The man has spoken...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am in 100% agreement with you on this.

Cornish and Hastings could potentially be better than DCE/Foran combination one day. They are both junior stars, and that's the direction we should be going in. We need to be patient and build rather than go after Sandow and Hodkinson, because all they can do is "hold up an end" and that's useless...we need to build towards a premiership in 3-5 years time.
Agree

I agree that could work, but it could also be a disaster early on if we don't acquire 1 or 2 top forwards - and there are not many options left. I think the best remaining are Myles, Tamou and Snowden - Tamou seems a lock for Canberra. Snowden has played much better this year but went missing for a couple of years before that. Although, props generally mature later in their careers, so he could be coming into his prime - he is worth a look.

Cornish, Hastings, Snowden and Myles - I would be happy with that. Otherwise the only other half worth getting is Carney and well that would only be a 2 year option IMO, and then we would have to go hard after DCE again, or Ben Hunt, or Adam Reynolds etc in 2018.

Id be happy to snag hastings off the rorters and give cornish a go or try Carney. Signing 2 good forwards like Myles and Tamou or Snowden would be a big win too.

Personky I don't think asking why DCE's offer was pulled and Foz's wasn't is a reasonable question.

I don't want to know the details of negotiations, I just want to know when we have signed someone or lost someone. With negotiations, you either know everything or you effectively know nothing (even if you THINK you know something). It's fine for us to speculate but we don't need to know the exact inner workings of our club. That's in no ones best interest.
Perhaps I just wanted a bit of a vent before I parted with membership money. Membership guy listened and I renewed. Win/win.

You can argue whether people are entitled 2 know what is going on and I agree things should be (contract wise) kept pretty tight in house but @niccipops was entitled to expect a response from an email as a paid up member. It's little things like this that upset fans.

I

I cannot understand going after Hodkinson for three reasons.

1. He has been average behind arguably the biggest and most feared pack in the competition. David Klemmer is on their bench for god's sake; if he signed with Manly, we'd be wetting our pants, and he is loose change at Canterbury. If he is less than dynamic behind their pack, what will he be like behind ours?

2. We cheered and cheered and cheered and cheered some more when DCE came along and championed the fact that we had found a better halfback; how do we mentally prepare ourselves as fans, for the homecoming of the guy that so thankfully left in the first place?

3. 750k a year.

I don't believe for one second we are going after him. He is f@@ken useless. Gibs is the only person who has said we are chasing him, and he has no idea, just saying it because Trent is one half available. There has been no confirmed interest in him, nor will there be.

You can argue whether people are entitled 2 know what is going on and I agree things should be (contract wise) kept pretty tight in house but @niccipops was entitled to expect a response from an email as a paid up member. It's little things like this that upset fans.

I
I dont disagree - I'm more interested in what level of response you would find satisfactory.

I'm not being a dick here, it's a genuine question. My reason for asking is that I worked for a large investment bank during the GFC and our regional head came down to Sydney a day or two before the Lehmans collapse and told us all how our bank was fine and didn't have a liquidity problem yada yada. Soon enough we all but for the grace of god went belly up. Years later I read an article that said a day or two after that talk we barely had enough cash to open for business. So I take all corp speak whether from a company or a club like Manly as being possibly true but almost certainly a load of ****, spoken to keep us happy or quiet or both.

Last edited:
I dont disagree - I'm more interested in what level of response you would find satisfactory.

It's not necessary the response it's the fact you get the response. It shows that they at least listened doesn't mean they do what you ask just that they respect that you took time out of your day to write an email with concerns (or questions) about a club you love and put money into.

It's not necessary the response it's the fact you get the response. It shows that they at least listened doesn't mean they do what you ask just that they respect that you took time out of your day to write an email with concerns (or questions) about a club you love and put money into.
I used to enjoy the emails addressed to me from "Matt Orford" lol

If we miss Cornish then we need a ****ing uppercut, sharks are only team looking for a 7 also. If Maloney stays then Hastings would come on market.
Carney Catalans don't want to let him go.

If we miss Cornish then we need a ****ing uppercut, sharks are only team looking for a 7 also. If Maloney stays then Hastings would come on market.
Carney Catalans don't want to let him go.
Parra too. And the Tits will be interested if we are. They'll have as many 7's as we'll have fullbacks.

This is speculation but not mine it comes from John Gibbs.

He just said on the radio now that he believes Manly are going after Hodkinson and Carney he also mentioned that Bozo is a big fan of Tamou and we will be chasing him.

If you don't like this speculation don't shoot the messenger
I heard this also.Apparently tamou has the up most respect for bozo.I reckon we'll get him.

So through gross incompetence we lose the 2 best halves in the game , we have no succession plan and no idea of where to find 2 replacement halves. Sorry but this is simply unacceptable. I won't put my money into shares of a failing company so why would I put my money into membership of this failing organisation. They have done nothing to convince me they have any idea of how to fix this broken club. This mob will go down as the worst club administration ever and we will all sink with it.

I cannot understand going after Hodkinson for three reasons.

1. He has been average behind arguably the biggest and most feared pack in the competition. David Klemmer is on their bench for god's sake; if he signed with Manly, we'd be wetting our pants, and he is loose change at Canterbury. If he is less than dynamic behind their pack, what will he be like behind ours?

2. We cheered and cheered and cheered and cheered some more when DCE came along and championed the fact that we had found a better halfback; how do we mentally prepare ourselves as fans, for the homecoming of the guy that so thankfully left in the first place?

3. 750k a year.
I don't believe for one second we are going after him. He is f@@ken useless. Gibs is the only person who has said we are chasing him, and he has no idea, just saying it because Trent is one half available. There has been no confirmed interest in him, nor will there be.

fingers crossed

At least it puts to bed the numerous JLJ wet dreams around here.
Go for Maloney, good player and just what we need after this year. Cornish might well be the value runner here.
In any regards I am sure our staff will make the right choices-they usually do...don't they! ;)
The same staff that stuffed up DCE's re -signing??

I heard this also.Apparently tamou has the up most respect for bozo.I reckon we'll get him.
God I hope so! Tamou would add much needed size to our pack. And when injury free he is a 150-170mtr per game prop, so a big yes to that.
I'd actually be very happy with Jake T and Tamou as our staring props.
Probably just more crap speculation but we can only hope....

Not a big fan of Tamou playing for NSW or Australia seeing as how he's a Kiwi, but I honestly wouldn't say no to him coming to Manly.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7