The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Blucky's story mainly sounds fair dinkum.
Except the bicycle part. Not sure why but I always imagined Des would be on a motorbike.

1662947017754.png

You are quoting Hershel Walker??? Maybe you should have googled the guy first, he has said some of the most embarrassing things of any senate candidate in recent memory, and in current US politics that is saying something. Not to mention the serious DV allegations.

We all say some of the most silly things and we also say some of the most sensible things

I quoted Hershel Walker on one of his sensible sayings

IF YOU TRAIN HARD
YOU WILL NOT ONLY BE HARD
YOU WILL BE HARD TO BEAT !

Yeah but the fact he said it adds no weight.You could have just said it yourself. It would make as much sense without any mention of him. Even if you had not used capitals and just used lower case the way everyone else has to.

This quote is wise and true... "I think we agree, the past is over."
But the same guy said stuff like "They misunderestimated me." and "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
Point being, you're smart enough and have enough life experiece yourself to share your own thoughts, so forget the constant quoting of others! (Please)

I was walking up to Long Reef headland with my coffee this morning, and at the top, I was Messrs. Hasler, Singe and The Shoe doing hill sprints (well Des wasn't running, he was on his bike.)

So either Des is leaving to go to another club, and taking Josh with him, or all three of them have a very strong commitment to getting Josh ready for next season. I will go with the latter.

Des was looking pretty fit by the way. Josh was blowing a gasket, but I am guessing that they were pushing him harder than themselves.
You should have taken a video or pic..😛

I was walking up to Long Reef headland with my coffee this morning, and at the top, I was Messrs. Hasler, Singe and The Shoe doing hill sprints (well Des wasn't running, he was on his bike.)

So either Des is leaving to go to another club, and taking Josh with him, or all three of them have a very strong commitment to getting Josh ready for next season. I will go with the latter.

Des was looking pretty fit by the way. Josh was blowing a gasket, but I am guessing that they were pushing him harder than themselves.

Thanks for that. I was wondering if anyone from the club was helping him or joining him in his extra fitness activities.

Well I was definitely there (about 7:15 after dropping off my daughter at the bus stop for school). Des, Donny and Josh were also definitely there. I think they had just done some running up the steps from the point and Josh was blowing hard. Donny and Josh had a breather and ran on towards Dee Why, while Des got his lid on, got back on his bike and cycled after them.
Let us know if you see him again. Imagine if some fans start turning up to run alongside him or cheer him on, it could become something of an inspiration for young Schu!

I hope that the Schu and in fact all of them are running up and down sandhills this summer as much as pumping iron in the gym. We lacked the fitness to run the full 80 min as was so evident in most games. The main problem is that it's not necessarily the training that you do but what you do when you're not training that counts. All very well running up and down Long Reef but if lunch is at Mona Vale KFC then , well , we all know the rest i.e Suli.

Last edited:
I hope that the Schu and in fact all of them are running up and down sandhills this summer as much as pumping iron in the gym. We lacked the fitness to run the full 80 min as was so evident in most games.
A very tough off season training regime worked for the Cowboys this year - Todd Payten:

“I thought we had enough ability, we had some inexperience and I just thought we were losing games in periods of matches rather than moments. We needed to toughen our guys up mentally and physically and we just challenged them day after day. We threw some curve balls at them at different stages. We’ve got Castle Hill here — we ran up that three times without any warning. We got them in really early in the mornings for two reasons; to beat the heat is one and the other is to make them a little uncomfortable about time management, getting out of bed and preparing for training. We did a lot of contact, a lot of tackling and we just made them do things that they didn’t want to do day after day. At the moment it’s showing that it worked.”

I don’t follow the players on social media but saw some vision of the Shoe lifting weights in the last few days , with some sort of comment like “ no time for holidays a lot of work to do before next season “.

I reckon he knows he’s got a big job to do.

I don’t follow the players on social media but saw some vision of the Shoe lifting weights in the last few days , with some sort of comment like “ no time for holidays a lot of work to do before next season “.

He knows it's make or break time next season for him. He's got 1 shot at it because if he fails next year then it's off to the knackery.

yep... 1kg dumbbell squats... gonna be a monster 😂
305929363_1734408490252773_2363851808028588499_n.jpg

yes im just having a bit of a laugh. Good on him

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8