The new generation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

earl

Bencher
I just read an article about a young girl forced to perform sexual acts on a gang of boys. They filmed the whole thing and are now selling the DVD in schools around Melbourne. The girl is mentally disabled.

Now , it wasnt that long ago when i was a teenager . There is no way known me , or any of my mates would even contemplate doing such an act. Girls were to be respected and be treated with dignity.

What the **** has happened? Is this a cultural thing , are these kids getting of too lightly so there is no real deterence. Police almost seem powerless and the kids know this. WIll this escalate or are there options for stopping this.

I wont start on Capital Punishment as I am all for it in certain cases. Milat- Dead
Bryant- Dead
Skaf- Dead
If something isnt done shortly I think the Cronulla riots will be a minnow compared to what may come next

We need to punish these kids , and their parents. A parent of one the boys involved laughed it off. With role modles like that , no wonder their kids are assholes.

My name is Earl and thats my two cents.

I saw a bit about this on TV this morning (not about the disabled girl though) It is probably a flow on from the gangs in England (slappers I think they are called) who film their attacks on homless people etc. As you say Earl if it is not stopped soon who knows where it will lead.

Imo it is caused by the errosion of police powers and the general decline of the leagal system with magistrates way to soft on criminals.

she wasn't disabled, she had a few minor learning difficulties.

AFAIK she wasnt actually forced, but was ashamed that it got out and where it is at now

All I am saying is dont believe the hyp. What the guys did was low that is for sure, but she wasn't a completely unwilling participant. Media Hype is just that.

Earl, are you saying that NOONE of your generation would have done it if they had access to cheap technology?

Come on!

But if thats ok with you guys and demoloshing a house run down by bludgers is not , then that will do me.

My point is you can't label an entire generation because of the actions of a few. Not sure how old you are earl but I'd imagine I could find 4 35 year olds (my age) who would do something like that.

If their parents "laughed it off" as you say, are their parents not of your generation?

I haven't seen the incident to know what is hype and what is not.

Earl, are you saying that NOONE of your generation would have done it if they had access to cheap technology?

Come on!

This is a big point I think, a lot of things come out in the open these days because every Tom, Dick and Harry has a mobile phone with a camera or something similar and there is CCTV in just about every public place.

You can't generalise about generations, do you blame the kids for doing it? The parents for bringing up **** kids? The grandparents for raising their kids to become **** parents? And so on.

What generation are you Earl, because aids wasnt something that came about from my generation. neither was S&M, Golden Showers, Snuff, Murder, Rape, Sodomy, Carnal knowledge, Spousal Abuse, hey we havent even invented new drugs!

its a big wide world mate dont get tunnel vision and specifically not with a telegraph point of view.

Hell man I have been to parties with people a lot older than me where a bit of hair lighting goes on!

What's a golden shower?

when a guy or a girl urinates on the other person. golden shower for quite obvious reasons> i believe the singer from garbage was into it, I remember seeing an interview where she said she likes that

No Volley ,
I didnt just get the **** out of this thread.I actually had to leave work to go home.
I see most of your points and take on board. I guess i didnt get my point across to well.I should not have used the terms culture or generation.Yes , it does generalise too much.

Most of the things you mentioned Dan are with both parties consent.
This is my main jist, if she didnt consent , then it is not on.

I guess im just sick of seeing this sort of **** happen , yes , due mainly to the ability to film it with almost any device you can buy.

Volley- I will now bow out of this thread .

I can understand Earl's disgust but things like this happen in every decade, just that there is a new way to present it today. Noone I knew growing up would consider these sorts of activities, ever, but I am sure there were plenty who did. So it is definitely not a generational thing.

Imo it is caused by the errosion of police powers and the general decline of the leagal system with magistrates way to soft on criminals.
Sorry UP, this sort of gets up my nose. Yes, they are sometimes hindered in their operations but it all comes back tp parental responsibility and instilling values. On one hand if you look at serial killers and people who commit the worst of crimes, they all had parents and they are not always to blame as some kids just turn out evil. However, and on the other hand, I think the majority of the problem is that as a community from parents to teachers, individuals didn't stand up to the thugs and sort them out early enough. It is usually as simple as that.

Stu - well said.

However, are the thugs you refer to the children or the simpering psychologists and child "experts" that have promoted a laissez faire approach to child raising over the past three decades?

I agree with Mata that bad things have happened every generation. However the filth (and I know some on this forum disagree with me on a definition of what this is) that is so easily accessible today on the net etc does a lot of harm to a certain percentage of the population. Women become objects rather than people.

Add this to many parents taking the ostrich approach to parenting and you have a generation in which boundaries are very blurred. What I see young girls wearing (and parents let them), when I see kids as young as 10 roaming the streets after midnight I know that there are problems.

Call me old fashioned but lack of boundaries and blurring of values etc is having an impact on our society.

Earl she consented, perhaps not to the hair lighting but to the sexual acts. This was not a case of rape, hence the fact that it is not being investigated as a rape.

I can understand Earl's disgust but things like this happen in every decade, just that there is a new way to present it today. Noone I knew growing up would consider these sorts of activities, ever, but I am sure there were plenty who did. So it is definitely not a generational thing.

[quote author=Utility Player]
Sorry UP, this sort of gets up my nose. Yes, they are sometimes hindered in their operations but it all comes back tp parental responsibility and instilling values. On one hand if you look at serial killers and people who commit the worst of crimes, they all had parents and they are not always to blame as some kids just turn out evil. However, and on the other hand, I think the majority of the problem is that as a community from parents to teachers, individuals didn't stand up to the thugs and sort them out early enough. It is usually as simple as that.

[/quote]

I agree with you regarding it not being a generational problem and also agree to your point about lax parenting. My point about the errosion of police powers was more along the lines of say 20 or 30 years ago if you were a teenager wandering the streets at night and the local copper caught you he would give you a boot up the arse and send you home with a stern warning (this may have been harsh most of the time) but it instilled a bit of fear/respect for the police. In these more enlightened times kids know that police can't touch them (in a lot of cases this has been tought to them by their parents) so have no fear of the police and the consequences of breaking the law which imo causes them to continue to push the envelope.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4