The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are 4 types of speed in RL. Acceleration, top speed, reaction speed and most importantly how quickly you can judge where, when, why you are needed. Snake had the best balance of these 4 attributes I have ever seen.
There is a 5th speed judged by how quickly you can get away from dodgy agents and god botherers.

Shame about Jake Toby. He was diminutive, but lightning quick. This new kid (Druzel T.) from Union though is very big, also very quick, and has the potential to be a young Will Hopoate type.

In my view , Will Hopoate could have been 10X the player if he didn't go on his Mormon mission, but **** happens.

Sounds like Schus ready to rip in, although he did the same thing last year and look how that turned out. I still have hope he'll find himself again in the back row.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1697836133053.jpg
    FB_IMG_1697836133053.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 131
Certainly a livewire[ Toby ] . probably offered a bit more money and could even make a go of playing as a 6 . Would seem only very limited opportunities to get a crack at full back at the Storm and again maybe just a bit more money on offer to influence him to make a switch .
Noticed that he was listed on the Blacktown bench when Weekes , Arthur and Cooper Johns finished the season there so maybe a little bit miffed but that "s footy and with some outcomes .
Anyway good competitive type player and certainly the right attitude and no doubt will strive hard to continue to give his best .

Certainly a livewire[ Toby ] . probably offered a bit more money and could even make a go of playing as a 6 . Would seem only very limited opportunities to get a crack at full back at the Storm and again maybe just a bit more money on offer to influence him to make a switch .
Noticed that he was listed on the Blacktown bench when Weekes , Arthur and Cooper Johns finished the season there so maybe a little bit miffed but that "s footy and with some outcomes .
Anyway good competitive type player and certainly the right attitude and no doubt will strive hard to continue to give his best .
I reckon they got him as back up to Papenhausen in case he doesn’t recover to well from his broken leg

Why?

They have Nick Meaney and super star 20 year old super kid Sualauvi Faalogo who they just locked up till 2025.

They are more than covered for fullback
You will have to ask Storm Recruitment why but bench impact type player who can cover multiple positions like Pap can

Just got another view on how we can play Schuster for 2024 and the foreseeable future. As most of you all say that Jake doesn't have the leg speed, mobility and attacking threat of a modern day lock. But I also believe like Schuster doesn't have the physical capabilities to be starting lock. But I'm posing the idea that we play Schuster off the bench coming on after the physical barrier in the first 20 minutes and plays that ball playing roaming lock role for remaining 60 minutes.

If you look at Schuster his strengths are;
  • His passing game through deception (would be great first receiver by attracting wider players)
  • Great offloader
  • Powerful runner (when he runs, if he doesn't run the ball he's dropped that simple)
  • Has X factor moments like a sharp run, great support play or handy kick
Weaknesses (when playing second row)
  • His physical toughness of running outside in lines for sweeping backs around the back of him not him wanting centre to run the tough hard lines for him.
  • His defensive decisions when halfbacks are running plays at him. This will be nullified if he is defending in the middle of the field where he has a lot less space to occupy and won't be exposed for his poor decision making.
  • His fitness (if he is only playing 60 minutes or less that will mean he can stay in the game and play at a higher intensity for those 60 minutes instead of 40 minutes where he's on fire then 40 minutes just trying to get through to the 80.
  • His lack of hit ups - now I know a few of you will go yea if you want him to play that roaming ruck role for 60 minutes he's got to have to have hit ups and yes I agree. If he doesn't learn to take at least 8-10 hit ups a game for 80 meters he just not going to get picked in the 17 that simple.
  • His lack of ability to get involved - with Schuster playing either left edge or five eight he has been stuck on one side of the park - if he's playing that bench lock role this forces him to constantly get his hands on the ball as he is the first receiver.
I know there will also be people out there saying that we can't be having an 800k player starting on the bench that just can't happen. But it's to do what's best for the team in the scenario we have. 60 minutes' on the bench in the middle of the park with hands all over the ball is more then enough time for him to make the impact we need from him. If he succeeds in this role he can then have the potential opportunity to start. But atm i feel that physical barrage in the first 20 minute's will wear him away and with his current fitness levels he isn't quite at that stage yet, but I would love for him to prove me wrong.

Schuster moving to this role also helps out the team through Jake although first 20 minutes technically playing lock where mobility and speed doesn't really matter because everyone is fresh he can then switch into the prop position which he is.
As well as Burbo who will increase in size run for around 120 metres a game, run those tight hard lines as well running plenty of decoy runs as left edge back row is statistically proven to be the position which runs most decoys runs can create space for our backs to attack.
Leading to Tom and Jake being happy that their brother is starting after they were left filthy with Manly staff after Schuster resigned without earning it knowing that was Ben's spot.
Thoughts?

Just got another view on how we can play Schuster for 2024 and the foreseeable future. As most of you all say that Jake doesn't have the leg speed, mobility and attacking threat of a modern day lock. But I also believe like Schuster doesn't have the physical capabilities to be starting lock. But I'm posing the idea that we play Schuster off the bench coming on after the physical barrier in the first 20 minutes and plays that ball playing roaming lock role for remaining 60 minutes.

• His passing game through deception (would be great first receiver by attracting wider players)
  • Great offloader
  • Powerful runner (when he runs, if he doesn't run the ball he's dropped that simple)
  • His physical toughness of running outside in lines for sweeping backs around the back of him not him wanting centre to run the tough hard lines for him.
  • His defensive decisions when halfbacks are running plays at him. This will be nullified if he is defending in the middle of the field where he has a lot less space to occupy and won't be exposed for his poor decision making.
  • His fitness (if he is only playing 60 minutes or less that will mean he can stay in the game and play at a higher intensity for those 60 minutes instead of 40 minutes where he's on fire then 40 minutes just trying to get through to the 80.
  • His lack of hit ups - now I know a few of you will go yea if you want him to play that roaming ruck role for 60 minutes he's got to have to have hit ups and yes I agree. If he doesn't learn to take at least 8-10 hit ups a game for 80 meters he just not going to get picked in the 17 that simple.
  • His lack of ability to get involved - with Schuster playing either left edge or five eight he has been stuck on one side of the park - if he's playing that bench lock role this forces him to constantly get his hands on the ball as he is the first receiver.
I know there will also be people out there saying that we can't be having an 800k player starting on the bench that just can't happen. But it's to do what's best for the team in the scenario we have. 60 minutes' on the bench in the middle of the park with hands all over the ball is more then enough time for him to make the impact we need from him. If he succeeds in this role he can then have the potential opportunity to start. But atm i feel that physical barrage in the first 20 minute's will wear him away and with his current fitness levels he isn't quite at that stage yet, but I would love for him to prove me wrong.

Schuster moving to this role also helps out the team through Jake although first 20 minutes technically playing lock where mobility and speed doesn't really matter because everyone is fresh he can then switch into the prop position which he is.
As well as Burbo who will increase in size run for around 120 metres a game, run those tight hard lines as well running plenty of decoy runs as left edge back row is statistically proven to be the position which runs most decoys runs can create space for our backs to attack.
Leading to Tom and Jake being happy that their brother is starting after they were left filthy with Manly staff after Schuster resigned without earning it knowing that was Ben's spot.
Thoughts?
I think he should play on an edge for 80 minutes and toughen up. Do the basics well and contribute to a team performance by sticking to his role and the game plan. If he can’t do that consistently next year, I think we should try and release him for 2025 and onwards.

This is professional sport so no more excuses and no more trying to manage his role. He is well paid regardless of whether 600k or 800k. Do your job or pack your bags.

• Great offloader

Thoughts?

Tom needs to earn the right to be filthy by staying on the field.

• Great offloader

Thoughts?
Absolutely spot on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8