The most telling moment in Des's press conference today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Easily missed. Watch the whole thing. For a start Des looked a bit nervous but whatever, I guess it's a pretty big moment. The key bit is right at the end as it wraps up and Des and co stand up. Lyall says: "we have to sign this (waving the contract) for the press" Des says: "na lets do that out the back" Des is back and he's The Boss. Des doesn't take instructions from Lyall, as my great mate cf2isback pointed out.....

A

Agree, Des will quickly separate the players from the management.
Players are payed to play, not look down the camera and talk about what they think. Expect Dessie to pull the reigns on The Turbos, as they are always good for a candid camera comment
Agreed, also look forward to the Odd player media ban.

A

Agree, Des will quickly separate the players from the management.
Players are payed to play, not look down the camera and talk about what they think. Expect Dessie to pull the reigns on The Turbos, as they are always good for a candid camera comment
Also DCE's Peacock feathers will be clipped and put in his place. He will no longer have a voice on recruitment. Thank God

It will be very interesting to see where DCE fits in to the mechanations of the senior group. For sure he will be part of it, but there is no way in hell he will go all in like Barrett. I am tipping co-captains with a forward leader, and I don’t think he will burden Jake.
Maybe he recruits a forward leader a la Kennedy. What about Thommo?
I think Thommo would be good and should be used in some sort of leadership role.

Hi Guys

I think what is very interesting and relevant is that Des has been appointed as HEAD coach not just coach. It sounds like when you are re-structuring a job and you re-name a position so it doesn't conflict with the other (i.e Barrett - Coach) giving you every opportunity of making the other role (or the person you don't want) redundant !

Classic business and legal manoeuvre..

Hi Guys

I think what is very interesting and relevant is that Des has been appointed as HEAD coach not just coach. It sounds like when you are re-structuring a job and you re-name a position so it doesn't conflict with the other (i.e Barrett - Coach) giving you every opportunity of making the other role (or the person you don't want) redundant !

So many weird loopholes in the world

Hi Guys

I think what is very interesting and relevant is that Des has been appointed as HEAD coach not just coach.

Des is contracted as head coach from nov 5,
I read somewhere that quoted Lyle saying Trent will be gone before nov 5.

No conflicting contracts until nov 5 comes around I would think.

Here’s a bold prediction dce & des will have a fallout during next year.

Don't worry about the cucks who cant see a bit of humour.
They have is no intelligence, intellect or sensibility, but they do have a symbol to click to make them feel like Manly cucks.

Enjoyed your post mate.

Remember when Des met Daly? They were a $1m coach v 150k player.

Now they are 700k coach v 1.3m player. Sparks may well fly?

They have is no intelligence, intellect or sensibility, but they do have a symbol to click to make them feel like Manly cucks.

Enjoyed your post mate.

Now they are 700k coach v 1.3m player. Sparks may well fly?
Thanks eagleflys unlike that dope kevinward who definitely has no sense of humour.

Hi Guys

Yeah I don’t know about all that. I think Trent would’ve got a lot more head than Des in his day.

Enjoyed your post mate.

Now they are 700k coach v 1.3m player. Sparks may well fly?[/
Thanks eagleflys unlike that dope kevinward who definitely has no sense of humour.
yeah you got me mate... hahaha... hilarious... I just re- read your post again... it’s a farkin scream... if only I had a pinch of that intelligence, intellect and sensibility that your mate so cleverly wrote about... I might have been able to see how funny it was, so much sooner. You and @EagleFlys are deep mate...

Yeah you got me @PONTIAN SEA EAGLE mate... hahaha... hilarious... I just re-read your post again... it’s a farkin scream... if only I had a pinch of that intelligence, intellect and sensibility that your mate so cleverly wrote about... I might have been able to see how funny it was, so much sooner. You and @EagleFlys are deep mate...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6