The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was nice seeing his no-look passes finding their man and creating genuine threats rather than just sloppy garbage that put us on the back foot. Reminded me of his debut.

He's definitely back in form.

It was nice seeing his no-look passes finding their man and creating genuine threats rather than just sloppy garbage that put us on the back foot. Reminded me of his debut.

He's definitely back in form.

No different to Cliffy. It took time for other players to put themselves into positions where he was likely to pass. Its as much the fault of support players as Schuster. That's why it looked so good with Burbo. If Burbo had not been on his shoulder his passes would have seemed like you suggest, sloppy garbage. When you have someone with genuine ball playing skills, it is up to the rest of the team to be ready for the unexpected.

Very happy for Schu (and Manly) that he had such a great game, but I don't buy the line that he'd be far better if he'd been 5/8 for the last 2 years. You could equally argue that those last 2 years taught him crucial lessons about the toughness and dedication required to succeed at NRL level.
Anyway, fingers crossed it's all onward and upward from here, he's a unique talent, no question.
We’ll never know.

It looked to me like play was structured around Schuster’s no look behind the decoy runner passes every time we went left, compared to previous games where sometimes his passes looked random & went to nobody.

A good sign IMO, as it means they’ve been training that move.

I expect he’ll start running the ball himself every 3rd or 4th time to avoid becoming predictable & to put the opposition in 2 minds.

Set up three tries. Thats what we've been missing since Jamie Lyons retired.
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons

Do we need to pin this somewhere? Not directed at you personally Bear. Long standing very odd problem.

Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons

Do we need to pin this somewhere? Not directed at you personally Bear. Long standing very odd problem.

They were master ball players, esp Cliffy. Alan Thompson wasn't bad either.

Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons

Paddle Pop Lion
Paddle Pop Lyon
Paddle Pop Lyons

I expect he’ll start running the ball himself every 3rd or 4th time to avoid becoming predictable & to put the opposition in 2 minds.
This. He needs to add a dummy and run for variety. Sometimes a kick to the winger. They will keep standing off him. Going to create so much space for Turbo. They can't double mark either player now

Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons

Jamey lyon
Cliffie Lyons

(channelling @Terry Zarsoff here...)

What I like he how deep his digs into the line, then still looks like he has all the time in the world to create space not only on his out side but inside and the out the back pass.

Plus he still has his running game which is another threat in itself.

Also liked how he combined with DCE on the same side.

Like any half, he is going to miss the occasional tackle but i feel his talent more than makes up for it. 3 try assists ( probably 4 really as he was the one that created the space for Tom to put Garrick over)

At 21 years old, he has it all ahead of him.

Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons
Jamie Lyon
Cliffy Lyons

Can we throw in:
Russel Gartner (correct)
Russell Gartner (incorrect)

Graham Eadie (correct)
Grahame Eadie (incorrect)
Graeme Eadie (incorrect)

Alan Thompson (correct)
Allan Thompson (incorrect)

Ian Thomson (correct)
Ian Thompson (incorrect)

Terry Randall (correct)
Terry Randell (incorrect)

Any others? Yes!

Cooper Johns (correct)
Cooper John’s (incorrect)

Lachlan Crocker (incorrect)
Lachlan Croker (correct)

John Bucknall (correct)
John Bucknell (incorrect)

Last edited:
What I like he how deep his digs into the line, then still looks like he has all the time in the world to create space not only on his out side but inside and the out the back pass.

Plus he still has his running game which is another threat in itself.

Also liked how he combined with DCE on the same side.

Like any half, he is going to miss the occasional tackle but i feel his talent more than makes up for it. 3 try assists ( probably 4 really as he was the one that created the space for Tom to put Garrick over)

At 21 years old, he has it all ahead of him.
100%..like to see him do some no look dummy's to Tommy and go himself every now and then, keep them guessing. wow..what a weapon we have.

100%..like to see him do some no look dummy's to Tommy and go himself every now and then, keep them guessing. wow..what a weapon we have.
After Schu's performance on Thursday nite Andrew Johns thinks he could become the best player in the game. Reckons he spoke to Schu after the game and told him the next stage of his development is his running game, told him to watch lots of videos of Thurston.
Apparently as a kid Schu loved Melbourne Storm and his favourite player was Billy Slater!
(this from channel 9 footy show)

Can we throw in:
Russel Gartner (correct)
Russell Gartner (incorrect)

Graham Eadie (correct)
Grahame Eadie (incorrect)
Graeme Eadie (incorrect)

Alan Thompson (correct)
Allan Thompson (incorrect)

Ian Thomson (correct)
Ian Thompson (incorrect)

Terry Randall (correct)
Terry Randell (incorrect)

Any others? Yes!

Cooper Johns (correct)
Cooper John’s (incorrect)
Sean kpi

After Schu's performance on Thursday nite Andrew Johns thinks he could become the best player in the game. Reckons he spoke to Schu after the game and told him the next stage of his development is his running game, told him to watch lots of videos of Thurston.
Apparently as a kid Schu loved Melbourne Storm and his favourite player was Billy Slater!
(this from channel 9 footy show)
So his loyalty could be a concern.;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4