The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NRL 2023: Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks set to join Manly Sea Eagles​

Maligned halfback Luke Brooks is set to leave Wests Tigers for Manly after rejecting the club’s recent contract offer.

Dean RitchieDean RitchieExclusive
In a massive coup, Manly is poised to secure gun Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks.
This masthead understands the deal will span three years and be announced shortly.

Brooks’ recruitment – joining incumbent Daly Cherry-Evans - will give Manly a world-class halves combination from next season.

After 11 seasons with Wests Tigers, Brooks, 28, elected against re-signing at Concord.

He had previously been linked to Canterbury, St George Illawarra and North Queensland.

Brooks could sign a two-year contract at Brookvale but it’s more likely a three-season deal.

He was on a whopping deal worth $1.15m this year at Wests Tigers.

Brooks’ new deal at Manly could be worth around $2m over three seasons.
Zorba leaking to his mate again

I’ll get absolutely hammered here, but I actually don’t hate it. It is a bit of a gamble, but at the right price, could be one worth taking

We aren’t getting him for 1 mil a year, that’s a poor contract, but as a running 6 at 600k or somewhere around that mark, I think he improves our side and they could make a decent pairing

The cool thing to do is hammer Luke Brooks, but he has played well when I’ve seen them play this season

I'm loving this! Its a circus at the moment - but unlike others who are having a melt down..... I am having a ball.

If we sign Brooks as is reported - does that mean ANOTHER Tartak domino is about to be culled (Schuster?)

I'm sure Schuster is going to be happy after waiting 2 years to get the 6 jersey.
Then again, has not played outstanding footy without Tom at the back, but maybe needs more time.
Personally reckon Brooks is a decent player in a crap team, who could be a good addition to Manly....but make this the 'Last" Tigers signing

I’ll get absolutely hammered here, but I actually don’t hate it. It is a bit of a gamble, but at the right price, could be one worth taking

We aren’t getting him for 1 mil a year, that’s a poor contract, but as a running 6 at 600k or somewhere around that mark, I think he improves our side and they could make a decent pairing

The cool thing to do is hammer Luke Brooks, but he has played well when I’ve seen them play this season
I mean in a footballing sense he may fit okay.

But are we giving up on Schuster? Fainu boys out, Fletcher-Myers out, it is very strange times.

It’s not about being cool or even hammering brooks - although saying he’s playing well this season is ignoring the many seasons of mediocrity he dished up before that. But more the point is that we seem to be removing young up and coming talent if favour of old (tigers) players. Where’s the planning for the future? We invested in Shyster (went all in and got rid of Foran) and now wheres that strategy gone?? The place seems to have no clear objective or strategy.

I think Brookes and DCE will go really well together as six and seven respectively. Schuster will either leave or agree to go back into the back row. If Schuster does leave we should be able to pick up an elite dummy-half with that money. Croker to fourteen if that happens like that.

Hmm... probably against the ST grain here, but I'm feeling quite OK with this if true. I still think Schu is a gifted back rower, or lock, and I see a lot of Gifty in him... and let's face it, he is not setting the world on fire at 5/8 and I'm not sure he is the right temperament(?) or personality(?) to hold that key spine position. I also believe Brooks is far more competent and talented than the escape goat kicking bag he has copped for the Tiger's inept performances of recent history. I think we may see a very different Brooks playing alongside DCE. I'm actually quite optimistic about this.

Last edited:

I don’t hate it as long as Schu goes to back row and Brookes plays 6…

I don't mind it either. Hopefully it'll work out well.

No use screaming at every signing, when we pay others to seemingly only play rep footy.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8