The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

I will take first half Schuster - mistakes and all, any day of the week. He is young and offered plenty of x-factor. Had some excellent plays and nearly made something out of nothing on several other plays. But he needs to learn from the mistakes.

Second half Schuster was garbage, like he was playing concussed. Stifling all the sweeping plays to his left, dying with the ball, chips to noone.

So long as he dedicates himself to his craft then he will come good and be a true 80 minute player for us.

Last edited:
Remember beginning of the year a lot of players (not just from Manly) were cramping during games. As their match fitness builds we are seeing that less and less. For Schu it is still really the beginning of the season. Another month of games and I reckon he'll be where he needs to be.

Still doesn't look fit to me. Has an odd shape and looks like he still needs some time in the weight room. Tried hard but unfortunately ran out of ideas in the second half although the players around him didn't help by not running onto the ball or having some structure in readiness for some backline plays.

Schuster is a bit like Cliffy, great vision, ideas, skill and what he really needs is to get his fitness levels up and also to play behind a pack that dominates and getting crisp service from dummy half.

He also needs players who read him well. That's what Burbo did in the juniors. That's what Menzies did with Cliffy. they both rely on good supports who are ready for what's otherwise unexpected. The team need time to adjust. Its not just about Schuster

He also needs players who read him well. That's what Burbo did in the juniors. That's what Menzies did with Cliffy. they both rely on good supports who are ready for what's otherwise unexpected. The team need time to adjust. Its not just about Schuster

It’s bloody sad that Burbo keeps getting injured because he has been coming along nicely. Spot on 🐻 they could be lethal together if given time.

Agree, but considering the money shu is on it would be great if he worked on his defence.He can be bloody lazy at times The more players we have in our side trying to lead the way the more support each player will have. Natural progression. Makes sense yea? We have 3 top players out at the moment, now we need at least 3 others to put their hand up. That’s how the good teams do it. That’s why we are not consistent. I feel we are back in the win one and lose two rut again.

It’s bloody sad that Burbo keeps getting injured because he has been coming along nicely. Spot on 🐻 they could be lethal together if given time.
Yeah, I felt this season was going to be his year, bulked up a bit in the off season and primed for a big break out year. Now with 2 hamstring injuries both not far apart, it's going to be a decent wait till we see Burbo again. Such is the footy gods.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2