The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Paying a player a million dollars over four years (400k + 200k + 200k + 200k) without getting any first grade football out of them, sounds like the worst deal ever negotiated to me. I wouldn’t be blaming the journos. We knew Schu had issues and re-signed him anyway. Less than a year later, he is gone and we’ve blown a mil. Sounds dumb to me.

Paying a player a million dollars over four years (400k + 200k + 200k + 200k) without getting any first grade football out of them, sounds like the worst deal ever negotiated to me. I wouldn’t be blaming the journos. We knew Schu had issues and re-signed him anyway. Less than a year later, he is gone and we’ve blown a mil. Sounds dumb to me.
We signed him on the expectation the Schu's best form was just around the corner....how wrong were we..

We probably only have 350k each year for the next 3 years to spend on a new player.
Manly and Schu said he resigned for a lot less than this year's 800k.
It's no doubt less than 600k, so the bs about 550k to spend us not true.

We probably only have 350k each year for the next 3 years to spend on a new player.
Manly and Schu said he resigned for a lot less than this year's 800k.
It's no doubt less than 600k, so the bs about 550k to spend us not true.
One has to say, why the secrecy, why are some contracts publicized and others not. DCE is another that's shrouded in mystery?.

The only thing worse would have been paying him $2.6M+ to play for sh*tty Blacktown for 4 years…

Could be a range of scenarios coming up for Shu and in regard to any League comeback
Could only imagine any other N R L initially only offering a short term deal , even a train and trial basic contract arrangement and if he is showing some indication of being ready to get back into the grind of top level footy again
Tarik still receives 10 % of the previous 400 K then the remaining 600 K and then any ongoing contract fee so he shouldn't have too many short term complaints but will almost inevitably struggle to again get much more for Shu above a basic salary into the immediate future at least.
Same with any U K clubs and in all probability he could go O K there if he can regain just some of his all round playing ability .
Tend to think that his recent Manly deal would have been on the lower side [ well if one can classify 625 k , excluding some incentives ]] as a reasonable anticipated deal and in the then circumstances .
He did play a couple of quite useful games for Manly in the early stages of last season before the injury and fitness and on field commitment issues started to be a negative again .
Manly just ran out of patience and a reasonable level of encouragement and really did have not much choice to take the pragmatic line ,
Bit of a hit to the cap for a while but the better overall option and just have to move on

Good point mate. MH today is so difficult to navigate and manage. We are talking about a young fella who's just turned 20 as well. Jeez I loved him as a player though.

I worry about Tartak. I saw an interview from Suli claiming he wasn't aware what was happening, and really didn't want to go to The Dragons.

That's scary.
Pretty sure that Moses [ Suli ] was on about 550 k at Manly and Dragons were prepared to offer 600 to 650 K for 3 years or so but no idea really how any behind the scenes revised contract arrangements were being conducted
Think also it was the case of trying to retain Koula on a longer term basis and could not manage both him and Suli
Surely so much better to have retained Koula , plus [ well just my take ] the best back up after Turbo at the back although of course Garrick should also be quite capable there if needed as well

One has to say, why the secrecy, why are some contracts publicized and others not. DCE is another that's shrouded in mystery?.
You wouldn't know it, given the way journos state speculation as fact but any contract value you hear in the media is at best leaked by clubs or managers with an agenda or at worst completely made up. No journo has ever been shown an actual contract with all its clauses and conditions.

Not sure if Schu's is the worst contract deal ever. The 8 year $10 mill deal to DCE for zero premierships or even a GF appearance is right up there too. Worst decade in the history of this club.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8