The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My observation as an sausage-eating observer is that players with 'average' bodies are less prone to injuries. I give you Cameron Smith and DCE as examples.
It may seem counter-intuitive but the more muscles you have the greater the chance of muscle injury.
As a counter I have an average body and have snapped an achilles, destroyed my meniscus, and dislocated my shoulder. Are you now saying I am actually an adonis? Please if so can I get you in contact with my wife to correct her opinion of me

From Seibs pressr released this morning, it seems they are taking a conservative approach with Schu and his quad strain by ruling him out early in the week.
As he said, it's a long season and they need Schu fully fit as he is an important part of the team.

Imo bully or sipley offer more there than Aloiai

The point I was making is that, in my opinion, we need middle forwards (whoever they may be) to run hard, make plenty of metres and get the team on the front foot... and if they can ball-play on top of that, then that's great. But I think we'll have problems if we have middle forwards who do the latter more than the former.

I don’t mind him having another week really. It’s an extremely long and gruelling season and if he is still not 100% there is not point flogging him this early in the year in his career.
I understand he has had plenty of injuries that’s sidelined him so far but I think it’s the most sensible thing to do by managing his body.
He will get some consistency in stringing some games together but just will come with time.
I totally get that, however these young kids are also commanding big $$, which makes it a little hard to cop

But what do we do next week if Weekes has an absolute blinder ....

Unfortunately Weekes is having an absolute stinker and making Johns look like a tough defender.

Even you will have to agree Woody that Manly needs Schu playing at 5/8th to have any chance in 2023.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Weekes is having an absolute stinker and making Johns look like a tough defender.

Even you will have to agree Woody that Manly needs Schu playing at 5/8th to have any chance in 2023.
Schu playing??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Is that an oxymoron?

Why you persist with your delusion that I am anti the Golden slipper .... I don't know ... I have acknowledged his talent and potential in just about every post I've made ...

But in the interest of bi-lateral relations I will respond to your statement ..

No, we need more than him just playing ... that is what he has been doing ... and been underwhelming in several important aspects of his game ... what we need is for him to be the player you think he is ...

Thing is many players in the game have used the 'no look' pass in the past. Good grief I used to do it half a century ago in touch football. Its nothing new. Its only noted because of watching Schuster and Burbo doing it so well in the juniors. It became his iconic moment that we all recall. He's very good at it because he has such soft hands passing. It sits up waiting. Just needs others to be ready because its the unexpected that often wins matches

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8