ... with 50% of respondents being positive about the no look ... and 50% of respondents being negative ...

WHICH just proves beyond any doubt that half the people on here have no clue whatsoever.

Let him develop and learn. He will figure it out eventually. I dont mind if he makes mistakes. He is a gun even if he is trigger happy.
Well said Sparty ,
The Shu is gun and a machine gun at that
Young Shu has so much raw natural ability and more ability than the average player and he is maturing .
He has been out of the game for a while through injury and his condition and timing and his game can only improve with more game time

The moral of the story ...
Mistakes do happen on the field
But Magic on the field rarely happens and the Sensational Shu is one of those rare talented magic players
We should not halt magic but encourage it

With over 80 votes cast ... opinion at Silvertails is split right down the middle ... with 50% of respondents being positive about the no look ... and 50% of respondents being negative ...

WHICH just proves beyond any doubt that half the people on here have no clue whatsoever.
Question is... of the 2 groups above, which are the 50% that have no clue?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8