The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hard to remember the last “star” player we signed out side of the club. If we sign Brooks then Schuster will go and frankly if that happens then so be it. I have been a big supporter of the Schu but his games since the Canberra match have been lees than inspiring. We need resilient players that will perform at a high level consistently. So if the player manager of a group of our players is our puppeteer then it’s time to cut the strings and regroup and build a side around those that want to be there and give it their all each week.

The problem with offloading Schuster is that he will thrive no matter what team he goes to. We will sit there depressed we let this superstar player go, while at the same time watching our team look even worse.

It will expose the truth; that while part of it, this is not Schustera fault alone and involves the effort and commitment of about 80% of the team. So it’s a lose-lose situation with our current personnel.

Can you imagine if Schuster went to a team like Cronulla or Brisbane? - He would absolute slay it.

At the end of the day, these problems revolve around the team culture and the personnel as a whole, as well as Manly being basically held to ransom by certain player agents who agitate for more money and upgrades while knowing there is not much chop out there because successful teams have locked up the right players. The Blacktown experiment has been poison because it has brought the wrong culture to the Northern Beaches.

To be successful again we need different feeder clubs. We need to start again with a new crop of blokes and develop them from the ground up, coupled with a few experienced players willing to take the journey. It will take 5-10 years.

NYEagle

1. I am always amazed how easily some on here tack the click bait from the league "professional" writers
2. Brooks was offered a contract from the tigers which he rejected indicating he would not be on half / less than the shu

1. I am always amazed how easily some on here tack the click bait from the league "professional" writers
2. Brooks was offered a contract from the tigers which he rejected indicating he would not be on half / less than the shu
It goes like this; a poster on a forum makes something up or hears something from a mate who's made it up. Lazy journos trawl through forums to see what the latest 'news' is then publish it as "I'm hearing that...." The forums then go into meltdown at the 'news' which must have some substance because it was written by a professional rather than a keyboard warrior. Rinse and repeat

The problem with offloading Schuster is that he will thrive no matter what team he goes to. We will sit there depressed we let this superstar player go, while at the same time watching our team look even worse.

It will expose the truth; that while part of it, this is not Schustera fault alone and involves the effort and commitment of about 80% of the team. So it’s a lose-lose situation with our current personnel.

Can you imagine if Schuster went to a team like Cronulla or Brisbane? - He would absolute slay it.

At the end of the day, these problems revolve around the team culture and the personnel as a whole, as well as Manly being basically held to ransom by certain player agents who agitate for more money and upgrades while knowing there is not much chop out there because successful teams have locked up the right players. The Blacktown experiment has been poison because it has brought the wrong culture to the Northern Beaches.

To be successful again we need different feeder clubs. We need to start again with a new crop of blokes and develop them from the ground up, coupled with a few experienced players willing to take the journey. It will take 5-10 years.

NYEagle
I'm starting to doubt that he will thrive anywhere. He is unfit, slow and his short kicking game is park standard. I honestly couldn't care if he was moved on. All hype in my opinion. And i honestly believe we are making a mistake signing him for 2.5 million. Nothing against him, but I don't think he will ever be a consistent footballer.

Maybe but then maybe he was like “you know what, if I am gonna be on half the coin it is NOT gonna be at a useless joint like the tigpies”

Which still means he would want a lot more than $500 K to come to Manly I reckon… good chance he shows up at Rorters on $350K because
A. They need a decent half and he is probably playing as well as he ever has… and
B. he “wants to win a premiership”

Maybe but then maybe he was like “you know what, if I am gonna be on half the coin it is NOT gonna be at a useless joint like the tigpies”

Which still means he would want a lot more than $500 K to come to Manly I reckon… good chance he shows up at Rorters on $350K because
A. They need a decent half and he is probably playing as well as he ever has… and
B. he “wants to win a premiership”
Isn't there an nrl "nominal value" rule or does that only apply to the despised few clubs.

It goes like this; a poster on a forum makes something up or hears something from a mate who's made it up. Lazy journos trawl through forums to see what the latest 'news' is then publish it as "I'm hearing that...." The forums then go into meltdown at the 'news' which must have some substance because it was written by a professional rather than a keyboard warrior. Rinse and repeat
Yeah ! But some of them tend to come true ie Ben hunt!

Isn't there an nrl "nominal value" rule or does that only apply to the despised few clubs.
There is but it seems to be a fluid concept - ie. differently applied in different situations… guess it depends how many offers he has on the table but I reckon he could make the argument that he has given the tigpies a decent run and there is no pathway to a Premiership there…

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8