The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
TBH, if Will does return to Manly (and I can't see it happening for 2019 at least) I'd rather see him in the centres and Tom remain at fullback. As an attacking player at least I think Tom has a much better fullback game than Hopoate, a better running game and I think Hopoate's skills would serve us better in the centres.
Albert is potentially better than Wil . Wil will also be a great acquisition . I like where Hasler is Heading which is the opposite direction n where Trent was with his teams selections and performance

TBH, if Will does return to Manly (and I can't see it happening for 2019 at least) I'd rather see him in the centres and Tom remain at fullback. As an attacking player at least I think Tom has a much better fullback game than Hopoate, a better running game and I think Hopoate's skills would serve us better in the centres.

From reports I've heard and some excerpts, Will's younger brother Albert, will be a better player than Will and maybe up there with Tom in a few years.

This potential move is one reason I wish that the NRL had a draft or trade season similar to the AFL. If it was the AFL and BK wants to go to the titans in the last year of his contract, Manly and the Titans would negotiate the release with other clubs potentially featuring as well. It’s good theatre but at the same time all clubs involved in the trade come away with something.

I like Brian and really enjoyed watching his development in a team that wasn’t developing this last season. He seems like a great kid and always put in 100%. If he believes his happiness lies elsewhere, well, I will continue to watch him and hope he develops to his full potential elsewhere.

As for comparing this potential scenario to the Blake Green situation, Green came to Manly on a cheapish contract, had a stellar season in 2017 out of the Storm system, and had an offer for (allegedly double) 3 years that he couldn’t refuse. I wish he stayed but it is his career and family he needs to look after. The manner he went about it stunk, though. Brian is young, was allegedly offered a contract extension and upgrade but apparently wants to be closer to his family. From all reports he is going about obtaining the release with respect and dignity.

So, all in all, I am a BK fan irrespective of where he plays.

So we released Kelly big deal he is a good young player but he is hardly Fulton,Snoz,Lyon or Matai that we are releasing. He showed his heart isn't at the club by agreeing and than not signing an extension. So back to the Titans for young Brian I feel bad for him destroying his promising career.
I don't think Brian will destroy his promising career . Brians assets is his footwork and the ability to get a good pass away . His liability is his defence and a good coach can help him improve . Brian lacks genuine speed but he lacks no heart . He is a tough young player but if his heart is with his local team the Titans than we cant begrudge him for that .
We are rebuilding and that means building a better team all round . I am looking forward to that

Looks like " Snake "s " take on the player retention situation was pretty close to the mark recently when he suggested that releasing Kelly would help keeping Marty . Also combined with the fact that the Titans let Hurrall go recently meant that they would be prepared no doubt to offer Brian a pretty decent contract and one that Manly were not prepared to compete with . Of course also his generally improved and more consistent 2018 season would automatically place him in more demand . The thinking also apparently that it would be easier and more upside to find an alternative for his centre position then to lose Marty "s services . No doubt also the club would have preferred to retain him and is disappointing with him moving on , can 't see Will Hoppa coming into the picture , nor Tom Turbo being preferred as a centre . More probable , Des is accessing the forward stocks and maybe also another 6 back up or utility similar type player . Footy life moves on and hopefully on the bright side of life for all concerned and especially for Manly with this apparent development .

Looks like " Snake "s " take on the player retention situation was pretty close to the mark recently when he suggested that releasing Kelly would help keeping Marty . Also combined with the fact that the Titans let Hurrall go recently meant that they would be prepared no doubt to offer Brian a pretty decent contract and one that Manly were not prepared to compete with . Of course also his generally improved and more consistent 2018 season would automatically place him in more demand . The thinking also apparently that it would be easier and more upside to find an alternative for his centre position then to lose Marty "s services . No doubt also the club would have preferred to retain him and is disappointing with him moving on , can 't see Will Hoppa coming into the picture , nor Tom Turbo being preferred as a centre . More probable , Des is accessing the forward stocks and maybe also another 6 back up or utility similar type player . Footy life moves on and hopefully on the bright side of life for all concerned and especially for Manly with this apparent development .
You just beat me to it.

We need to call an emergency meeting of the PPC, to find out why these young blokes that Mark keeps backing hard.....leave. First Blake Leary...now Brian!

(I was with you on both @Mark from Brisbane ...but we need a fall guy)

PPC - Rock solid!!

Personnally gutted .... a fine young man in all respects and a very promising footballer ..... they make you love them .. and then they are gone .... best wishes Brian, sorry to lose you ......

Mozzie ... I can only blame the mullett wearing, dill pickle eating, bi-lingual selfie taking ****ing cheese makers for his tragic debarcle ...

Interesting. I didn't mind Kelly and I think he still has some improvement in him, so a little disappointed he is leaving. But I'm wondering who the hell we are replacing him with ?? I don't see anyone in current squad that is an upgrade on him.

Interesting. I didn't mind Kelly and I think he still has some improvement in him, so a little disappointed he is leaving. But I'm wondering who the hell we are replacing him with ?? I don't see anyone in current squad that is an upgrade on him.

There has to be a payoff , either a Bulldog coming or a Titan swap.

Des might not be looking to get an upgrade on Kelly in terms of a centre but might look to strengthen the squad in other areas. Will be interesting to see how it plays out...

Will hoppa did well in that debut year, but he didn’t play every game. And he got injured missing a few games. Wolf man’s injury gave him the spot in the end.

In the grand final he struggled to contain manu but pulled it off. He had to strain to hold manu, a tough job for anyone let alone an 18 yr old.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8