The most bitter little man in Rugby League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's about how much I know about cricket Kiwi.  Actually with cricket, I support any other team except Australia and South Africa.

I know you deserve nothing Cliffy, but I just gave your miserable arse an applaud for that comment.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
If Matt Orford turned in a performance like Kimmorley did on Friday night the critics would be all over him.

Kimmorley has escaped any criticism.
  Maybe Orford should get a gig on NRL tactics and wow us all with his "ability to read a game"?

Now that Barrett has been called up for the Roo's train-on squad and possible 4 nations call up it will be interesting if our 'bitter little man' follows through with his selfish threat:

Ricky Stuart to fight ARL over Trent Barrett's availability
By Stuart Honeysett The Australian July 28, 2009 .

Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart could be heading for a showdown with the Australian Rugby League over the availability of Trent Barrett for the end-of-season four nations tournament to be played in England and France.

Stuart said he would not allow Barrett to take part in the tournament if selected after learning the Cronulla five-eighth had fractured his cheekbone against Melbourne Storm and was unlikely to play again this season.

His injury continues a horror season for the Sharks and Stuart said he wasn't willing to take the risk of Barrett picking up a long-term injury while on tour with the Kangaroos.

The ARL will announce a train-on squad for teams not involved in the finals series and the 22-man Australian squad to take part in the four nations tournament will be announced in October after the grand final.

Any player who is eligible for representative selection but stands down without a valid excuse can face possible suspensions from NRL games.

"He won't be available," Stuart said.

"I've hardly had Trent this year, I've missed him twice for two games after the Origin and it's not fair to my club.

"I'm not going to risk him going away and then coming back and having six months out with a knee injury or something."

I hope he wins the argument and then we can hold our guys back and get them into some sort of shape to start the season on the right foot.  Bugger these stupid end of season jaunts.

DSM5 link said:
I hope he wins the argument and then we can hold our guys back and get them into some sort of shape to start the season on the right foot.  Bugger these stupid end of season jaunts.

If a player aims for rep honours and they want them then it is selfish to deny them their goals. If they don't want them then they should be entitled to state they don't want to play, and that should cover any rep team put up by the NRL or ARL. There will be plenty of others keen to step in to their places. I can't believe how stupid the current contracts are in relation to the choices that players can and can't make.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7