The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wasn't there a rumour on here that he will be missing for 6 weeks or so?

Hope it's only just a rumour tbh!
Nothing like a good rumour to stir the sht out of everyone feathered friend

Have you got anything else to post on here so you can piss every one off ? :)

Injuries are injuries and players can’t be blamed for those.

But the narrative sort of suggests he’s been lazy in his rehab and not committed to getting back sooner rather than later.

At $800k ( if true ) I’d expect better.

And yes blame his manager , who pumped him up , made huge demands , and added to that with the narrative around pulling out of the World Cup, however for Josh the buck doesn’t stop with the manager , it stops fairly and squarely with him.

It’s a harsh , cruel world out there , and that can be very tough on a young bloke but the game is littered with players who’s potential never eventuated, and I fear we might have one of those in the making.

However I sincerely hope not , so fingers crossed.

Dce is captain and stating facts Kid needs to work. Talent gets you only so far.
Our club has invested alot on kid and by looks of his salary, being moved to preferred 6 its time and there some frustation there.
He needs to step up we moved on a club legend, potential you can only live on for so long.

I'm disappointed to hear his pay packet (if true that is) 800k well overpaid for what he has shown. I can see talent but his work ethic sucks. Very poor roster/salary cap management if true

I dont think so feathered friend

Put the Shu on the open market and he is off quicker than a Brides Knickers
There will be at least 12 clubs after his services
Sure, but he would be suited to a lot of other clubs with strong defensive structures in place but lacking an attacking spark. We have the same problem as the titans. A bunch of highly paid players that love the highlight reels but don't want to do the hard work (minus Jake).

In this situation, Schuster has been dropped from the side because he isn't fit enough to play at NRL level right now. It's as simple as that. He is overweight (again), unmotivated (again) and his fitness levels are more suited to park football than the levels expected of an elite 800K per annum NRL player. It's time for him to quite literally shape up or ship out.

I don't know who our medical staff is but blind freddy could see he wasn't fit against the Tigers.

Sure, but he would be suited to a lot of other clubs with strong defensive structures in place but lacking an attacking spark. We have the same problem as the titans. A bunch of highly paid players that love the highlight reels but don't want to do the hard work (minus Jake).
This is where the coaching staff are accountable
All Bellamy and Bennett coaching types instil discipline in their squad of players

Injuries are injuries and players can’t be blamed for those.

But the narrative sort of suggests he’s been lazy in his rehab and not committed to getting back sooner rather than later.

At $800k ( if true ) I’d expect better.

And yes blame his manager , who pumped him up , made huge demands , and added to that with the narrative around pulling out of the World Cup, however for Josh the buck doesn’t stop with the manager , it stops fairly and squarely with him.

It’s a harsh , cruel world out there , and that can be very tough on a young bloke but the game is littered with players who’s potential never eventuated, and I fear we might have one of those in the making.

However I sincerely hope not , so fingers crossed.
Hey Mark, what's the go on some players contract $'s being known and others not known. funny isn't it, the bigger the sign on the more it's ushed up and shrouded in mystery. Could be they don't want any potential fan backlash maybe ?

Hey Mark, what's the go on some players contract $'s being known and others not known. funny isn't it, the bigger the sign on the more it's ushed up and shrouded in mystery. Could be they don't want any potential fan backlash maybe ?
Good point

And of course lots of conjecture, who knows what’s true and what’s not.

I do know that DCE has a TPA associated with his salary , I think it might be Fox Sports.

I hope he can get himself right. He is a weapon when he is on, our attack looks totally different. He was one of the main reasons I feel Tom had so much space in 2021, he really knows how to create holes for Tom.
In the back row he was excellent , whilst others disagree I haven’t seen much of him playing 5/8 that shows the same.

How long is he signed too? If his on $800k and not playing much football due to injuries and commitment Manly can't go and resign him on more money or the same if we aren't getting value for money. The club cannot afford another Turbo every year.

How long is he signed too? If his on $800k and not playing much football due to injuries and commitment Manly can't go and resign him on more money or the same if we aren't getting value for money. The club cannot afford another Turbo every year.
The Tissue brothers , on about 2 million between them ( apparently ).

Name me another side who has the same issues ?

Never fear feathered friend

We can handle this

We are a very resilient club :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11