The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Jorge to centres...I've been thinking it for years. He's too slow for the wing these days, but still has a good pass on him (short pass anyways)...it takes his suspect high-ball skills out of the equation...well-known to hit nearly as hard as Skivvi did...and 105kg of Taufua running off a Joel Thompson pass or cut-out from DCE would strike fear into the heart of most centres in the game!

The question of age when a player enters first grade depends greatly on the physical characteristics and experience of the player. Fulton was 18 when he entered first grade after a year of firsts for ane Illawarra competition side. So was Watmough. Eadie was 17. Yet some other players mature in their early 20s. If Albert Hopoate is big and muscular like other members of his family were when they started, then he is ready for first grade. Especially in the backs where the damage to the body can be lessened, players can start quite young. The bits I've seen of Albert have been against juniors. But then he looks like an adult player playing against juniors in the excerpts I've seen. Certainly it would be wise as they did with William and start him on the wing. But I think he'll be in the side by mid season. As for Suli, he is also a kid who started at 18. A good fitness regime and running coach and he'll do well on the wing, possibly centre. And then there's Funa. We've got some top talent coming through.

Met Albert when he was around 3 (Will, about 12 at the time, took my nephew’s jersey into the dressing rooms and got it signed for him). He was a mini-John then, a stocky, nuggety, powerful-looking little thing - not a bit of the lankiness that Will had. I think you’re right that kids who are powerfully built do handle the transition to playing against men at a young age a lot more easily than the gangly ones do.

I cant believe how some people carry on about "blaming coaches and admin " when a player is released t join another club... Look its simple if a player wants a release then their mind and heart is not in OUR TEAM.... its not about the club, the fans, the coach , the team mates etc, its about NOT having their head and heart in the TEAM, Rugby League is a team sport so any sensible coach or CEO would have a talk to the player and after that discussion if the player didn't come across as wanting to buy into the direction the team wants to go then you have to let them go!, Actually would be pretty stupid to force them to stay as this will only cause team disharmony and then that 1 player has a ripple effect across the playing group.
As soon as he drops a few balls, misses a few tackles, turns up late to training etc then others in the team will be questioning their desire to play along side him.

SO NO BRAINER, your either 110% IN and committed or ###K off.. why would anyone want that sort of player in our team. Funny people carry on about Blake Green and how manly screwed up letting him go blah blah,, Fact is he didn't want to stay, he didn't turn up for training, he made multiple requests to leave and in the end he wasn't even talking to the coach or CEO in a bid to force the issue, So he has to go.. simple, and he goes has a good year at the Warriors and all the fools out there carry on, but they don't think that he has a good year because hes HAPPY, hes where he wants to be and putting in 110%, if he is forced to stay he puts in 80% if that and lets the TEAM down but he doesn't care, he clears his conscience by saying to himself 'Oh well they forced me to stay. so they get what I dish up"

We are Manly, we more than anything thrive on US against them mentality, and it all starts with a TEAM that is 110% committed to each other as 1 TEAM.... in short no one is bigger than the team so if your not happy, if your not willing to put your body on the line and bleed for your mate beside you then F##K off, Im sure Des will kindly open the door and slam it behind you!

Go Manly
Not necessarily ,He only had one year left here .
If we make him stay ,his contract offer at warriors is probably pulled.
We now have him in his final contracted year playing for a new contract .
I bet he would have been putting in 100%.

Met Albert when he was around 3 (Will, about 12 at the time, took my nephew’s jersey into the dressing rooms and got it signed for him). He was a mini-John then, a stocky, nuggety, powerful-looking little thing - not a bit of the lankiness that Will had. I think you’re right that kids who are powerfully built do handle the transition to playing against men at a young age a lot more easily than the gangly ones do.

What a lame excuse just for you to get into the dressing room ... own it ...... you wanted to have a perv you ....

Look I’m willing to put an 18 year old out there if he is ready. But 3 is a bridge too far, no matter how stocky he is.

Jorge to centres...I've been thinking it for years. He's too slow for the wing these days, but still has a good pass on him (short pass anyways)...it takes his suspect high-ball skills out of the equation...well-known to hit nearly as hard as Skivvi did...and 105kg of Taufua running off a Joel Thompson pass or cut-out from DCE would strike fear into the heart of most centres in the game!

Jorge would boss wherever he plays! The guy's a gun!!! Him and Walks as our centre pairing would be brutal!!!

I saw him play schoolboy rugby last winter. He is definitely a heavier build than Will, and about as tall...bigger chest and shoulders. He'll be about the John Hopoate size when adult I'd say, and looked very athletic as well.

I'm more excited to see who replaces Kelly . He may turn out to be a fine player one day, but won't be greatly missed.
I am really disappointed DES granted Kelly a release.

In terms of a replacement. Rumour has it Haynes plane has landed at dragqueens.

Where does he play at the dragons? 5/8 hunt moves to hooker? Centre, wing, fullback?

Dragons have a abunch of exciting, young outside backs. Euan Aitken didn't finish the season to well their either.

Something has to give at the dragons.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Albert Hopoate
03. Will Hopoate
04. Dylan Walker
05. Tevita Funa
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Make it happen Des. Will take the disappointment of losing Kelly away.

I really like the personnel chosen but why TT at FB over Will?
50/50 on Funa over Anderson. Size v speed?

I am really disappointed DES granted Kelly a release.

In terms of a replacement. Rumour has it Haynes plane has landed at dragqueens.

Where does he play at the dragons? 5/8 hunt moves to hooker? Centre, wing, fullback?

Dragons have a abunch of exciting, young outside backs. Euan Aitken didn't finish the season to well their either.

Something has to give at the dragons.
Ewan Aitkin would be the go .

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10