The Merv Cartwright Medal/livestream

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good point, I have always wondered how many times Turbo needs to have a crap each week!!! (And before that Snake, Ridge, Wombat) and do they need to crap 💩 more or less than Turbo.
Hopefully more than once a week. Preferably once a day, perhaps more.

But that’s not important right now.

You have quoted someone's bio as a job description, lol. I'm not saying he isn't doing what he is employed to do, because i don't know what he is employed to do. You are saying he isn't doing what he is meant to be doing, based on what you think he should be doing. You should change your name to the "Merchant who knows what everyone's job description is".

But if we want to get into speculating about who does what over at Manly, my guess would be it is probably the marketing departments job to connect with the fans and members.

You say it's not a Cuzzo thing, yet you repeatedly mention him by name and not doing his job. Assuming you are a grown man, repeatedly sprouting on a forum (which you know Cuzzo reads by the way), that he is not good at his job. How is that OK.

The players are public figures, and forums like this and the social medias give people a platform to be faceless and criticise these professional athletes. Some of it fair, most of it grossly unfair. But the attitude of the fan ( a small minority of fan BTW) is they are public figures who get paid a lot of money, and they will get the hate like they get the love when things are going well. So they have to suck it up, and put things in place like avoiding social media, or grow a very thick skin, and block it out. Cuzzo is not a high paid public figure, He's a good guy doing the best he can under i am sure tough conditions (especially the past 2 months), and doesn't deserved to be "named and shamed" like you have done on multiple occasions.

Just be nicer. It doesn't have to be all doom.

That bio was a media manager at another current rugby league club? The same role as Cuzzo. Then again, if it isn't the media manager's role to well, manage the media associated with the club (PARTICULARLY when things are at rock bottom) - you surely have me covered Wayne.

Secondly, I've met Wayne on a few occasions, so I'm certainly not faceless, so take that out of your kit bag.

Last, there's a message here that members and fans at best are feeling misinformed, at worst not informed at all. For those saying that members and fans don't have a right to know about strategies, aspirations, methodology, planning (anything with substance) - I think you obviously forget what football is about - it's a spectator sport. My example was the recorded fan forum years ago, when **** was hitting the fan (on and off the field) as well, undertaken for members.

Not plugging people in, and getting connection to the club using social media in 2022, that's how you lose many of the on the fence type "paying members", so don't be a smart arse and say they don't matter - because this club needs every cent it gets. Even long term one's like we've read about in the past few weeks.

BUT, let's take your theory to heart. No-one should be criticizing anyone in the club, if they have a name. Dear God dude.

Last edited:
Here an example of what I mean (and I'm SURE you'll make excuses for this too, somehow). Let's look at the media of say two teams (Chooks & us) over the last two weeks (I get that the number is 84 - 8) and that's probably not much of a difference to some - but I think it lends a bit of weight into what I'm saying:

US
1663204536574.png

CHOOKS
1663204588543.png

1663204621957.png

1663204648832.png

1663204679937.png

1663204707998.png

1663204737434.png

1663204766583.png

Lastly, @Matai's shoulder , I have to ask - if you don't care about being informed, or want to know what's going on, why do you come on a social media blog site (here), to do the same?

Here an example of what I mean (and I'm SURE you'll make excuses for this too, somehow). Let's look at the media of say two teams (Chooks & us) over the last two weeks (I get that the number is 84 - 8) and that's probably not much of a difference to some - but I think it lends a bit of weight into what I'm saying:
You are definitely in line for some type of scientific research award for your work on this to show that a team who played finals football and has a NRLW team currently playing, has produced content at a rate of 10.5 to 1 compared to a team that's season ended two weeks ago.

I assume your study will also have some detail on how many staff the Roosters have compared to the Eagles.

And Ill be disappointed if your study doesn't conclude the lack of staffing, no women's team and no finals footy is also Cuzzo's fault.

#BLAMECUZZO #WAYNESFAULT

Mate, he's the club's media manager? Here is another media managers description of what his role entails (you'll note the comments about connectivity, buy in, ability to inform etc).

You're basically saying he shouldn't have to do what he's actually employed to do in the first place ? Sorry, I respect your opinion, but I just disagree. This also isn't a Cuzzo thing. This is a Manly Sea Eagles is poor at communication, and keeping fans / members informed and up-to-date thing (particularly around strategy and planning):
I know I am blocked by the self appointed purveyor of all things business wisdom (badge of honour). Reply is to post not person - The fact is, ripping someones linked profile and then using that as an example of what a media manager should do is completely bogus

These are w@nk words. It is an online resume to pump up your actual value

I could be a "visual enhancement technician" but I am a window cleaner. What people put online to say what they do is a complete farce.

I could say in previous roles I was a "People leader" another w@nk word for manager.

Interesting that the success of the profile for Donkeys now Dolphons manager wasn't used as comparison, rather the Chooks.

You are definitely in line for some type of scientific research award for your work on this to show that a team who played finals football and has a NRLW team currently playing, has produced content at a rate of 10.5 to 1 compared to a team that's season ended two weeks ago.

I assume your study will also have some detail on how many staff the Roosters have compared to the Eagles.

And Ill be disappointed if your study doesn't conclude the lack of staffing, no women's team and no finals footy is also Cuzzo's fault.

#BLAMECUZZO #WAYNESFAULT
And there's the excuses. GG
And I keep coming back to: If you're not interested in news and/or information @Matai's shoulder , why are you here (not saying you shouldn't be btw, as I want as many people here as possible with different views)?

So what is it?
1. Under staffed (btw most, if not all teams have one media manager);
2. Chooks were in the comp a whole extra week
3. Chooks have a womens comp
4. He's a good bloke (which I'm not disputing)
5. The dog ate it.

I'm willing to have my mind changed on various fronts & subjects, but I can't get my head around people thinking the content "members and fans" receive from this club is satisfactory, I just can't. Take Cuzzo out of it. Does anyone here know where the club sits in coaching plans going forward (bear in mind, potential players will want to know this prior to committing to us), the recruitment plans going forward (bear in mind, potential players will want to know this prior to committing to us), the strategies and planning around hierarchy and lines of authority (speaks volumes around strength of club - many current NRL players on NRL360 suggest it starts at the top) etc etc etc (I've just given three examples of why it's paramount to have clear vision and planning) - there are a mass of others.

Last edited:
And there's the excuses. GG
And I keep coming back to: If you're not interested in news and/or information @Matai's shoulder , why are you here (not saying you shouldn't be btw, as I want as many people here as possible with different views)?

So what is it?
1. Under staffed (btw most, if not all teams have one media manager);
2. Chooks were in the comp a whole extra week
3. Chooks have a womens comp
4. He's a good bloke (which I'm not disputing)
5. The dog ate it.

I'm willing to have my mind changed on various fronts & subjects, but I can't get my head around people thinking the content "members and fans" receive from this club is satisfactory, I just can't. Take Cuzzo out of it. Does anyone here know where the club sits in coaching plans going forward (bear in mind, potential players will want to know this prior to committing to us), the recruitment plans going forward (bear in mind, potential players will want to know this prior to committing to us), the strategies and planning around hierarchy and lines of authority (speaks volumes around strength of club - many current NRL players on NRL360 suggest it starts at the top) etc etc etc (I've just given three examples of why it's paramount to have clear vision and planning) - there are a mass of others.

6. Cuzzo's fault...

6. Cuzzo's fault...

You don't think it's pertinent to have clear vision, direction & planning when it comes to the future of our (your) club? This obviously includes being informative and transparent with members, fans, the media & stakeholders about such, so we can:

1. Increase / retain memberships
2. Acquire / retain players
3. Acquire / retain staff (front and back office)
4. Create either an environment / illusion of stability (both are fine imo)

etc etc etc.

Maybe we have different views mate. Because Cuzzo's a good bloke.

P.S. Btw, I won't abuse you, belittle you or put you down in our discussion. I hope we can continue to be respectful in sharing our views / opinions.

@Merchant Of Doom Cuzzo's role should be more about long term media relationships rather than content production.

I see it a couple of ways

1. I would have expected more media management over the past two weeks where it has appeared we do not have a clear strategy on how to handle the ongoing "crisis". Now all that said who knows what direction Cuzzo is being given but as a club there has not been any effective management of the issue. It is almost like the owners are miles and miles away not focusing on the club....
2. The way any brand dies is when people say "I do not like that so why should we do it". The fan base has fundamentally changed and you need content and other levers to engage fans. Some on here are happy to not have the content but there are plenty that are - that is what a integrated fan strategy would be, various "offers" to help engage fans

@Merchant Of Doom Cuzzo's role should be more about long term media relationships rather than content production.

I see it a couple of ways

1. I would have expected more media management over the past two weeks where it has appeared we do not have a clear strategy on how to handle the ongoing "crisis". Now all that said who knows what direction Cuzzo is being given but as a club there has not been any effective management of the issue. It is almost like the owners are miles and miles away not focusing on the club....
2. The way any brand dies is when people say "I do not like that so why should we do it". The fan base has fundamentally changed and you need content and other levers to engage fans. Some on here are happy to not have the content but there are plenty that are - that is what a integrated fan strategy would be, various "offers" to help engage fans

Spot - ****ing - on - mate !

Like I say, take Cuzzo out of it.

SOME direction from the flippin owner, or new CEO about strategy, planning, recruitment would be amazing. Now, who's job IS it to make that strategic media and marketing decision to go ahead with that? To even hear from Des about the season that was, the off season plans for the playing group, and what we are looking to achieve in the off-season would be great - ANYTHING. Imagine Des saying, we may not achieve it this off season, but out priority is to look for depth in the hooker position or something.

Give the fans SOMETHING of substance - do a webex from the U.S. FFS, and stream it for members. And not some fluff B.S. with an agenda. Real, honest, strategies going forward - heck - imagine there was a streamed webex to members from Des, Mestrov AND Penn, all on the same page, all presenting the strategies and plans we are undertaking together.

Guess what - there would endeth the media's BS.

It's not that HARDDDD - just takes SOMEONE (whoever that may be) to take some ****ing initiative.

Spot - ****ing - on - mate !

Like I say, take Cuzzo out of it.

SOME direction from the flippin owner, or new CEO about strategy, planning, recruitment would be amazing. Now, who's job IS it to make that strategic media and marketing decision to go ahead with that? To even hear from Des about the season that was, the off season plans for the playing group, and what we are looking to achieve in the off-season would be great - ANYTHING.

Give the fans SOMETHING of substance - do a webex from the U.S. FFS, and stream it for members. And not some fluff B.S. with an agenda. Real, honest, strategies going forward - heck - imagine there was a streamed webex to members from Des, Mestrov AND Penn, all on the same page, all presenting the strategies and plans we are undertaking together.

Guess what - there would endeth the media's BS.

It's not that HARDDDD - just takes SOMEONE (whoever that may be) to take some ****ing initiative.
I do a fair bit of work on crisis management and let me just say that we are handling it in a very, well unique way

I do a fair bit of work on crisis management and let me just say that we are handling it in a very, well unique way

Unique is a kind word for it. Hahaha.

We don't even have to come out and disagree with all the crap the media is bleating on about. Do it in a positive way:

(Intro) "Hey members and fans, it was a tough season we've just experienced, but Des, Tony and I would like to let you know what our priorities, our planning and our strategies are in the short to medium term, to right the ship, and all move forward in the same direction, which is the basis of every decision we've made"

1. Des Hasler will be here until at a minimum the end of 2024 (Ryan might not like it, but at least it's a definitive);
2. Des support staff. X has left, and we are seeking Y, based on Des feedback and requirements
3. Des, what are your thought's on recruitment / retnetion - where will our focus be? (Des makes his spiel)
3a. Des, what are you looking to do, to galvanise the playing group, and get everyone pulling in the same direction? (Des makes his spiel)
4. Tony, any thought's on membership, sponsorship, and continued work for Brooky? (Tony makes his spiel)
5. We've requested questions from our members prior to this meeting. lsz from dapto has asked myself (Penn): .......... (answers are provided)

I wonder, would people appreciate this? I also wonder whether Bozo, and others who said they don't want/need this info will watch - and I think we all know the answer to that - which will prove them all wrong about their stance here.

Unique is a kind word for it. Hahaha.

We don't even have to come out and disagree with all the crap the media is bleating on about. Do it in a positive way:

(Intro) "Hey members and fans, it was a tough season we've just experienced, but Des, Tony and I would like to let you know what our priorities, our planning and our strategies are in the short to medium term, to right the ship, and all move forward in the same direction, which is the basis of every decision we've made"

1. Des Hasler will be here until at a minimum the end of 2024 (Ryan might not like it, but at least it's a definitive);
2. Des support staff. X has left, and we are seeking Y, based on Des feedback and requirements
3. Des, what are your thought's on recruitment / retnetion - where will our focus be? (Des makes his spiel)
3a. Des, what are you looking to do, to galvanise the playing group, and get everyone pulling in the same direction? (Des makes his spiel)
4. Tony, any thought's on membership, sponsorship, and continued work for Brooky? (Tony makes his spiel)
5. We've requested questions from our members prior to this meeting. lsz from dapto has asked myself (Penn): .......... (answers are provided)

I wonder, would people appreciate this? I also wonder whether Bozo, and others who said they don't want/need this info will watch - and I think we all know the answer to that - which will prove them all wrong about their stance here.
Someone mentioned the club going on holidays for two weeks.

I do not begrudge anyone holidays but it seems as if our approach is to sit tight and ride the wave. It is interesting as at the same time there is some great content produced like the Andrew D / D Walks farewell stuff

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6