The Merv Cartwright Medal/livestream

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Straight up Mods if you want to kick this to the General Chat, it’s fine.
But it’s nearing the end. I am posting this is to highlight not only
the difference on the field, but the management team and the other ppl behind
the scences that make this club No1 off the field. imo.
I’m not going to bag our club (there’s been enough of that already).
‘But just check out and admire what a professionally run club looks like,
and the effort they make to engage with their fan base.
Heres the link….

Last edited:
Even after winning the Medal, Dylan Edwards showed his professionalism by refusing to take a sip of beer at the end.
Well done to the Panthers marketing team whose idea it was to livestream this big night, so fans can feel apart of the night and their club.

It's embarrassing isn't it. The only **** we've heard from our players in the media is they may or may not follow Des if he leaves, and the Trbojevics (and others) dislike DCE.

And our club has been the Phantom to both members and fans.

It's a joke. Like hellooooo, do we actually exist ? Thought Mestrov would be on the front foot with connection with the fans , information and direction - but alas - nothing.

Not sure what Cuzzo is doing? On holidays maybe ?

Straight up Mods if you want to kick this to the General Chat, it’s fine.
But it’s nearing the end. I am posting this is to highlight not only
the difference on the field, but the management team and the other ppl behind
the scences that make this club No1 off the field. imo.
I’m not going to bag our club (there’s been enough of that already).
‘But just check out and admire what a professionally run club looks like,
and the effort they make to engage with their fan base.
Heres the link….

Last year we got a livestream of the awards night but nothing this year, just a few photos.

The photos of manly’s event were fine. This is a complain-a-thon. I couldn’t give a **** about the Penrith awards night. Nor teddy winning the brad medal at easts. Big whoop.

The photos of manly’s event were fine. This is a complain-a-thon. I couldn’t give a **** about the Penrith awards night. Nor teddy winning the brad medal at easts. Big whoop.
LOL for real. if the club did live stream the awards night people on this forum would bag them along the lines of "Why would you showcase our average season with a livestream". Club can't win.

It's embarrassing isn't it. The only **** we've heard from our players in the media is they may or may not follow Des if he leaves, and the Trbojevics (and others) dislike DCE.

It's a joke. Like hellooooo, do we actually exist ? Thought Mestrov would be on the front foot with connection with the fans , information and direction - but alas - nothing.

Love how you took a thread about Panthers end of season awards and turned it into a shot at Cuzzo. Well played indeed.

I think you are totally out of line dragging our Media Man Cuzzo in this Des , Penn and Mestrov Mess feathered friend

The season May be over but Cuzzo continues to enlighten Manly Fans with positive Manly articles for all those that bother to read them when @The Wheel posts them

What is there to say that has not been said about this political club mess
And The last thing we need is a Doom and Gloom Media Manager

Mate we are very lucky to have a Great Media Man like Cuzzo
The people that have a shot at him have no idea who he is and what he stands for
Cuzzo is a very loyal , passionate and hard working Media Manly man

Agreed 1000%. Cuzzo hustles hard, and doesn't deserved the regular bagging he gets in here, by one person in particular.

No, I absolute do not think the members and fans are provided with adequate information from our club. You'll find many are in the same boat as me.
Of course we would all like to know more, especially right now, but how is that Wayne's fault?? I'm assuming you have seen Wayne's job description for you to be blaming the lack of communication on him. Because there is absolutely no way a guy like Wayne isn't following the direction of people getting paid a lot more than he is right?

Im surprised you haven't drawn the conclusion that Wayne knocked off the Queen, but maybe that assumption is coming..

No, I absolute do not think the members and fans are provided with adequate information from our club. You'll find many are in the same boat as me.
I just think we need to do better with the fan base.
Yes, I understand it is a lot better if you’re team are minor premiers three weeks from the end of season, and are favourites to go back to back.
I just hope management and players see what a disaster this season has been in so many ways and learn from it.
We can, and have done better in the past. That’s all I’m asking. Try and do better.

Of course we would all like to know more, especially right now, but how is that Wayne's fault?? I'm assuming you have seen Wayne's job description for you to be blaming the lack of communication on him. Because there is absolutely no way a guy like Wayne isn't following the direction of people getting paid a lot more than he is right?

Im surprised you haven't drawn the conclusion that Wayne knocked off the Queen, but maybe that assumption is coming..

Mate, he's the club's media manager? Here is another media managers description of what his role entails (you'll note the comments about connectivity, buy in, ability to inform etc).

You're basically saying he shouldn't have to do what he's actually employed to do in the first place ? Sorry, I respect your opinion, but I just disagree. This also isn't a Cuzzo thing. This is a Manly Sea Eagles is poor at communication, and keeping fans / members informed and up-to-date thing (particularly around strategy and planning):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915-005428.png
    Screenshot_20220915-005428.png
    400.9 KB · Views: 17
I met Cuzzo when Manly were playing in Christchurch, found him a great bloke in the few mins I was yarning with him and he was a genuine bloke doing a good job

Guess it all depends on expectations, I don’t sign up for anything expecting to know the inner workings of the club, others would like to be informed every time a player takes a dump
Good point, I have always wondered how many times Turbo needs to have a crap each week!!! (And before that Snake, Ridge, Wombat) and do they need to crap 💩 more or less than Turbo.

Mate, he's the club's media manager? Here is another media managers description of what his role entails (you'll note the comments about connectivity, buy in, ability to inform etc).

You're basically saying he shouldn't have to do what he's actually employed to do in the first place ? Sorry, I respect your opinion, but I just disagree. This also isn't a Cuzzo thing. This is a Manly Sea Eagles is poor at communication, and keeping fans / members informed and up-to-date thing (particularly around strategy and planning):

You have quoted someone's bio as a job description, lol. I'm not saying he isn't doing what he is employed to do, because i don't know what he is employed to do. You are saying he isn't doing what he is meant to be doing, based on what you think he should be doing. You should change your name to the "Merchant who knows what everyone's job description is".

But if we want to get into speculating about who does what over at Manly, my guess would be it is probably the marketing departments job to connect with the fans and members.

You say it's not a Cuzzo thing, yet you repeatedly mention him by name and not doing his job. Assuming you are a grown man, repeatedly sprouting on a forum (which you know Cuzzo reads by the way), that he is not good at his job. How is that OK.

The players are public figures, and forums like this and the social medias give people a platform to be faceless and criticise these professional athletes. Some of it fair, most of it grossly unfair. But the attitude of the fan ( a small minority of fan BTW) is they are public figures who get paid a lot of money, and they will get the hate like they get the love when things are going well. So they have to suck it up, and put things in place like avoiding social media, or grow a very thick skin, and block it out. Cuzzo is not a high paid public figure, He's a good guy doing the best he can under i am sure tough conditions (especially the past 2 months), and doesn't deserved to be "named and shamed" like you have done on multiple occasions.

Just be nicer. It doesn't have to be all doom.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4