The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Awesome post mate.

We struggle to make metres from our own goal line. And that's why we forever seem to be coming out of trouble, rather than being able to release that backline with authority. I think some of that stems from:

1. Arsehole play-the-ball and ruck speed Our attackers always get turned on thier backs facing our own tryline - that's the longest and hardest position to stand, turn and play-the-ball from. You'll notice Lodge was good at when getting tackled, landing on his front. Panthers, Storm (and Chooks funnily) and masters of getting tackled by technique - which is why they are always rolling with momentum.

2. Our forward stats in almost every region / area is literally bottom 3 in the league. For mine, the way to fix that is with better players, and a focus on point one above - lightning fast play-the-balls (and that's just effort and technique).

3. Distribution from dummy half. Love Croker, but it's slow, and lacks any ex-factor (BUT, his kicking game has improved 4 40/20's last season thank you very much). If he can learn a running game, can be a bit more explosive (he WAS an international 5/8 and 1/2 back), and be a bit more cisp (and add some ex-factor), okay. But this point exacerbates both points one and two above.

and it's a vicious cycle.
Great contributions @jbb/james @Ryan i wholeheartedly agree.

The lack of line speed is our biggest problem and hopefully the fitness gap is addressed this off season. Toff and Tent showed improvement in the second half of 23 but the whole pack needs to move up and strangle teams both in the midfield and on their own goal lines after kicks.

With two halves now kicking it’s up to the forwards!

Schuster setback​

Josh Schuster had been making good progress on his fitness until a significant setback last week. He contracted chickenpox – never pleasant as an adult.
Sports news, results and expert commentary.Sign up for our Sport newsletter.

Save
License this article
Danny Weidler

Danny Weidler is a sport columnist for The Sydney Morning Herald.Connect via Twitter or email

Josh Schuster had been making good progress on his fitness until a significant setback last week. He contracted chickenpox – never pleasant as an adult.
I still have a devil put aside for a wanker I once worked with who couldn't send his daughter to school because she had chickenpox and thought it would be good idea to bring her to the office instead. Seven people, me included, got the pox over the next week, and it was absolutely awful.

Schuster setback​

Sports news, results and expert commentary.Sign up for our Sport newsletter.

Save
License this article
Danny Weidler

Danny Weidler is a sport columnist for The Sydney Morning Herald.Connect via Twitter or email
Maybe his parents never got him vaccinated?

Does the 👠 hold Seibold's goat photo's?

Sure Seibs give him a spray in the media. But he still wouldn't drop him. And then when Shoe got worse and worse and wouldn't even run the ball. Seibs still wouldn't drop him.

We announced a new running half and had zero chance of finals before the Shoe was the given the chance to find some form in ressies.

Has another player stollen those goat photo's this off season, or will the coaches love fest just continue in the backrow?

That's one way for Schu to lose weight but then again with him not training, he may put the weight on. Another setback is just what he needs...not.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8