The man has spoken...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree that could work, but it could also be a disaster early on if we don't acquire 1 or 2 top forwards - and there are not many options left. I think the best remaining are Myles, Tamou and Snowden - Tamou seems a lock for Canberra. Snowden has played much better this year but went missing for a couple of years before that. Although, props generally mature later in their careers, so he could be coming into his prime - he is worth a look.

Cornish, Hastings, Snowden and Myles - I would be happy with that. Otherwise the only other half worth getting is Carney and well that would only be a 2 year option IMO, and then we would have to go hard after DCE again, or Ben Hunt, or Adam Reynolds etc in 2018.
It looks like Tamou will stay at the Cowboys; the Canberra rumour appears unsubstantiated. I get the feeling the Cowboys were fretting over Tamou's neck, but now that it's come good, they'll be keen to hold onto him.

I think Myles would do a job for us, and although I am not a fan of Snowden, he is better than nothing so I agree with you on that one too. I don't think it matters whether the halves are young or old, DCE and Foran have proved that without good forwards, it doesn't matter how experienced or competent you are, it's tough going. It's still better to have two young prospects hanging around the club, than two average FG's like Sandow and Hodkinson.

From Sportal...
QUESTION: Would you likely bring in two halves from outside the club or are there some guys within the club you think could possibly play that five-eighth/half-back role for you next season?

TOOVEY: "At this stage I can't see anyone that stands out at the club to play that role but I know Jamie Lyon has played at five-eighth in a side that won a grand-final 40-0, so there are some options there but we're just trying to secure some quality players before that happens."
True enough then

This is speculation but not mine it comes from John Gibbs.

He just said on the radio now that he believes Manly are going after Hodkinson and Carney he also mentioned that Bozo is a big fan of Tamou and we will be chasing him.

If you don't like this speculation don't shoot the messenger

Say we got , sorry hodkinson .Maloney . Or Sandow with a couple of good forwards yes we would win the odd game and some weeks win well etc Parra and dogs but we would be more inconsistent then consistent . Imo that is why dogs have been let down in gfs recently because of there halves . You can have not brilliant name forwards but good honest forwards that rip and tear and have a go but you still need great halves to win a flag .

Say we got , sorry hodkinson .Maloney . Or Sandow with a couple of good forwards yes we would win the odd game and some weeks win well etc Parra and dogs but we would be more inconsistent then consistent . Imo that is why dogs have been let down in gfs recently because of there halves . You can have not brilliant name forwards but good honest forwards that rip and tear and have a go but you still need great halves to win a flag .
I'd rather play Lyon at 5/8 than any of those you mentioned and play a young guy at half back but thats just my opinion (NRL dont play for flags ):tonguewink:

He just said on the radio now that he believes Manly are going after Hodkinson and Carney he also mentioned that Bozo is a big fan of Tamou and we will be chasing him.

What about Kris Keating?

I cannot understand going after Hodkinson for three reasons.

1. He has been average behind arguably the biggest and most feared pack in the competition. David Klemmer is on their bench for god's sake; if he signed with Manly, we'd be wetting our pants, and he is loose change at Canterbury. If he is less than dynamic behind their pack, what will he be like behind ours?

2. We cheered and cheered and cheered and cheered some more when DCE came along and championed the fact that we had found a better halfback; how do we mentally prepare ourselves as fans, for the homecoming of the guy that so thankfully left in the first place?

3. 750k a year.

I'd rather play Lyon at 5/8 than any of those you mentioned and play a young guy at half back but thats just my opinion (NRL dont play for flags ):tonguewink:
Killer would be a band aid and I wouldn't play any of them that I mentioned . If you read it that is why I wouldn't want them we would be to inconsistent . Also I know we don't play for flags , just slang for gf .All good champ.

I cannot understand going after Hodkinson for three reasons.

1. He has been average behind arguably the biggest and most feared pack in the competition. David Klemmer is on their bench for god's sake; if he signed with Manly, we'd be wetting our pants, and he is loose change at Canterbury. If he is less than dynamic behind their pack, what will he be like behind ours?

2. We cheered and cheered and cheered and cheered some more when DCE came along and championed the fact that we had found a better halfback; how do we mentally prepare ourselves as fans, for the homecoming of the guy that so thankfully left in the first place?

3. 750k a year.

This is my opinion I agree with you and it's interesting Des (this is me speculating) is hardly breaking his neck to re sign him. That should tell us something.

I had an interesting recent conversation with the Sea Eagles membership as I kept getting missed phone calls about renewing before the loyalty date.
Told the guy I wanted to talk about some concerns before I renewed.
I wanted to know what input fans/members get and whether our point of view means anything.
Was told that members will always be responded to. Told him this wasn't true because I emailed the club weeks ago weeks ago with concerns and got no response.
When I asked about the halves he said the two players have chosen to leave the club.
Fair enough.
I asked why DCE's offer was withdrawn while Foran's wasn't, when was planning to leave for parramatta 8 months ago.
Membership guy said something like, 'all rumours and speculation aren't necessarily true.'
I said when there's constant rumours of Foz to parra going back up to 8 months ago and then it happens, I guess it was true.
I mentioned most fans supported coach Geoff Toovey and we're hearing constant speculation that he will be sacked.
He said that comes down to performance. I replied that this can be an excuse. He virtually agreed.
Membership guy was a good bloke who was doing his job. What I got from the conversation was basically what we know already - DCE, Foz absolutely gone. Toovey walking the tightrope. Fans/members don't really get a say in anything.
I renewed because I love my Sea Eagles and if I can help in a small way I will.
Here's hoping there's good times ahead.

Id rather Cronulla blow their cash on those two but I'm on board with Tamou.

I had an interesting recent conversation with the Sea Eagles membership as I kept getting missed phone calls about renewing before the loyalty date.
Told the guy I wanted to talk about some concerns before I renewed.
I wanted to know what input fans/members get and whether our point of view means anything.
Was told that members will always be responded to. Told him this wasn't true because I emailed the club weeks ago weeks ago with concerns and got no response.
When I asked about the halves he said the two players have chosen to leave the club.
Fair enough.
I asked why DCE's offer was withdrawn while Foran's wasn't, when was planning to leave for parramatta 8 months ago.
Membership guy said something like, 'all rumours and speculation aren't necessarily true.'
I said when there's constant rumours of Foz to parra going back up to 8 months ago and then it happens, I guess it was true.
I mentioned most fans supported coach Geoff Toovey and we're hearing constant speculation that he will be sacked.
He said that comes down to performance. I replied that this can be an excuse. He virtually agreed.
Membership guy was a good bloke who was doing his job. What I got from the conversation was basically what we know already - DCE, Foz absolutely gone. Toovey walking the tightrope. Fans/members don't really get a say in anything.
I renewed because I love my Sea Eagles and if I can help in a small way I will.
Here's hoping there's good times ahead.
Sorry but why would you think fans get a say? You don't go see a movie and have a say in the plot.

No fans = no Manly.
It's in the clubs best interests to put forward a good team/product but they don't answer to us. They basically answer to the Penn family. We can bitch and moan and this forum is a good place for that and there are opportunities to put the club to the sword occasionally but most of what they say will be them saying enough to qualify as responding then going off and doing what they want.

It's in the clubs best interests to put forward a good team/product but they don't answer to us. They basically answer to the Penn family. We can bitch and moan and this forum is a good place for that and there are opportunities to put the club to the sword occasionally but most of what they say will be them saying enough to qualify as responding then going off and doing what they want.
Going to take the customer line here. I'm not expecting anyone involved in club admin to answer to us, as in take direction and do what we want. I would like for our club to listen and respond to rational opinions and questions of the customers/fans/members. Customers who feel valued always come back.

Going to take the customer line here. I'm not expecting anyone involved in club admin to answer to us, as in take direction and do what we want. I would like for our club to listen and respond to rational opinions and questions of the customers/fans/members. Customers who feel valued always come back.
Personky I don't think asking why DCE's offer was pulled and Foz's wasn't is a reasonable question.

I don't want to know the details of negotiations, I just want to know when we have signed someone or lost someone. With negotiations, you either know everything or you effectively know nothing (even if you THINK you know something). It's fine for us to speculate but we don't need to know the exact inner workings of our club. That's in no ones best interest.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4