The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parra will make Gutho a million dollar per season offer.
Manly can't come anywhere near that.

Good luck to King Gutho :)
This started last week because Parra offered Gutho unders and told him to take it or leave it. The Mole is inconsequential but the story is not an impossibility now.

It is the opinion of the Australian test and origin selectors that make him the best no1 in the game not mine

Tedesco is the Australian and Origin full back

Turbo is a great player I agree , but according to the experts Tedesco is a better full back
All true. But we’re a biased one-eyed bunch, so Tommy it is.@;)

I'm glad some of you aren't running the club........If Parra are offering 450k why oh why would you offer 700k?

500-550 for Gutho, if he accepts great, if he knocks as back after what we did to him....fair enough
Let’s be honest, I’d pay that much just to see the saltiness on the faces of Eels fans!!

In all honesty though I read that he was being targeted for that kind of money so I just presumed that was reasonable. That parra offer of 450K he was apparently pissed off with because it was way too low. So accounting all that, and then fact we’d have to pay a bit extra to move him, and to have him on half money (no where near this money if only planning to play him at centre) I thought 650K was decent (700K was me pushing it). There’s not many quality halves around at that price. I just think we need to go all out for a good quality half. I think it’s worth it for the potential side (yarted the potential backline of 2020 in next post below this)

To be honest this will probably end with the Eels signing him to one of their specialty four year 20 million dollar deals where he snaps his acl again and retires. However, I think he is invaluable to their team (take him out and they are a different side), and could be invaluable to us

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty are criticising Aitken but he is only 23, not too many are the finished product at that age.
He has plenty going for him, could certainly play a role for us if he ends up coming.
I can’t believe he’s only 23. WHile this is all a bit speculative and too early to say, I think he would be a good option if true. He is a bit simplistic although is very, very reliable. You need one of your centres like that otherwise you end up with an out of form dylan walker. Maybe move Garrick to other centre so we have some variety there; power/strong running vs speed and flair
Tom Trbojevic, Jorge Taufua (if he shaves his hair), Euan Aitken, Rueben Garrick, Winger #2 (Albert Hoppa if he’s ready), Five-Eighth (imo Gutho reasonably priced for a 5/8, team leader option), Daly Cherry-Evans

Last edited by a moderator:
But who is our backup whilst Turbo is injured/on rep duties ?

Teddy had the same rate of injuries in his early years.
Must be something to do with growth spurts till they turn 25 @:cool:
Definitely seems to be something about the physical maturity of these young players with many copping injuries, some reoccurring, until 24, 25 years old.
2 that are always a good test case are Benji Marshall and Sonny Boy...

Definitely seems to be something about the physical maturity of these young players with many copping injuries, some reoccurring, until 24, 25 years old.
2 that are always a good test case are Benji Marshall and Sonny Boy...
I always remember Teddy as an injury prone player and now his body has finally hardened up enough to keep him on the field.

There was a game at Campbeltown when he was a Tiger. He was coming back from injury and in his first run he somehow broke his kneecap :eek:

It's stayed with me as it was the most bizarre injury I'd ever watched from a nothing tackle.

Lets hope Turbo gets 100% well. Reports are that it's the same muscle but a different tear :tmi:

The issue is no club will pay him that kind of coin to play centre, so it's a moot point.

He has a market value of anywhere between 600-800k as a fullback. The only club that could afford to pay him 800k to run around in the centres is the Roosters. Clubs don't want that much of the cap tied up on a centre because it's not a smart investment; it's over capitalising. Unless you are Latrell Mitchell, you just aren't worth that much when you consider how much of an impact a centre has on the result. Clubs want to spend top dollar on players who touch the ball more often and influence the outcome of matches.

Gus had to release Michael Jennings and Luke Lewis years ago because of this same issue. They were Penrith's two best players but they had to go because the money they were on, meant that Penrith couldn't compete for marquee halves, hookers and fullbacks...they had very little left over to entice quality in key positions.

If we signed Gutho on 900k to play centre, we'd still have to pay Chez his % of the cap, the Trbojevic brothers, try keep young Hoppa, Fainu, Schuster, keep AFB, re-sign Taupau, and fill the other 20 or so spots under the cap...it just can't work. You can't have that kind of coin tied up on a centre and still have the money to adequately fill the other positions with quality. On the other hand, you could chase a genuine centre in Aitken for around 400k and still have another 500k to spend elsewhere.

I didn't say it was a good idea . I was simply making the point (again) that he can call himself a fullback all he likes ... it is irrelevant .... a club is only going to pay him what they think he is worth .... and play him in any position they want to .... and he will go to whichever club offers him the most coin .......

Is it scone as in gone, or
scone as in loan

???

#thebigquestions
Scones as in gone.
I had a tafe teacher (just for a bit of nostalgia....his name was Terry Cross ex- Tigers player in the 70s), anyway, I was an apprentice
at the time, and anyone that referred to them as scones as in loans would be docked points on their assessments. He gave us a history lesson from the15th century British Empire as to the origins of scones.
I had this hard bastard boss back at the bakery. If he overheard a customer ask for them the other way,he’d yell out we don’t make ‘em. Customer would then point to said product in the window, depending on time, he’d either just yell out the right pronunciation before he’d let the shop chicks sell it to them OR if they were unlucky, he’d go to the front counter and give them a history lesson on the origins of the word. The fact that he looked and acted like JWH, no one gave him shiit, including my 80kgs of wringing wet dogs body.
So there you go @globaleagle , I bet you’re glad you asked that question.:tmi::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

Scones as in gone.
I had a tafe teacher (just for a bit of nostalgia....his name was Terry Cross ex- Tigers player in the 70s), anyway, I was an apprentice
at the time, and anyone that referred to them as scones as in loans would be docked points on their assessments. He gave us a history lesson from the15th century British Empire as to the origins of scones.
I had this hard bastard boss back at the bakery. If he overheard a customer ask for them the other way,he’d yell out we don’t make ‘em. Customer would then point to said product in the window, depending on time, he’d either just yell out the right pronunciation before he’d let the shop chicks sell it to them OR if they were unlucky, he’d go to the front counter and give them a history lesson on the origins of the word. The fact that he looked and acted like JWH, no one gave him shiit, including my 80kgs of wringing wet dogs body.
So there you go @globaleagle , I bet you’re glad you asked that question.:tmi::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

I am because that's the way I say it. My better half on the other hand is not amused...!

(lol)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8