The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I think you're right but I suspect we will be fine.

Although, with a bit of luck Aloiai is upset and wants to leave and we can free up his contract too :)
Agree. He’s put in his few good games for the season, so let’s quit while ahead.

If Aloiai were to go, along with Schuster, we would have 1.225 million per year freed up in our salary cap for the coming years... Makes you think...

But Aloiai has been performing this year, and there's no problem with having one of our props in Blacktown as injury cover. I think Aloiai should stay, as long as he is performing.

IMG_0170.png

I had a laugh at the Tele headline this morning: "Secret Schuster clause to land Manly $2.4M windfall". Maybe it's just my sense of humour but a "windfall".....really? lol.

I had a laugh at the Tele headline this morning: "Secret Schuster clause to land Manly $2.4M windfall". Maybe it's just my sense of humour but a "windfall".....really? lol.
It’s funny because the same publication have been bleating on that he’s on $800K

Can’t see article from Daily Telegraph, but Ritchie is saying all 16 NRL clubs respond to Schuster situation. It says ‘Schuster unwanted in NRL…washed up at 22.

I reckon you're not far off the mark with us needing a centre. I know we're trying Rubes (and he might make a good one eventually) but we've bought in strike centres before and it's paid off. It might be cherry picking a bit but we bought in O'Connor - GF, we bought in Hill - GF, we bought in Innes - GF, so sometimes bringing them thru the "system" isn't always the best way. I had high hopes for Feledy thru the system and we lost him to the Tigers.
You forgot the best one of all Jamie Lyons !!!

Can’t see article from Daily Telegraph, but Ritchie is saying all 16 NRL clubs respond to Schuster situation. It says ‘Schuster unwanted in NRL…washed up at 22.

NRL 2024: Every club’s response to Josh Schuster offer, which sides are interested in the unwanted Sea Eagle

A day after Manly announced out-of-favour star Josh Schuster could leave the club, all 16 rivals have responded to whether they would be interested in taking on the once prodigious talent. See who’s interested and who isn’t.

by Dean Ritchie

Manly forward Josh Schuster is unwanted in the NRL – a freakishly prodigious talent seemingly washed-up aged 22.

This masthead contacted 16 rival clubs and each publicly claimed no interest in signing the unwanted Sea Eagles player.

Manly gave Schuster, on a three-year deal worth $2.4m, permission this week to find a new club.

He is a free agent – but is unwanted.

The clubs’ snub is another setback for Schuster, who continues to play NSW Cup after enduring multiple off-season injury setbacks.

Schuster has been named at lock, wearing jumper 26, for Blacktown Workers in a reserve grade match against the Warriors in Auckland this Saturday.

Only St George Illawarra showed remote appeal in Schuster.

When asked whether his club had an interest in Schuster, Dragons coach Shane Flanagan said: “Politely, not at this point.”

Other responses were more blunt.

It appears Schuster’s apparent reluctance to train hard has clubs quickly vetoing any temptation.

One source close to Schuster said: “It’s a shame – it all came too easy for him. Hard work beats talent. This was always going to happen.

“His talent overflowed but it looks like a waste of talent. He needs to go to Melbourne and play under Craig Bellamy.”

When asked about the possibility that his club may chase Schuster, Bellamy said: “We haven’t discussed him. He’s on more money than we can afford in our salary cap.”

One CEO said: “I won’t be giving it any thought.”

Another was even more candid, only responding with: “No.”

Cowboys: Zero chance

Broncos: No interest

Titans: Not seeking a back-rower

Dolphins: Not in club’s plans

Knights: Haven’t given Schuster a thought

Raiders: No interest

Dragons: Not at this point

Roosters: No interest

Rabbitohs: Zero interest

Sharks: Not chasing him

Bulldogs: Zero interest

Eels: Politely declined any interest

Tigers: No interest

Panthers: No interest

Storm: Wouldn’t fit into club’s salary cap

Warriors: No interest

There are reports Manly have a clause in Schuster’s contract related to his performance and weight.

If Schuster cannot attain the KPIs worked into his deal, Manly can walk away without having to pay the troubled star.

Schuster may have to consider offering himself to English Super League clubs.

RLPA chief executive Clint Newton is monitoring the Schuster situation at Brookvale.

“All player contract terminations have to be mutual, without coercion, so we will be monitoring Josh’s situation to ensure it complies with the CBA,” Newton said.

Former premiership-winner Braith Anasta said “pressure and expectation” comes with earning big money.

“No disrespect to the poor kid but we hear a lot about his performances, training, his attitude, it’s a bit of a lesson that getting the big dollar isn’t always what’s best,” Anasta told NRL 360.

“What else it does is it creates a whispering campaign among the teammates who say he’s on $800k, he’s not putting in.”

I do think the most likely situation is that it is what it as and the club is just cleaning the club of player not putting in. However, there is a part of me that would love to see him fulfil the talent he has at Manly. Anyone think there is a remote possibility that the club is doing this as a last chance rocket up the arse for him and they hope this might motivate him?

Last edited:
I do think the most likely situation is that it is what it as and the club is just cleaning the club of player not putting in. I still want to see him fulfil the talent he has at Manly. Anyone think there is a remote possibility that the club is doing this as a last chance rocket up the arse for him and they hope this might motivate him?
I dont think that is the reasoning but it could be the outcome.

The little ‘whip around’ by the SMH to CEOs of other clubs and their ensuing responses was, I think, inadvertently cruel.

I really hope Schuster can get over this, move on with his life and not fall into a deep hole.
It was Daily Telegraph and was written by the good old ....."Bulldog" Ritchie ..... Zorba's mate .....

NRL 2024: Every club’s response to Josh Schuster offer, which sides are interested in the unwanted Sea Eagle

A day after Manly announced out-of-favour star Josh Schuster could leave the club, all 16 rivals have responded to whether they would be interested in taking on the once prodigious talent. See who’s interested and who isn’t.

by Dean Ritchie

Manly forward Josh Schuster is unwanted in the NRL – a freakishly prodigious talent seemingly washed-up aged 22.

This masthead contacted 16 rival clubs and each publicly claimed no interest in signing the unwanted Sea Eagles player.

Manly gave Schuster, on a three-year deal worth $2.4m, permission this week to find a new club.

The clubs’ snub is another setback for Schuster, who continues to play NSW Cup after enduring multiple off-season injury setbacks.

Schuster has been named at lock, wearing jumper 26, for Blacktown Workers in a reserve grade match against the Warriors in Auckland this Saturday.

When asked whether his club had an interest in Schuster, Dragons coach Shane Flanagan said: “Politely, not at this point.”

It appears Schuster’s apparent reluctance to train hard has clubs quickly vetoing any temptation.

One source close to Schuster said: “It’s a shame – it all came too easy for him. Hard work beats talent. This was always going to happen.

“His talent overflowed but it looks like a waste of talent. He needs to go to Melbourne and play under Craig Bellamy.”

When asked about the possibility that his club may chase Schuster, Bellamy said: “We haven’t discussed him. He’s on more money than we can afford in our salary cap.”

There are reports Manly have a clause in Schuster’s contract related to his performance and weight.

If Schuster cannot attain the KPIs worked into his deal, Manly can walk away without having to pay the troubled star.

RLPA chief executive Clint Newton is monitoring the Schuster situation at Brookvale.

“All player contract terminations have to be mutual, without coercion, so we will be monitoring Josh’s situation to ensure it complies with the CBA,” Newton said.

Former premiership-winner Braith Anasta said “pressure and expectation” comes with earning big money.

“No disrespect to the poor kid but we hear a lot about his performances, training, his attitude, it’s a bit of a lesson that getting the big dollar isn’t always what’s best,” Anasta told NRL 360.

“What else it does is it creates a whispering campaign among the teammates who say he’s on $800k, he’s not putting in.”
Seriously. What is the point of this story??!! (And I mean the story not the post). Whatever the reason Shu has ended up in this situation, why write a story like this? Talk about kicking someone when they're down!! And I know I've been critical of the way he played on the weekend but I think that's different to a journo pretty much saying - hey kid, you think getting dropped from Manly is bad, well no one wants you, you loser. Now go and chew that over while you're on personal leave. Pretty classy, I say.

by Dean Ritchie

Firstly, really appreciate you sharing this.
Secondly, how’s Clint Newton’s comment?! A contract termination does not have to be mutual, if it’s written into the contract that the club have an option to walk away, should they wish?! His little players union are not above the law.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8