The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Letting go Foz and now Latu for Schuster has to be one of the all time biggest mistakes the club has made. Not only letting these guys go but signing Schuster on a massive contract with no performance clauses is a disaster knowing his application issues.

We let foran go for the golden boot. He might be old but he had more ticker than this bloke.
Agree but Manly needed more creativity. I used to say to all around me that Foran was our next long term captain. Led by example and had respect of all around him until that day he left. But I strongly believe Manly would not have been any better off on the table this year if Foran was here.
Next year, its Brooks' turn.

Letting go Foz and now Latu for Schuster has to be one of the all time biggest mistakes the club has made. Not only letting these guys go but signing Schuster on a massive contract with no performance clauses is a disaster knowing his application issues.
You would love to think the Club has performance clauses in this case. Latu maybe overpriced today but in two years maybe cheap. Time will tell.

How do you know he doesn’t have any “performance clauses” in his contract?Plenty of word around that he does have clauses,it’s just not being portrayed that way by certain media folk who are working on behalf of other interests

Really think that Shu just has to have a more direct running game and no more hesitation type approach to make things so easy for opposition defences to shut him down and stifle his outside supports .
Should be still more then capable fully fit and focused to trouble any opposition taking on the line and again more directly and promptly .
D C E has markedly improved his attacking effectiveness this season by largely eliminating that occasional hesitation , stop start , overthinking approach .
Most opposition defences are too well drilled not to make easy pickings of a staggered type of attacking style .
Still gives some indication of not being match fit enough and may still have to lose a couple of kgs but even if this does hopefully occur , can still remain a big lad by footy standards and with that undoubted natural ability and power , should be able to come to the fore again .
Not so much wishful thinking but just based on what he has shown in the past footy prowess wise and what he should be able to show again with the required adjustments .

How do you know he doesn’t have any “performance clauses” in his contract?Plenty of word around that he does have clauses,it’s just not being portrayed that way by certain media folk who are working on behalf of other interests

Well I hope your right and there are. Everything I’ve seen has not hinted that there is. For our sake I hope there is

I promise, people will be glad we stuck by him and vice versa next season. You all will see.
Lets all hope that happens, Schuster's not going anywhere anyways, no one would want him at the money he's on now anyway and can't see him asking for a release. So we need to approach Josh as a bit of a project build starting this weekend then into the off season leading into rd 1 in Las Vegas.

Really think that Shu just has to have a more direct running game and no more hesitation type approach to make things so easy for opposition defences to shut him down and stifle his outside supports .
Should be still more then capable fully fit and focused to trouble any opposition taking on the line and again more directly and promptly .
D C E has markedly improved his attacking effectiveness this season by largely eliminating that occasional hesitation , stop start , overthinking approach .
Most opposition defences are too well drilled not to make easy pickings of a staggered type of attacking style .
Still gives some indication of not being match fit enough and may still have to lose a couple of kgs but even if this does hopefully occur , can still remain a big lad by footy standards and with that undoubted natural ability and power , should be able to come to the fore again .
Not so much wishful thinking but just based on what he has shown in the past footy prowess wise and what he should be able to show again with the required adjustments .
Schuster as we know has so much talent it’s bitterly disappointing that his form has spiralled.
I thought it was the responsibility of the coaching staff to ensure he is fully fit to be selected.
Hopefully, next year we see a rejuvenated Schuster, and returns to the form we know he can display.

I thought it was the responsibility of the coaching staff to ensure he is fully fit to be selected.
It's the responsibility of the coaching staff to provide programs and facilites to help players achieve the fitness needed to play NRL.
It's the responsibility of the coaching staff to select players for NRL who have the fitness needed to play NRL.
But it is the responsiblity of the player to achieve that level of fitness. If they want to play NRL.

A players place for success depends on two things
the head space the player is in
and the environment he is in

We have seen many times talented players that have failed to live up to expectations at one club
Only to be revived by another coach at another club

The moral of the story
Footy is a group sport and it always takes a group effort by players and coach for all to be successful .

Player development is rarely linear especially for creative players

What choice do we have now but to back him?
Agreed. As much as I have been pi$$ed off and disappointed in Schu's trajectory the last couple of seasons, we have really backed ourselves into a corner. The other option of off-loading him and paying somebody else part of his wage, (with the chance he may come good eventually), is just out of the question... we can only hope he finds some inner desire and resilience, and is prepared to turn it around through hard work. The club has to support him as best they can towards this end, while also putting in strong boundaries and consequences (no Latrell treatment).

I imagine Mestrov and Seibold are watching this situation with interest:

There are some parallels with the Schuster situation. But at least Schuster is getting some clear signals that his position in the team is not a given, nor is playing in his favourite position.

I imagine Mestrov and Seibold are watching this situation with interest:

There are some parallels with the Schuster situation. But at least Schuster is getting some clear signals that his position in the team is not a given, nor is playing in his favourite positioning
Agree, we at least seem to be sending clear messages that Schu will not be pampered. Good. Everyone needs boundaries… basic to healthy human functioning.

Starting rumours is not my go ... but .... the Real Estate section of the Telecrap this morning reports that Schuster has purchased an Investment Property in Mayfield Newcastle .... Hmmm.
It's a nice place.
As for any other significance? Schu will probably have 10 investment properties soon, at nice places all over the country. I guess at least he is thinking of the future unlike some young players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8