The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Based on the $1m payout & the breakdown of it ($400k for 2024 & $600k distributed over 2025, 2026 & 2027) I reckon his deal was actually a base salary of $400k per season with potential to increase to $600k if he met all of his KPIs.

If so, Manly are essentially paying him his base salary for 2024 & half of his base salary for the next 3 years.

I just have a feeling he (Tartak) has accepted this severance payout so quietly/quickly because it’s not too far off the mark of what Schuster would have earned as a base salary for the next 3 years, which is probably all he would have earned had he remained in reggies.

Based on the $1m payout & the breakdown of it ($400k for 2024 & $600k distributed over 2025, 2026 & 2027) I reckon his deal was actually a base salary of $400k per season with potential to increase to $600k if he met all of his KPIs.

If so, Manly are essentially paying him his base salary for 2024 & half of his base salary for the next 3 years.

I just have a feeling he (Tartak) has accepted this severance payout so quietly/quickly because it’s not too far off the mark of what Schuster would have earned as a base salary for the next 3 years, which is probably all he would have earned had he remained in reggies.

Do you think he'll pick up another club quickly? I do, he's got so much talent it's out of control. If it's a team like The Storm, he'll be playing Origin within 3 years.

Screenshot_2024-04-24-17-43-33-89_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I predict he'll go to the UK and be Man of Steel a bunch of times, come back to the NRL and phone it in for a couple of seasons before retiring.

Do you think he'll pick up another club quickly? I do, he's got so much talent it's out of control. If it's a team like The Storm, he'll be playing Origin within 3 years.
The Storm do get the best out of any player, but that player needs to be committed to the rigorous training regime that the Storm is known for, eating right and be fully motivated to play rugby league. I haven't heard Schuster doing any of this right at Manly, so it's a big gamble for the Storm.

The Storm do get the best out of any player, but that player needs to be committed to the rigorous training regime that the Storm is known for, eating right and be fully motivated to play rugby league. I haven't heard Schuster doing any of this right at Manly, so it's a big gamble for the Storm.
Nah...can't see Schuster with the Storm, Bellyache would be way to tough for Josh. Being a Storm player means being soilder like, sorry, not for Josh.

I still think the Titans are a good fit for him. And a complete change of scenery will do him good. Fresh start but still some familiarity with Des and Foran up there. He could be the perfect fit as an X Factor player coming off the bench when some of the big boys are tiring. Lots of nice long beaches for him to run on and get his fitness up too.

Sorry guys, I have been chatting my head off a bit much tonight. Terry Hill dying has hit me pretty hard tbh. I just think this is my way of coping. Not only that but I can feel the Manly Spirit raging right now. The force is strong in a good way. The Manly Gods and Greats will look after our dear friend on the other side. We are all one right now. Friday is going to be a very powerful night and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Nite all I'm emotionally drained 😴

I dunno, I think he needs to take some time off & it’ll come down to how motivated he is to get fit to be an attractive pick up for another club.

I just hope Tartak doesn’t push him to get back into it too soon.

I still think the Titans are a good fit for him. And a complete change of scenery will do him good. Fresh start but still some familiarity with Des and Foran up there. He could be the perfect fit as an X Factor player coming off the bench when some of the big boys are tiring. Lots of nice long beaches for him to run on and get his fitness up too.
… but that didn’t work when Des and Foran were down here!

Just sayin’

I thought Fifi was there X factor player, but I guess, only if he feels like it.

I dunno, I think he needs to take some time off & it’ll come down to how motivated he is to get fit to be an attractive pick up for another club.

I just hope Tartak doesn’t push him to get back into it too soon.
Good point mate. MH today is so difficult to navigate and manage. We are talking about a young fella who's just turned 20 as well. Jeez I loved him as a player though.

I worry about Tartak. I saw an interview from Suli claiming he wasn't aware what was happening, and really didn't want to go to The Dragons.

That's scary.

May be, but if he's got any sense he'll pick up another manager quickly.

To pick up another club he first needs to get himself mentally and physically fit to attract them, but it may take him a bit of time to straighten himself out...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8