The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
I dont mind him if he settles down , but we are letting some go . Lawrence, myles maybe lussick and lewy brown so something must be on .

I think Lussick is a limited player that is never going to be a match winner, and his brain (or lack of) is a liability. I think there re many many players out there who could do what he offers so Im happy they gamble with someone who might have a higher up side.

I have a different view on the ins and outs............

Do we want to be premiership contenders next year?

YES - we need a new 6, another forward and and a quality outside back. We need to recruit them but there are no sounds that we will. Then it also worries me that there are a lot of outs and not many ins.

NO - Clear the decks, let all the 50/50 players go and spend big for 2019. Then lots of outs and not many ins don't bother me.

brad

First Grader
I think Lussick is a limited player that is never going to be a match winner, and his brain (or lack of) is a liability. I think there re many many players out there who could do what he offers so Im happy they gamble with someone who might have a higher up side.

YES - we need a new 6, another forward and and a quality outside back. We need to recruit them but there are no sounds that we will. Then it also worries me that there are a lot of outs and not many ins.

NO - Clear the decks, let all the 50/50 players go and spend big for 2019. Then lots of outs and not many ins don't bother me.
I think prior to 16 season and after the membership drive , that we went bang and signed a plenty . Im still 100% sure that a few will come our way . I think Thompson is a gimme and im also not giving up hope of the signature of Moylan.

D

Deleted member 26876

If we lost Lussick who would we have replace him? Strange to think we'd be considering releasing him

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
We must surely have some signings in the pipeline, given who we are letting go and who may well be let go in the next couple of months.

Surely!!

Lets see.......Baz was quoted only last Sunday as saying the squad would be roughly the same.

If it we had some irons in the fire ..............wouldn't a better or more likely response have been we are looking at ways to improve our squad, or something akin to that!

Good PR for the fans that would have been.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member

If Cronulla can win the comp with Chad Townsend in the halves we can win with Green in the halves.

So 1 mill over 4 years or 250 k all up ?
I think in addition to whatever moylan's contract is worth Panthers wanted a one-off fee of $250k to release him. That's why we are now so keen to extend Green and not offload him NZ. Sharks have probably arranged a better offer and Moylan can still have a surf.

The Who

Journey Man
And it looks like the 'Riff have extended Hook's contract to 2020. So if Moylan is at odds with him then this news will tip him over the edge.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Somehow I don't see 250K being the breaking point there's more to it. Remember Bozo and Gould are pretty tight. Finally a club is making a stand. A contract is a contract and player throwing tantrums should not be permitted to easily get out of his contract. I want him at Manly so don't get me wrong. But a NRL coach has a nightmare of a job handling huge ego's, managing young men constantly distracted and tempted to go off the rails because they can and have the financial capacity to do what they like, and having to meet the expectation of managers and supporters. It looks like Penrith don't want him to go but if he doesn't get his head straight he is a huge cap liability. I believe Penrith will let him go if he set on leaving but they will make it difficult. Frankly i am sick and tired of the hypocrisy of the NRL in policing the salary cap. They only prosecuted Parramatta because their hands were tied by the media and have persecuted Manly. Their inability to bring these investigations to a close smacks of them trying to undermine Manly's recruitment. Until their is complete CAP transparency including full disclosure of all third party agreements there is not and cannot be a level playing field and the salary CAP is a farce.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13