The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Schuster is the least of our worries. If foran would give him early good ball its a different story not this predictable short ball **** where he has to crash every time. Defence is not a worry for him either he has something like 100 tackles in the last 3 games and has missed 2...

His mistakes always come from trying to do something out of nothing I mean what else is he suppose to do be happy getting flogged every week but making sure he played safe error free footy?

Im happy he's trying something new out there because foran and Evans are definitely not...

Not expecting a super star but I expect him to listen to the coach and control the ball. This is the reason Des won't put him to 5/8. Its not harsh, he has been good defensively but has had way too many mistakes!!! I'm excited about his development and glad he is getting game time but if he wants to claim the 5/8 jersey then he needs to pull his head in and stop throwing the ball away uts that simple!
Throwing the ball away? Oh yeah like most of the team!

I'd have him at 13
Defence is ok for a Newby, can ball play and kick. Would back up any break and it's off the back of breaks where he will shine .
Probably good if he could have a go at 13 but then the rest of the pack balance affected a bit . Jake would have to go to prop , but think that at present , need maximum go forward with Paseka , Marty , Alioia and i would now certainly add Sipley Not to say that Jake would not go well as a prop but again maybe the balance may be not ideal then . So if Schuster is not going to play 6 ahead of Foz , looks like continuing as an edge forward .

Not expecting a super star but I expect him to listen to the coach and control the ball. This is the reason Des won't put him to 5/8. Its not harsh, he has been good defensively but has had way too many mistakes!!! I'm excited about his development and glad he is getting game time but if he wants to claim the 5/8 jersey then he needs to pull his head in and stop throwing the ball away uts that simple!
Des wouldn’t even have him in the team if it wasn’t for all the injuries !!! At 19 he has held his own and playing out of position because the coach is a total dinosaur fckwit !!!!

Imagine topping the tackle count in 2 of your FIRST 4 games of nrl and someone tells you your getting a free ride...
Any other 19 year old 5/8s out there that can do that? Wake up to yourself would ya if he had talent around him they wouldn't be mistakes instead it would look like how luai plays upfront no bs footy and everyone reading off what he's doing not just standing around like muppets...Parker Garrick foran my goodness josh needs a miracle out there...

Imagine topping the tackle count in 2 of your FIRST 4 games of nrl and someone tells you your getting a free ride...
Any other 19 year old 5/8s out there that can do that? Wake up to yourself would ya if he had talent around him they wouldn't be mistakes instead it would look like how luai plays upfront no bs footy and everyone reading off what he's doing not just standing around like muppets...Parker Garrick foran my goodness josh needs a miracle out there...
Imagine being Garrick and topping our metres gained 2 out of 4 weeks but everyone calls for you to be dropped. Just saying. People pick and choose who to criticise. If it was Foran or Chez or Croker making the mistakes Schuster has made then everyone would be calling for his head.

The Shoe is an instinctive player. Every time he gets the ball he is trying to do something attacking. He is one of the few players in our team that has any flair and footy-nous.
Yes, he'll make errors but he is currently playing out of position, he's not getting any time or space to move, and he is still just 19.
He will be a star, but he will need better support acts.

Imagine being Garrick and topping our metres gained 2 out of 4 weeks but everyone calls for you to be dropped. Just saying. People pick and choose who to criticise. If it was Foran or Chez or Croker making the mistakes Schuster has made then everyone would be calling for his head.
Just my opinion on balance DCE Croker,Parker,Suli and Garrick have much more to answer for in terms of errors than Schu and many more years of experience.As someone said He is a Rolls Royce being used as a delivery van .Why he wasnt put into the centers when Jetski came on is a mystery to me .Time has to be up for Croker Parker and Garrick .It was clear when Cust came on we looked more direct and a bit faster.But the guy has to start at 9 not come on as relief for someone when the game is gone and who really isnt up to it under any measure.I just hope that when Tom comes back that Walker is back into the centers instead of Parker ,Suli gets some early ball and if not Suli that Funa or Tupolito gets picked in the back line As the incumbents just arent up to it.
Very frustrating to watch ,surely the coaching staff see the same things as us pie eaters do ? .As I and others have said ,I would much rather watch talented young players drop the ball and make mistakes as they learn to be better than the same talent-less hacks who have had more than enough time to showcase their wares and who time after time over the last what is it 15 games or so have come up very short of the mark. I feel if we pick a few people back in position and bring some youth in we may not win but we will see some green shoots ,rather than a barren landscape and tumble weeds blowing thru the in-goal where we are supposed to score try's.
Go Manly

Playing against one of the best and well drilled packs in the comp and with a very capable player like Liam Martin on the bench . Tough gig for any young but very talented up and comer , did not do too bad against the Dragons , tough opposition again last night , undeniable high quality skill and ability level , He 'll be fine and can only get better with experience at back row or 6 and once his side can regularly get on the front foot and some better atacking opportunities . Didn 't lack any defensive resolve last night also
Liam Martin was the one who stood on the back of Schuster's outstretched hand after a tackle in the back end of the second half.

I like Schuster, however he is trying too hard. Foran was the same, first time up and over a matter of time the experience came.

Schuster's main failure ATM is his attempt to "bat on", Rugby style to his winger. Hasn't worked yet and needs a lot more practice before he brings it out if the bag again.

I would prefer him to play 13; he can take it up as far as Jake and probably has better distribution techniques. He can play the 80.

Front row, for mine, would be Jake, Cust and Paseka/Aloiai

Your criticism is somewhat harsh for our top tackler, playing out of position, 19 yr old and played only 4 NRL games. Would whoever he replaced have played/tackled as good as if not better than him? I think not.

Give him a break and focus on some other players with a lot more games under their belt where criticism is definitely warranted.

Disagree. Been one of our only shining lights so far this season. Had a bad game yesterday coz he overplayed his hand and got targeted in defence. But last two games, he's actually tried to create something in attack because our halves are clueless. Obviously for him he doesn't pay off all the time, but you can see as our only threat in the edges, he is actually trying.

So Foran, DCE & Croker haven’t made as many errors as Schuster. Don’t know what games you’ve been watching mate. BTW everyone is calling for their heads! You seem to stick up for ineffective players & bag effective players.

So Foran, DCE & Croker haven’t made as many errors as Schuster. Don’t know what games you’ve been watching mate. BTW everyone is calling for their heads! You seem to stick up for ineffective players & bag effective players.
I never said they haven't made mistakes. I'm saying if you call them out for making mistakes then why is Schuster not getting called out for his. You kinda just proved my point for me ;)

I never said they haven't made mistakes. I'm saying if you call them out for making mistakes then why is Schuster not getting called out for his. You kinda just proved my point for me ;)
A rookie in a cellar dweller team in his fourth game, coming back from injury , out of position did make a couple of errors. YES he should be cut some slack FFS

Keep questioning the golden child ... and you will become as popular as me ... but to take the pressure off you a bit ... I will add that last year I started a thread saying the no look pass was a numbnut play and he should get it out of his game ... but it looks like it is his subconcious go to play ... it won't end well ..

But, the kid has shown he will be a very very good player for years to come ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4