The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I hope Schuster is able to develop some more "grit" in his game. If he could, I could see him being a similar player to Jim Dymock. The thing is, he really needs to roll his sleeves up and do the dirty work. Time will tell.
Or get on the ciggies and become a Jason Smith type ball player lol

If Siebold was quoted correctly then I think Schu is as good as gone.
This post only a few hours old but 'hasn't aged well' @:D @:D @:D
(Don't worry it's not just you, no-one can predict what's going on around here any more!!)

Anyone think that the Tartak purge might have something to do with the sudden ooohhh we better sign on now for $800K before they pull it because no other club is offering those $$. Have we screwed up here and could've got him for $650K.
Yeah I don't think anyone was willing to stump up what were paying him. Fact that tigers passed on him... should have left 650k on table. Good luck getting more elsewhere.

Given that we win 70% of games when Tom plays ...... Every single player ... including Daffy Duck and Gonzo ... have great results when Tom is in the team and switched on ...

In fact ... I reckon even I would get great results playing in a team with Tom firing ... Fair Dinkum even @Ryan would get great results when Tom is in the team and switched on ...

According to your logic we only need Arthurs & Johns in the halves, Harper & Parker in the centres, Tui & Ray Ray on the wings andWoods & Kelma in the forwards and as long as Turbo plays, we win 70% of these matches.

Of course Keppie would be captain coach.

U wet dreaming again.

From what we know of Brooks, he was keen to get out of the Tigers for a while now (he wanted to join the Knights last year). I don’t believe he was ever going to stay on with them but his preference was to stay in Sydney so yeah personally I feel there is a chance he would be happy to play hooker in our team.

I just feel like if we’re willing to give Schuster $800k per year then we haven’t completely ruled him out of being a spine player as yet.
Sounds like he’ll play lock from his quotes in this article.
Schuster eyes Manly captaincy after signing three-year, $2.4m extension

‘A service in the middle’ ‘play left’ ‘play right’ - sounds like the ball playing lock role. He could be fantastic with ball in hand, I just hope he isn’t gassed from all the defending. Also worth noting that the middle is physically demanding but easier in terms of reading the attack. He won’t have to make defensive decisions like he does at 6 and that’s been his biggest issue. Could be a good fit.

‘A service in the middle’ ‘play left’ ‘play right’ - sounds like the ball playing lock role. He could be fantastic with ball in hand, I just hope he isn’t gassed from all the defending. Also worth noting that the middle is physically demanding but easier in terms of reading the attack. He won’t have to make defensive decisions like he does at 6 and that’s been his biggest issue. Could be a good fit.
Something that could be on the cards potentially be thinking in attack he plays 13 but in defence plays 12. Kinda like how Gift and Choc would switch during games

(IMO) Locks have essentially become the modern day 5/8 (second receiver) with 2 halfbacks (first reciever) managing one side of the field each. And Schuster is far more a 6 than a 7 in a traditional sense. It makes sense, and plenty have already called for the move but, it could still open our defense up through the middle if he can't attack and tackle

(IMO) Locks have essentially become the modern day 5/8 (second receiver) with 2 halfbacks (first reciever) managing one side of the field each. And Schuster is far more a 6 than a 7 in a traditional sense. It makes sense, and plenty have already called for the move but, it could still open our defense up through the middle if he can't attack and tackle
I'd maybe try and sign someone like Toby Rudolf who is off contract in 2024.
Put him next to Schu, so he can do all the tackling. He's got a massive workrate.

Schuster eyes Manly captaincy after signing three-year, $2.4m extension

I have to hand it to him, if nothing else, he's ballsy saying he'd like to be the next Captain. I'm glad he's staying and I reckon he could be a very good 13 if he knuckles down. But geeez, one thing at a time mate!

I have to hand it to him, if nothing else, he's ballsy saying he'd like to be the next Captain. I'm glad he's staying and I reckon he could be a very good 13 if he knuckles down. But geeez, one thing at a time mate!
Back To The Future GIF

Manly doing their signings in the last 24 hours.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8