The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Kelly was released to keep us under the cap, not to free up space for a replacement. Perrett is next to go.

The only way we will dip into the market for anything decent is if Taupau is released. Otherwise, it's depth signings. Hoppa is a pipe dream.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Kelly was released to keep us under the cap, not to free up space for a replacement. Perrett is next to go.

The only way we will dip into the market for anything decent is if Taupau is released. Otherwise, it's depth signings. Hoppa is a pipe dream.

Great @:cry:
Parker (reserve grader)
Suli (shouldn't play at all)
Garrick (reserve grader)
Elliott (reserve grader)
Funa (Jersey Flegg player)

as the options. Northern Eagles days.

And assume Taufua gets one wing spot (oof, for starters), who gets the other?

Manly release Kelly to make Gold Coast return
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Thu 8 Nov 2018, 01:34 PM
Brian Kelly has been granted a release by Manly from the remainder of his contract and the young centre has returned to the Titans.

Kelly, who was contracted to the Sea Eagles until the end of next season, played 47 first-grade matches for the Sea Eagles after making his NRL debut for the club in the opening round of the 2017 season.

Kelly represented Country Origin in 2017 and also the Prime Minister's XIII in 2018.

"We thank Brian for his tremendous service to our club both on and off the field over the past two years and we wish him all the very best in his future endeavours,'' Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman said.

Not happy with this news at all. Seeing as though we spent a couple of years developing Kelly for the Titans, I think it would be fair if they gave us AJ Brimson in return.

We seem to enjoy giving opposition teams free legs up, with 0 return.

Great @:cry:
Parker (reserve grader)
Suli (shouldn't play at all)
Garrick (reserve grader)
Elliott (reserve grader)
Funa (Jersey Flegg player)

as the options. Northern Eagles days.

And assume Taufua gets one wing spot (oof, for starters), who gets the other?
Our team Manly (was a wooden spoon contender in 2018 )
Bring on 2019 !!!

Didn't think we'd be in that big of a hole given the players released and the lack of quality signings. Not that Kelly would be on big coin but I'm guessing he makes way for extensions / upgrades for Suli, Api and Siro. You look at our roster vs Chooks for example and I can't see how we are in cap squeeze even with the $330K penalty

Agree. And that meant we needed "upgrading", not downgrading, by releasing what was one of the bright spots on the team for the year.
This wonderful forum gives us the opportunity to voice our views and you have made your point . The fact is Every coach builds his own playing Roster . Trent built his and Des is starting to build his now.
Under a different coach players respond differently . Lets see how our boys go on the field next year before we start responding half cocked .

I was talking to Dale Shearer about Tom T's defensive issues as a fullback. Rowdy certainly wasn't built like Wombat but he was good defensively. Rowdy was keen to assist the club with his experience and knowledge but apparently his calls haven't been returned......
He shouldna walked away

Well that is disappointing, he was really hitting his stride. Good luck to him at the Titans. I hope they don't kill his career.

Well Suli was extended, so you have to wonder if he is now the front runner for the centre spot, or whether Des will chase someone else (Will Hoppa as rumoured?).

If we dont buy anyone and run with Suli, we should upgrade Anderson into the top 30.

Then I'd probably look quite stupid going off like I am :rofl:
I'm just looking at the replacements for Green (NIL), Lussick (NIL) & now Kelly (NIL).

Screw them, make the Broncs release James Roberts. I'd happily enjoy his speed out wide.

Oh hell no. Not denying he’s quick, but he’s a ball-hog, lazy AF in defence, and a monumental dead**** who would be right back to spending more time in the headlines than on the field the second he was out from under the Bronco-protective umbrella of the Qld media. Huge bags of no thanks

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8