The Manly Sea Eagles’ family tree doesn’t paint a pretty picture

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
I have no issue with the article. The majority is probably true, as much as we would like it not to be.

hey @garts do you agree we will play Souths next week if we win? :D

I see this was just pointed out to Dean Ritchie on twitter and he went into a spin and started blocking people. There was no abuse or swearing etc just had facts pointed out to him and he was offended.

tookey said:
League boss Dave Smith has made a lot of noise about fixing a coterie of troubled clubs within the NRL. So far, he has refused to face head-on the issues at Manly but surely the time must be nigh for a serious intervention.

LOL

There is no world in this universe in which anyone involved in RL would take notice of anything written by a drunk in a News Ltd rag.

The good news is, that one paragraph clearly identifies that entire article as comedy.

Joke all you like about her shortcomings as a journo-it was obvious that ALL the media were going to try and bury us this week. The ammunition is all there within the playing group. Loose lips are working overtime to undermine our shot in 2014...and it is being driven by some of our best, unfortunately

Bimbo Becks also gets it wrong when she mentions manly play souths next week when in fact they play penrith, after beating the mutts tonight.

Look, if you're a journo, of course you're looking for the story. Otherwise it's boring as all get out. I spent a couple of years writing about the Wallabies and finally moved on to a real life when I couldn't write one more glowing piece about a meathead with talent.

It's all manufactured one way or another.

You know, I used to read the Tele. I used to look at it every day for a bit of a read.

Then they wanted me to pay for it on-line, so I stopped.

I now remember why I won't pay for it.

To write such crap on the eve of a big game one must ask the following questions:

1 Why is this paper focusing totally on Manly?
2 Do they want Manly to fail as an NRL franchise?
3 Why aren't they probing the alleged salary cap with regard to Brisbane?
4 Why aren't they probing the Easts along similar lines?
5 Why has this paper and others completely ignored the statements from sources close to the Easts club saying that players are playing for around $14,000 where the minimum wages is more like $75,000?
6 Why not ask the questions of player managers not pushing for massive upgrades of these apparently under-paid players?
7 Why aren't they probing the refereeing performances over the past several years?
8 Why aren't they probing issues relating to third party agreements and long-term payer payments to the likes of Gift?
9 Why aren't they probing the NRL Integrity Unit that seems to have some issues and variable terms of reference depending on which club the perceived lack of integrity arises?
10 Why aren't they probing the NRL on scheduling and crowd reductions?
11 Why aren't they probing the complete setup of the NRL and the possible perceptions of jobs for the boys?

Is this newspaper and others linked to the Superleague war way back when?

Now listen folks I don't for one minute think that anything is wrong with regards to the integrity of the NRL and the newspapers and the journos that write this stuff. I think they are all nice guys and gals who are completely honest and hard working.

But if me a 'fan' who knows nothing can ask these questions, give me some answers.

Didn't the Bulldogs sue DUI Wilson a few years back ? I think part of the settlement was that she was to become their incognito PR and media spin artist. No surprise she is writing a destabilising article about Manly on the day of one of our biggest clashes with the Bulldogs in years.

Chip and Chase said:
Didn't the Bulldogs sue DUI Wilson a few years back ? I think part of the settlement was that she was to become their incognito PR and media spin artist. No surprise she is writing a destabilising article about Manly on the day of one of our biggest clashes with the Bulldogs in years.

Yeah ChipChase - she (Bec) Wilson comes from a family of Journo's.
Dont mind listening to brother Jim on Seven Sunrise etc. Journo's write what they are told to write and I believe she also wrote some rather critical articles about A-League over time. I actually had a first impression she was a Bronco or Qld supporter the way she was ranting and raving early one morning last year when she tried to out do her brother in the predictions with her backup comments.

I do believe that her partner (now or at a time) was none other than John Hartigan.
Now with Rupert Murdoch having one of the nicest daughter in laws in Sarah (maiden name O'Hare) Murdoch (she too is also a great Manly Angel) that it wouldnt or shouldnt come from his papers but if we were to go another way and play Chooks again maybe the slinging off might come via The Packers media backers and publicists.

Who hasnt tried upending us at this time of season. Bar our players from reading the bloody papers as its a psychology war at finals time.
We can beat "The Mongrel Mutts" tonight and lock them back in their kennels, then call the RSPCA (after the game) to stop their yelping and from being kicked in the guts.
GO MANLY - GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!!!!

bob dylan said:
Andrew.. said:
I'm still trying to work out if Rebecca Wilson is male or female.:p

I can 100% confirm it is.

Hey Bob - if she's backing The Mongrel Mutts and happens to cock her leg against a tree - you might just get your answer.

Tonight mate, we pray and we'll be Knock, knock knocking on heavens door to say thank you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6